• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kurt Hinrich doubtful for the entire series vs. Bulls

Wurider05

Name of external link

7:30 p.m. UPDATE: Hawks say Kirk Hinrich is doubtful to play in series vs. Bulls because of “significant strain” to hamstring.

Cunningham just updated @ 7:30 PM. Hinrich probably won't be able to play in the next series. Damn we just can't catch a break. Should have given Teague more minutes. Damn!!

Edited by Wurider05

Damn!

• Premium Member

Assuming LD has the brains to start Teague (and really, what choice does he have?), I think we'll be fine. You don't need a rhythm to move your feet on defense and play your *ss off. That's all we need from JT0 this series. We don't need Teague to run a picturesque offense or be an Avery Johnson type floor leader. Teague's job just became Collins' job against Dwight: Don't worry about your offensive production, just try your damndest to make the opposing team's superstar work for everything he has, and don't turn the ball over.

I honestly have faith that he'll do that. No really. Teague will see this opportunity for what it is: His chance to prove on the biggest stage in basketball that he can play with the big boys. I think in this case, our triple-headed captaincy actually will work to our advantage. How many stories have we seen that mention how JJ and Josh have been pumping him up? This is maybe the one and only aspect of being a team captain that those guys seem to have gotten right.

Looking at it optimistically, having Teague on Rose for 20mpg, Damien on him for 12-15, Jamal for 6-8, and Joe for 8-10, maybe we can keep him just off-balance enough to keep him from going crazy and give us a chance to shock the world.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

That sucks. I had a really bad feeling when he went down. Well that means it's on Teague then. This is HIS time. We get to see if we really have a player or not. There's nowhere to hide with Rose on the court. He's going to have to step up and play. I always felt he had the skills, but just needed the confidence to put everything together. If he gets on a roll, this could be huge for the Hawks. If he flops, then we may have to go the unconventional route as far as checking rose(JJ, Wilkins, Sy?). I hope he accepts the challenge and shows the Bulls we have an athletic PG to be reckoned with as well.

Maybe Teague is the better defensive matchup on Rose anyway. When you look at the fact that Hinrich played great in the 1st meeting vs the Bulls, then got torched in the next 2 meetings, maybe Teague is the guy that should've been getting more time against Rose in the first place. That's not to say that we won't miss Hinrich's defense, because we will. But Teague has a golden opportunity now. Step up and play big, and you will be the PG for the Atlanta Hawks for years to come. Play horrible, and you may only last one more year in ATL.

If he's a baller, Teague will seize the opportunity.

• Like 1

I applaud those who are still optimistic. My eyes got a little watery. I'm tipsy right now. I'm sure Derrick is throwing a party. He's gonna go atom bomb on us.

On a side note, I know it goes in Around the League, but I hope Al was watching and DVRing Z-Bo this series. His undersized, and underathletic post play took me back to a more rugged, but beautiful time of extremely tough, yet highly technical post positioning, catching, and finishing at all costs. I got excited watching him spin, duck, leverage, and power his way to operate on his own terms on the block, IN CRUNCH TIME.

Back to my team, everyone needs to play that much harder now that Kirk is gone. F$&k.

Let's go still, but damn. Bartender!!! 3 more.

Edited by benhillboy

I applaud those who are still optimistic. My eyes got a little watery. I'm tipsy right now. I'm sure Derrick is throwing a party. He's gonna go atom bomb on us.

On a side note, I know it goes in Around the League, but I hope Al was watching and DVRing Z-Bo this series. His undersized, and underathletic post play took me back to a more rugged, but beautiful time of extremely tough, yet highly technical post positioning, catching, and finishing at all costs. I got excited watching him spin, duck, leverage, and power his way to operate on his own terms on the block, IN CRUNCH TIME.

Back to my team, everyone needs to play that much harder now that Kirk is gone. F$&k.

Let's go still, but damn. Bartender!!! 3 more.

I was thinking the same thing watching Z-bo in their series. That's old school hard nosed playing. No finesse. No shooting 3 pointer. People on here laughed at me when I said I would rather have Z-Bo at PF than Josh Smith. You don't see that kind of rugged play anyone. The league is mostly a bunch of pretty boys who are afraid of contact. Mark Gasol is rugged too. It's funny how much better they got after Rudy Gay got hurt. Makes you wonder..........................

Why does everyone think that Derrick Rose is some kind of God, is it because he is an athletic guard who plays for the Bulls??? We can use his ego to our advantage, if ya'll have noticed, Rose isn't the best with making decisions, he averages way too many turnovers. If we just pressure him or trap him we can win, we have to use his advantage as an iso player to our advantage, just like teams trap JJ all the time.