Joe Johnson is legit.

MVP23

Agreed. He seems to be playing his best ball when he needs to. Now is the perfect time. :biggrin:

One word to describe Joe tonight "clutch". Through this whole game he has made difficult shots when we needed them. In the third when Smoove was trying to shoot us out of the game he single handedly kept us in the game. Great game by joe.

Me and MVP in the same Pro-Joe post? WTF?

Homeboy balled all the way out. Hat off.

whoa whoa whoa.....is this real? :bowdown: props to u sir for actually giving joe his due

So let's see . . . in the past 7 days . .

- Killer tornadoes sweep through the Southeast

- Flood waters taking over the Midwest

- Navy SEALS kill Bin Laden

- Memphis and Atlanta not only win their 1st round matchup against their arch rivals, but turn right around and win Game 1 of the 2nd Round on the road.

- JJ pulls a Kanye West AND GOES HAM

- and MVP gives JJ props, after years of trashing the dude like he's Royal Ivey

I guess the world IS about to end. Just let it hold off untip July. Let's see how far the Hawks can go, before everything goes to heck.

• Like 2

So let's see . . . in the past 7 days . .

- Killer tornadoes sweep through the Southeast

- Flood waters taking over the Midwest

- Navy SEALS kill Bin Laden

- Memphis and Atlanta not only win their 1st round matchup against their arch rivals, but turn right around and win Game 1 of the 2nd Round on the road.

- JJ pulls a Kanye West AND GOES HAM

- and MVP gives JJ props, after years of trashing the dude like he's Royal Ivey

I guess the world IS about to end. Just let it hold off untip July. Let's see how far the Hawks can go, before everything goes to heck.

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

I was causing havoc on a Bulls fan board this week when their posters were claiming that korver and company shut JJ down during the year and it wasn't due to JJ's nagging injuries. I'm still waiting on the "you were right" email.

It went beyond his numbers last night. I know I hinge on numbers after one of his bad performances, but it's just to illustrate a point to back up what I saw. Even his strongest supporters can't deny he looked "different" last night. He had that proverbial "it". Eye of the Tiger I guess. You could tell he had a very good practice and shootaround, clearly fine tuning his jumper more than usual before a game. You could see he had that extra ooomph in his release, and crispy, snappy follow-through through his wrist. And made his moves early rather than late most of the time. All I ask is that he be prepared and leave it all out there, then he can put his wonderful basketball frame and great fundamentals to best use. And I would call this point of the season "money time.". When he's playing with an edge in May, I could care less what his salary is.

And probably the best demeanor I've seen from him in a post game interview. He was almost offended when asked about the different look of the team from the regular season. He was an extension of the coach, saying they just had to fine tune themselves, then draw off the experience of being in the second round for the third straight year, which is clearly an advantage for us over the first-time-in-a-long-time semifinal participant Bulls.

Edited by benhillboy