• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF is Larry Drew thinking

MoBetta

• Premium Member

What is up with these stupid lineups. U don't bring in Jamal for Teague smh

Yeah, I don't like that sub either. We basically send out the one guy that is penetrating and can keep up with Rose, while keeping in our two biggest offensive liabilities.

• Premium Member

One thing I'll say about Drew is he has shown he isn't stubborn like Woodson was. After the game 2 head scratcher of sitting a player with 2 fouls the entire half, we haven't seen it since. Hopefully we don't see this defensive lineup ever again, and we'll go back to what we did in game 1 that actually was working great.

One thing I'll say about Drew is he has shown he isn't stubborn like Woodson was. After the game 2 head scratcher of sitting a player with 2 fouls the entire half, we haven't seen it since. Hopefully we don't see this defensive lineup ever again, and we'll go back to what we did in game 1 that actually was working great.

Eh, just because he isn't as stubborn as Woodson doesn't still make him stubborn. He played 6 men the entire second half (not counting garbage) and we hovered around that 10 point deficit the entire time.

• Premium Member

Eh, just because he isn't as stubborn as Woodson doesn't still make him stubborn. He played 6 men the entire second half (not counting garbage) and we hovered around that 10 point deficit the entire time.

If Horford and Smith show up we take this game. Can't blame Drew for our TWO BEST players going 7 - 40 or whatever it was. The guy has been coaching well, and we are doing better than anyone thought so far in the playoffs. Iet's at least wait to see what he does in the next few games before we trash the guy.

• Premium Member

I don't understand why we have Craw on Rose, Teague on Korver. It makes zero sense.

Actually, I understand this. When Korver is in the game, Chicago runs him through 2 picks (reggie Miller style) to try to get him an open look. Teague is able to stay halfway with him.

In the Series with Indy. IN 5 games, Korver was 10-17 (58%) from three and he scored 52 points in 106 minutes. That's more points than Boozer and Bogans.

LD would rather take his chances with Rose driving and the defense collapsing than to give Korver the wide open look. Korver can hit that shot consistently.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Horford and Smith show up we take this game. Can't blame Drew for our TWO BEST players going 7 - 40 or whatever it was. The guy has been coaching well, and we are doing better than anyone thought so far in the playoffs. Iet's at least wait to see what he does in the next few games before we trash the guy.

Thank you.It's ONE game, and on top of that the shots were not falling. The only thing i dont get is crawford at the PG.

More than the off lineups... his play calling is still very suspect, We were making a comeback in the 4th with Teague running the point but time we get it down to 6, we go to ISO Joe two straight trips and two straight turnovers leading to 5 Chicago points. And this was out of a time out, so these are directly on him, IMO

• Like 1

Actually, I understand this. When Korver is in the game, Chicago runs him through 2 picks (reggie Miller style) to try to get him an open look. Teague is able to stay halfway with him.

In the Series with Indy. IN 5 games, Korver was 10-17 (58%) from three and he scored 52 points in 106 minutes. That's more points than Boozer and Bogans.

LD would rather take his chances with Rose driving and the defense collapsing than to give Korver the wide open look. Korver can hit that shot consistently.

Precisely, everyone else is getting stonewalled on Korver screens whereas Teague actually beats him to his spot and has kept him relatively quiet. It's up to Jamal to make a better effort on Rose and stop biting on his initial move forcing the rest of the defense to help right away because the Teague on Korver part of LD's strategy has be good sound coaching.

• Moderators

Precisely, everyone else is getting stonewalled on Korver screens whereas Teague actually beats him to his spot and has kept him relatively quiet. It's up to Jamal to make a better effort on Rose and stop biting on his initial move forcing the rest of the defense to help right away because the Teague on Korver part of LD's strategy has be good sound coaching.

Actually, I think the strategy is to just give Rose open jumpers. Jamal played way off of him to make sure he can defend the drive. In game one it worked well. Not so much in 2 because Rose sank some open jumpers. So LD really did what was working for them in game one. It just stopped working to a certain extent. It didn't so much stop working as we just couldn't score on the other end. The Bulls weren't really lighting it up either.

I'm not worried. We need to win game 3 but I think we can beat them and I think they know that.

• Premium Member

More than the off lineups... his play calling is still very suspect, We were making a comeback in the 4th with Teague running the point but time we get it down to 6, we go to ISO Joe two straight trips and two straight turnovers leading to 5 Chicago points. And this was out of a time out, so these are directly on him, IMO

LD didn't call for Iso Joe. Joe called for Iso Joe. Our offense is very simple. OG brings up the ball, gets the pick from the PG and then decides if he wants to go back to the PG or something else. IN actuality, the PG only gets the ball if he's going to take the shot or reset the offense. We run offense this way because of Bibby. Bibby was not a drive and dish PG. Neither was Lue. Both were better off the ball Pgs. Well, we are finding that Teague and Hinrich are better with the ball in their hands. My best guess is that LD is presenting new sets with the ball in Teague's hands. He has to.. however, for 4 years (at least) we have been running the offense through Joe. That allows us to fall into Iso Joe. We still have a bad tendency to go Iso when we're down.

What I hope LD is drilling as we speak is that when Joe is doubled, both Horf and Smoove and Marvin is slashing to the basket and Joe is looking for them.

The other thing that Jamal could do is take Korver. In game 1, Tibbs had to take Korver out because Jamal was smoking him. In game 2, it felt like Korver played the whole game. When Korver comes in the game, our offense should go Iso Crawford and let Jamal take him off the dribble. No 3 pters. At worst, a midrange shot. Korver's defense is his weakness. If we make it apoint that we are attacking Korver, he will quickly be replaced for a less effective Brewer.

Maybe someone can remember this for me, but I didn't see Craw shooting off screens in game 2. Did this happen at all? Seems like every time he got the ball it was jab -> pull up jumper(or something like that) from 3, terrible. Was he trying to be aggressive and drive or something? I must've just missed why he was going away from him strength.

In game 1 he seemed to shoot off screens all game (and make them).

Actually, I think the strategy is to just give Rose open jumpers. Jamal played way off of him to make sure he can defend the drive. In game one it worked well. Not so much in 2 because Rose sank some open jumpers. So LD really did what was working for them in game one. It just stopped working to a certain extent. It didn't so much stop working as we just couldn't score on the other end. The Bulls weren't really lighting it up either.

I'm not worried. We need to win game 3 but I think we can beat them and I think they know that.

Jamal has a tendency to try to guess where a player is going rather than react. The strategy didn't work as well because Jamal 1) sagged too far off 2) spent most of his time looking for and shading his body towards where he felt a pick was coming from rather than watching Rose. Korver was absolutely neutralized as he only managed a desperation 3 at the end of the shot clock over Jamal but Jamal has to play smarter and realize that the play is to sag and give Rose the three and not to continually sag off him all the way into the paint. That's easily fixed though with just better focus.

• Premium Member

Maybe someone can remember this for me, but I didn't see Craw shooting off screens in game 2. Did this happen at all? Seems like every time he got the ball it was jab -> pull up jumper(or something like that) from 3, terrible. Was he trying to be aggressive and drive or something? I must've just missed why he was going away from him strength.

In game 1 he seemed to shoot off screens all game (and make them).

Offensively, Jamal had a few layups, but not enough for my taste. The one thing I love to see is Teague with the ball on the left side of the court and a hole develops. Teague will drive. That's good money. Jamal with the ball and a hole develops. Jab step, long three with a hand in his face. We need that old Shake and Bake Jamal who use to light up Seattle, Chicago, and NY. He's an admitted ball hog which is why he should be OG not PG, but... I know he can get into the lane and score on anybody on that team.

So you should always play Josh and Al regardless of how crappy and uninspiring they are playing? That right there is the definition of stubborn.