• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs are calling bogus fouls! Geez!

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member

I had last night to mull this over and after talking to some die hard Bulls fans (wife included) at work it is blatantly obvious even by them that the refs were in full on "protect the favorite team" mode last night. I don't need to argue with anyone over this, we all saw the truth and if some people don't want to admit it then that's on them.

I'm over it, we need to protect the house and win game six.

At some point... the activities of last night has to be called out. There is no whistle blower. The refs determined the outcome of the game last night with their timely whistles for Chicago and their look aways for Atlanta. Then they paint this picture of "homecooking".

Let's call it out. Stern has his refs to do his bidding in order to increase profit margins. Stern doesn't want low market teams to go to his finals. If you don't believe... think about the teams that have been in and won championships in the last 30 years:

Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Rockets.

30 years of basketball... 5 championship teams.

Really?

Didn't the same thing happen with Hulk Hogan? I remember in Wrestling, there was a time that nobody could beat Hogan.

We have the same trick here.

Notice, if anybody says anything about the way games are called, they are then sentenced to Purgatory by Stern.

Ask him about last nights game.

"Studying under d*ck Bavetta for 13 years was like pursuing a graduate degree in advanced game manipulation. He knew how to marshal the tempo and tone of a game better than any referee in the league, by far. He also knew how to take subtle — and not so subtle — cues from the NBA front office and extend a playoff series or, worse yet, change the complexion of that series.

The 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings presents a stunning example of game and series manipulation at its ugliest. As the teams prepared for Game 6 at the Staples Center, Sacramento had a 3–2 lead in the series. The referees assigned to work Game 6 were d*ck Bavetta, Bob Delaney, and Ted Bernhardt. As soon as the referees for the game were chosen, the rest of us knew immediately that there would be a Game 7. A prolonged series was good for the league, good for the networks, and good for the game. Oh, and one more thing: it was great for the big-market, star-studded Los Angeles Lakers."

"Another thing that Donaghy mentioned that resonates strongly is “superstar treatment.” We’ve all seen the ones who benefit from that. Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James all seem to live at the free throw line, especially with the game on the line.

It’s gotten so bad for James that he causes a stink when anything is called on him on close games. I have watched many a game where LeBron has benefited greatly from this superstar treatment, and if Donaghy is to be believed, the league not only knows about it, they practically encourage it.

In the book, he says, “Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear—call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game.”

This is the kind of stuff that cause fans to seethe with anger, particularly those who aren’t fans of the Lakers, Heat or Cavaliers. "

You need a Lebron or a Wade to throw in there and get you some calls in these situations...or both.

As has been said, we don't have that guy who is going to break down his man and explode at the rim and demand a call.

I thought the Hawks got the short end of the ref stick last night at some key points -- particularly the Teague steal and the Rose touch fouls....but JJ, Craw and Teague don't go right at the rim and demand calls on their dribble drives even though they very well do draw contact.

Edited by jhay610

When someone hits the floor and is slow to get up, it's play on, right? We have watched as a

player lies on the floor, in pain, and his team has to get the ball and call time out or foul to

stop play or do something. Happens all the time in the NBA.

In last night's game, Rose had a shoe come off and he had to stop and put it back on. This

happens to a lot of players. I've saw it before. Nothing strange about that.

But wait. The ref "suddenly" discovers a wet spot on the floor and stops play while Rose puts

his shoe back and someone comes and wipes away this great pool of water.

When the shoe was back on, play resumed.

Super hero stuff? You bet! Even the biased announcers were talking about this one. Didn't cost

the Bulls a foul or a time out or anything. Ref was just looking out for Rose.

Not that the officials were favoring one side over the other. Oh, no. That doesn't happen. And,

Rose never missed a single shot last night that he didn't believe that he was fouled and he never

did anything where he believed he committed a foul. With all the calls he got, he was still being

a cry baby about the calls.

Rose has talent. A ton of talent. He is said to be very humble by people who really know him.

Then, why does he come across as a Sweet Old Boy when he's on the floor against the Hawks?

I hate losing but being beaten by a superior team I can life with. I can't believe that happened.

:rtfm:

• Premium Member

When someone hits the floor and is slow to get up, it's play on, right? We have watched as a

player lies on the floor, in pain, and his team has to get the ball and call time out or foul to

stop play or do something. Happens all the time in the NBA.

In last night's game, Rose had a shoe come off and he had to stop and put it back on. This

happens to a lot of players. I've saw it before. Nothing strange about that.

But wait. The ref "suddenly" discovers a wet spot on the floor and stops play while Rose puts

his shoe back and someone comes and wipes away this great pool of water.

When the shoe was back on, play resumed.

Super hero stuff? You bet! Even the biased announcers were talking about this one. Didn't cost

the Bulls a foul or a time out or anything. Ref was just looking out for Rose.

Not that the officials were favoring one side over the other. Oh, no. That doesn't happen. And,

Rose never missed a single shot last night that he didn't believe that he was fouled and he never

did anything where he believed he committed a foul. With all the calls he got, he was still being

a cry baby about the calls.

Rose has talent. A ton of talent. He is said to be very humble by people who really know him.

Then, why does he come across as a Sweet Old Boy when he's on the floor against the Hawks?

I hate losing but being beaten by a superior team I can life with. I can't believe that happened.

:rtfm:

We've seen wet spots dealt with also. Never a break in the action.

I would love to have the power of a god to turn back time and have last night's game played exactly the same exact the Hawks were the Bulls and vice versa. I don't have to be omniscient to know that some of those crying here would be calling the bull fans crybabies for not winning and looking for scapegoats. But, I guess we'll just have to live with the entertaining conspiracy theories.

Edited by Eddielives

It takes a Teke to make that dumb@SS assessment. We were screwed when it came to the whistle. By the way, how in the hell did you guys lose your space on Greek Row. Lol. That rocks no existant.

Undergrads rush a bunch of dumbasses. You wind up with a chapter full of toolbags so alumni association shuts it down waits 5 years for campus to cycle through and restarts the chapter about 40 strong and hopefully the undergrads don't screw it up again.

I dont think anything is gonna happen, honestly.

Didn't Zaza hit Boozer's head and he was bleeding for a while. Oh yeah, that's right he did. Where was the call. They didn't call it. What!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't call the foul on Zaza??!! That's incredible. You guys still complaining about the refs are ridiculous.

any word on Boozers status for the elbow to Josh heads ?

I'm sure Boozers elbow was not seriously injured or we would have heard by now!

:derisive:

• Like 1

Didn't Zaza hit Boozer's head and he was bleeding for a while. Oh yeah, that's right he did. Where was the call. They didn't call it. What!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't call the foul on Zaza??!! That's incredible. You guys still complaining about the refs are ridiculous.

I don't think Zaza's elbow was intentional, or if it was, at least it was in the flow of game action. Zaza was definitely conceding the foul though.

Boozer's elbow was a blatant cheap shot after the play.

At any rate, welcome to playoff basketball.

At some point... the activities of last night has to be called out. There is no whistle blower. The refs determined the outcome of the game last night with their timely whistles for Chicago and their look aways for Atlanta. Then they paint this picture of "homecooking".

Let's call it out. Stern has his refs to do his bidding in order to increase profit margins. Stern doesn't want low market teams to go to his finals. If you don't believe... think about the teams that have been in and won championships in the last 30 years:

Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Rockets.

30 years of basketball... 5 championship teams.

Really?

Didn't the same thing happen with Hulk Hogan? I remember in Wrestling, there was a time that nobody could beat Hogan.

We have the same trick here.

Notice, if anybody says anything about the way games are called, they are then sentenced to Purgatory by Stern.

Ask him about last nights game.

"Studying under d*ck Bavetta for 13 years was like pursuing a graduate degree in advanced game manipulation. He knew how to marshal the tempo and tone of a game better than any referee in the league, by far. He also knew how to take subtle — and not so subtle — cues from the NBA front office and extend a playoff series or, worse yet, change the complexion of that series.

The 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings presents a stunning example of game and series manipulation at its ugliest. As the teams prepared for Game 6 at the Staples Center, Sacramento had a 3–2 lead in the series. The referees assigned to work Game 6 were d*ck Bavetta, Bob Delaney, and Ted Bernhardt. As soon as the referees for the game were chosen, the rest of us knew immediately that there would be a Game 7. A prolonged series was good for the league, good for the networks, and good for the game. Oh, and one more thing: it was great for the big-market, star-studded Los Angeles Lakers."

"Another thing that Donaghy mentioned that resonates strongly is “superstar treatment.” We’ve all seen the ones who benefit from that. Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James all seem to live at the free throw line, especially with the game on the line.

It’s gotten so bad for James that he causes a stink when anything is called on him on close games. I have watched many a game where LeBron has benefited greatly from this superstar treatment, and if Donaghy is to be believed, the league not only knows about it, they practically encourage it.

In the book, he says, “Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear—call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game.”

This is the kind of stuff that cause fans to seethe with anger, particularly those who aren’t fans of the Lakers, Heat or Cavaliers. "

Stuff like this really angers me. The NBA is run by idiots. If they would follow the lead of the NFL and let the players decide the outcome of the games, then the league would be more popular. More people would be invested because they would feel that their team has a fair chance to win a title. Do they not think that people can clearly see that some players can get away with murder while others can't even play good defense without getting a foul called on them??? That is a MAJOR turnoff to a lot of people.

You are just ridiculous. Have no idea what game you were watchn, pseudo hawk fan...... no zaza didn't head butt boozer.

I watched the same game you did. We just perceive things two different ways. You look for excuses to make you feel better about why your team lost. I look at the reasons why my team lost. We lost because our two main offensive threats didn't show up. Did you happen to see that?

I'm watching the replay of the 4th quarter on NBA TV right now

LOL at how much they rigged the game in that quarter.

I blamed us for being stangnant on offense but on two of those 4 stagnant possession they were HOLDING our guys. On one play where Joe Johnson had to force up a 3, Derrick Rose was HOLDING Teague's arm and I mean blatant. I can't believe I didn't see it the first time

And the biggest joke of all is how they had the no call on Crawford getting fouled on the 3 with the phantom and 1 for Taj Gibson on the other hand. That was a 6 point swing!

And right before that, when teh Bulls were up 1, they called a phantom loose ball foul on Zaza to give him his 4th, so the Bulls got an extra possession and went up 3.

That and the bogus re setting of the shot clock, those plays killed us

And let's not even mention all the "don't Breathe on Rose" fouls they called down the stretch.

Sure we have to play through some of that stuff, but man it's really frustrating how this sport more than any other sport is decided by the officials as much as it is the players

• Like 1

I'm watching the replay of the 4th quarter on NBA TV right now

LOL at how much they rigged the game in that quarter.

I blamed us for being stangnant on offense but on two of those 4 stagnant possession they were HOLDING our guys. On one play where Joe Johnson had to force up a 3, Derrick Rose was HOLDING Teague's arm and I mean blatant. I can't believe I didn't see it the first time

And the biggest joke of all is how they had the no call on Crawford getting fouled on the 3 with the phantom and 1 for Taj Gibson on the other hand. That was a 6 point swing!

And right before that, when teh Bulls were up 1, they called a phantom loose ball foul on Zaza to give him his 4th, so the Bulls got an extra possession and went up 3.

That and the bogus re setting of the shot clock, those plays killed us

And let's not even mention all the "don't Breathe on Rose" fouls they called down the stretch.

Sure we have to play through some of that stuff, but man it's really frustrating how this sport more than any other sport is decided by the officials as much as it is the players

Seriously, if these plays are this obvious and one-sided, then why aren't we seeing any reports from any of the analysts or sports commentators(besides Holman, Nique and Rathbun) to even suggest we might have gotten shafted? Oh, that's right.....it's a conspiracy to get the Bulls to the next round. RIIIIIIIIIGHT!