• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince Carter

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

According to published reports Vince Carter is about to be bought out by the Suns......

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214194/Report_Suns_To_Buy_Out_Carter

The Hawks need to jump on this in a hurry. He is a scorer deluxe and gets to the line alot.

This is the move I make if I am the Hawks this summer.

I would trade Marvin for picks to get this done.

I was just about to post this! I think we should def go after VC. I mean he dont necessary fix the rebound or BIG Man prob but he does fix the get to throw free throw line problem the hawks have.

• Like 1

I'd have no problem w/ VC in the Highlight Factory... But where would we put him in our rotation?!?

Replace Crawford?

I don't want VC though, i'd much rather sign T-Mac or Richard Hamilton if we're going for a player past his prime.

One plus of getting him is he wouldn't be playing against us. Seems like he's always been murder.

Can anyone explain why Carter is too old at 34 (and I'm not saying he is or isn't, but that seems to be the consensue) but guys like Kidd and Nash seem to be able to keep on going and going and going? Is it just conditioning?

• Premium Member

I'd have no problem w/ VC in the Highlight Factory... But where would we put him in our rotation?!?

at the three. Kinda funny after he left he Majic they went down.....

This thread proves that some of you simply don't watch the league.

Vince had a better year as an "old man" at 34, than both Jamal Crawford and Marvin Williams. He's still good enough to be a starting 3 in this league, and definitely good enough to be a quality 6th man. Like people say, he'll probably go to Chicago, and become Derrick Rose's "Ron Harper", making that team even more potent ( especially if Thibs can get him to play better defense ). The only thing in decline about Vince, is his athleticism. Lucky for Vince, athleticism wasn't the only part of his game. He's a borderline Hall of Fame player that still has the ability to play at a high level at times.

Forget what he always did to us . . . look at what he did a mere 3 months ago vs a team that made it to the Western Conference Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnl3SqeQZWA

Then he did this the next game

Tell Marvin to do that on consecutive games. Hell . . tell Jamal or JJ to do this on consecutive games.

Please start watching the league folks.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 3

• Moderators

One plus of getting him is he wouldn't be playing against us. Seems like he's always been murder.

Can anyone explain why Carter is too old at 34 (and I'm not saying he is or isn't, but that seems to be the consensue) but guys like Kidd and Nash seem to be able to keep on going and going and going? Is it just conditioning?

Kidd and Nash didn't blow their legs trying to vault 7-foot-2 people, I guess.

~lw3

This thread proves that some of you simply don't watch the league.

Vince had a better year as an "old man" at 34, than both Jamal Crawford and Marvin Williams. He's still good enough to be a starting 3 in this league, and definitely good enough to be a quality 6th man. Like people say, he'll probably go to Chicago, and become Derrick Rose's "Ron Harper", making that team even more potent ( especially if Thibs can get him to play better defense ). The only thing in decline about Vince, is his athleticism. Lucky for Vince, athleticism wasn't the only part of his game. He's a borderline Hall of Fame player that still has the ability to play at a high level at times.

Forget what he always did to us . . . look at what he did a mere 3 months ago vs a team that made it to the Western Conference Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnl3SqeQZWA

Then he did this the next game

Tell Marvin to do that on consecutive games. Hell . . tell Jamal or JJ to do this on consecutive games.

Please start watching the league folks.

Oh I watch the league thats how I can smell what you are putting of so strongly

You are the only person on this planet who thought VC played well posting a youtube clip of his 2 best games in a Sun uniform doesnt mean he played well. Its a reason they are looking to buy him out .

Its reason that after having him one season the magic decided move him again and thought Gilbert Arenas and Hedo were better longterm options and now after a half of a season the Suns have decided they would rather buy him out ?

Are you his agent or something because you are straight selling sucker bets .

Claiming how he played better than 2 bench guys in a starting role next two one of the best shot creators in the entire league in one of the best offensive systems in the entire league only helps you fool the espn watchers . Anyone who has actually seen VC play the last year knows your entire argument is ridiculous .

VC is done but lets sign him to the full MLE to learn that lesson the hard way . Thanks but no thanks Id rather he let him go be a bargain for the Lakers or spurs at the veteran exception than give him the full MLE for him to joint he most worst contracts list with us .

• Like 1