• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy Trails, Jamal!

lethalweapon3

If Sund doesn't do anything we are toast.

Its important to note that a GM does not choose to go over the luxury tax threshold. That is up to the owner and I think there are only 5 owners, out of 30 teams, curretly doing so. Atlanta is #7 in payroll for last season:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

I'd be shocked if he gets offered more then the MLE from a playoff team. He will be choosing between playing with a contender for the MLE or playing for a loser for a little over the MLE.

Edited by coachx

I am hoping if he is leaving that we can get some sort of compensation like a sign and trade or something

The only way that would most likely happen is if he's signing a contract for more than the MLE with a team over the cap. I wouldn't count on getting anything for him. So far we've let to allow any important member of our team go in a very long time so I have a feeling we might find a way to keep Jamal.

I want Jamal to keep playing in Atlanta. Now that LD has seen Teague can play PG, there should be no need for him to play PG minutes. That being said, Jamal coming off the bench at the 2 spot would be wonderful. If he leaves us, I just don't want him to go to Miami, or can he?

Please stay!

There were a lot of favorite Jamal moments, the 50 foot buzzer beating jumpers, the too many four point plays to mention, but two stand out. One was Jamal's five point play - he got fouled shooting a 3, made it and the defender was so ticked he got a technical foul and Jamal hit that one aswell. The other was that buzzer beater game winner against the Suns. He will be missed.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

Jamal exceeded my expectations. Like Flip Murray, he filled that need as the instant offense scorer. When Jamal was on, it was a beautiful thing to see.

Having said that, it was pretty obvious that he and Teague in the backcourt together didn't mix. As long as Jamal dominates the ball, Teague will not reach his potential.

Jamal gave us a good 2 years. But it's time to move on. Thanks Jamal.

And the best Jamal moment was probably the 3 he hit in the Phoenix game last year to win it. I was at Game 3 this year vs Orlando, and the 3 he made to seal that game is arguably one of the biggest shots in Atlanta playoff history. My vote still goes to the Phoenix 3 to win though.

I think JC brought a lot of good things but if he leaves it might not be a bad thing

I really like the idea of a 3 guard rotation of Joe, Teague and Kirk. We suddenly don't have to worry about defense in the backcourt.

Agree about the rotation. I want him to stay for the right price butr time will tell. It the team is sold thats a whole new ballfgame.

...but not the matador defense

Ha, i will definently not miss that. You never know, He may sign with the Bulls and Thibedeou might make him a better defender. You never know. D:

Sad

It doesn't take much to turn a 44 - 38 team , into a losing Team.

If we lose Jamal for nothing , and trade Josh for junk, we could

find that out the hard way.

Its hard to believe the Marvin has a better chance a being a Hawk

next season than Jamal or Josh.

Jamal exceeded my expectations. Like Flip Murray, he filled that need as the instant offense scorer. When Jamal was on, it was a beautiful thing to see.

Having said that, it was pretty obvious that he and Teague in the backcourt together didn't mix. As long as Jamal dominates the ball, Teague will not reach his potential.

Jamal gave us a good 2 years. But it's time to move on. Thanks Jamal.

And the best Jamal moment was probably the 3 he hit in the Phoenix game last year to win it. I was at Game 3 this year vs Orlando, and the 3 he made to seal that game is arguably one of the biggest shots in Atlanta playoff history. My vote still goes to the Phoenix 3 to win though.

Yeah..That shot was epic.