• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Joe's truck back in the news

NJHAWK

2300 comments most of them talking trash :Talking Ear Off:

Wonder why? Maybe because 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement.

Wonder why it's only NBA players..?

Edited by AHawks89

Wonder why? Maybe because 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement.

Nah most of the comments I read were mixed with racism and jealousy.

Besides I wonder how many players in that 60% were making Joe Johnson type money. Joe is filthy rich he can afford to splurge on a 250k truck.

Besides I wonder how many players in that 60% were making Joe Johnson type money. Joe is filthy rich he can afford to splurge on a 250k truck.

Hell he will probably make that much in interest alone on that 120 million dollar contract.

don't most of NBA players make quite a bit more than the Average Joe? *no pun intended* most athletes just have no idea on money management. paying over 200k for vehicle is just ridiculous IMO. even more so because that thing is hideous. he should burn it.

Edited by Mdizzle5

• Premium Member

don't most of NBA players make quite a bit more than the Average Joe? *no pun intended* most athletes just have no idea on money management. paying over 200k for vehicle is just ridiculous IMO. even more so because that thing is hideous. he should burn it.

Those comments got a little ridiculous. No doubt on the racist side. Still Joe really goes out of his way to look like an idiot. Rocking that idiotic watch and spending 200K on that hideous truck....Proof that money does not buy taste.

Edited by Not5Not6Not7
  • Like 1

Kobe still makes more money then JJ. In fact Kobe is still, by far, the highest paid player in the world.

JJ does not even make the top 10 highest paid player list yet. JJ's time will come but its not here yet. Years 5 and 6 will be painful from a cap perspective.

Edited by coachx

Nobody complains about the money Actors spend or what CEO's buy. Let the man be. That truck is pretty much a limo or land yacht. He can have lots of family and friends in there and doesn't have to stop at dark gas stations in the middle of the night to fill up. Really, Joe Johnson doesn't get in trouble and rarely makes headlines beyond this truck. Some people.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nobody complains about the money Actors spend or what CEO's buy. Let the man be. That truck is pretty much a limo or land yacht. He can have lots of family and friends in there and doesn't have to stop at dark gas stations in the middle of the night to fill up. Really, Joe Johnson doesn't get in trouble and rarely makes headlines beyond this truck. Some people.

I don't think twice about any comment I see on youtube or yahoo. Internet as a whole is controlled by race-baiting trolls.

• Premium Member

It is definitely, definitely not just NBA players. It's a problem among athletes in every major pro sport where you can go from being in school and making no money to being a multimillionaire overnight.

Edited by niremetal

Lets face it if any of us were offered 120 mill over the next 6 years at our jobs we would take it in a millisecond and Im sure we all would buy something ridiculous. I have more respect for Joe than I do some multi mill or bill celeb telling me to donate my $$$ to some charity.

Look at Mel Gibson, lol. Wasnt he like the richest celeb on earth for awile there, now he is piss broke, worse he is in huge debt.

• Like 1

I've heard 78% of football players go broke after 2 years. Regardless, it seems like athletes don't know how to manage their money.

Buying jewelry, rims, cars, huge house, spending money on a bunch of stupid stuff. Like you said, let them be stupid and blow all their money on stupid stuff. Athletes are overpaid anyways, and at the end of the day,we (who pays them) can all get the last laugh.

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

I've heard 78% of football players go broke after 2 years. Regardless, it seems like athletes don't know how to manage their money.

Buying jewelry, rims, cars, huge house, spending money on a bunch of stupid stuff. Like you said, let them be stupid and blow all their money on stupid stuff. Athletes are overpaid anyways, and at the end of the day,we (who pays them) can all get the last laugh.

People who entertain for a living just aren't that bright. There's always an exception but for the most part they're narcissistic idiots. The same goes for very attractive women.

Unfortunately most athletes have agents and other people pushing them to make money so they can get a piece of the pie. They aren't telling them how to invest or save their money once they get to that point.

And many athletes come from families that don't know wealth either so they don't know how to spend wisely themselves. That's what gives us the situation we have now.

Unfortunately most athletes have agents and other people pushing them to make money so they can get a piece of the pie. They aren't telling them how to invest or save their money once they get to that point.

And many athletes come from families that don't know wealth either so they don't know how to spend wisely themselves. That's what gives us the situation we have now.

yep... it takes me back to the time of Latrell "I Cant Feed My Family" Sprewell. :rofl: