• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul officially demands a trade

GameTime

arent yall glad we didnt draft cp3 now????? it was obvious the management saw this coming in the future and decided to take marvin instead.

:smile: we probaly would of been in the same position. I rather not have a basketball team then have our superstar demand a trade and gets traded to the knicks ( thats how much I hate them).

the hornets are about to be the cleveland cavaliers and we are still a playoff team and we still have MARVIN :smile:

(sarcastic post dont take too seriously)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We had our chance to get Paul a few seasons ago and we blew it. That ship has sailed unless Paul says he wants to play in New York OR Atlanta, and I don't see that happening. I think we just have to hope that the 'other' standout PG from Wake Forest develops into our PG of the future.

How about we trade JJ for Paul and filler (so the salaries can add up). I know that he doesn't want to be here but we let him walk and boom we are out of JJ's contract. Who knows maybe he likes playing with smoove, marv, and Horf. No player wants to play for NO so they have to get someone who is already signed long term like JJ. JJ won't complain because he is overpaid.

rememeber even if Paul walks we now have capspace.

Hell we could trade Smoove for Paul straight up and have the same results if he walks.

How about we trade JJ for Paul and filler (so the salaries can add up). I know that he doesn't want to be here but we let him walk and boom we are out of JJ's contract. Who knows maybe he likes playing with smoove, marv, and Horf. No player wants to play for NO so they have to get someone who is already signed long term like JJ. JJ won't complain because he is overpaid.

rememeber even if Paul walks we now have capspace.

Hell we could trade Smoove for Paul straight up and have the same results if he walks.

That'd be great and all, but NO would absolutely not make that deal (CP3 + X for JJ). I personally don't want to see us trade Josh, either.

• Moderators

I keep seeing articles about how Paul may force his way to the Knicks but with the Knicks having zero assets for New Orleans and not having the cap space to make a max offer in FA, does anyone else think that the league owned Hornets will take a stand for small market teams and not let this happen? I can see the team trading him as a rental to some other team (how hard would it be to match Billup's expiring contract and Iman Shrumpet for value?) just to show the players that they are going to cost themselves a lot of money if they want to keep putting on these very public power plays that infuriate fan bases while they are still under contract with their team.

ESPN's Hollinger:

Chris Paul, Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Emeka Okafor to Atlanta for Al Horford, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich and Jeff Teague.

Paul wanted to come to Atlanta in the infamous 2005 draft that saw the Hawks instead select Marvin Williams, and our Chris Broussard just reported that Atlanta is still on the list.

So allow me to speak for all Atlantans for a second:

HE'D CONSIDER US!!! HE SAID HE'D CONSIDER US!!!!

Now that we have that out of the way ... it's highly unlikely CP is coming to Atlanta, given that the team is arguably on even shakier financial footing than the Hornets and the Hawks would likely have to trade their best young assets to get him. The best-case scenario for the Hawks is for the deal to cost them only one of Horford and Smith and not both, but it seems like that bid would easily be trumped by some of the others above.

You'll excuse the locals for getting all geeked up about this though, as it's the first time a superstar mentioned wanting to play here since Mt. Mutombo arrived nearly two decades ago.

I say sign me up and can we do it today please?!?!?

PG: CP

SG: JJ

SF: T. Ariza

PF: Emeka Okafor

C: Zaza

Yep.......I'm good......J. Jack and Crawford off the bench.

ESPN's Hollinger:

Good to know that we have two loose screws than one in Hollinger. Probably the worst trade idea I seen in ages.

That team would be worst than the current team. No PF's. No post scorers. Horrible defending PnR. Horrible post defense. Horrible PnR finishers. Horrible everything offensively. This would even limit Paul to a degree. Hollinger has to be smoking dope, this shite is the worst I've seen in ages. This is worst than Diesel trade Josh Smith for Kaman thread. I hate stupid trade proposals. This reminds me of the Sessions for Teague one before ASB.

The fact that he said Mutombo was a superstar? Is he one of these stupid posters who post here as well? He needs to stick to stats, his trade ideas are about as bad as Emmitt Smith's grammar. If he reads this: Please don't write anything on the Hawks again. Do not even twitter about them.

What kind of idiot offers two top 20-30 players who are BIGS just to add for one top 10 player who wants out and an ext for only several teams?

His dumbass really thought this was a good offer and then he tried to claim Atlanta in the mix. This disrespectful clown. I swear the most ignorant people who claim to watch the Hawks are the worst commentators on their talent. They hate the team so much they make a joke out of it. I been seeing this often but when the SOB said as an Atlantan, I wanted to pay him a nice visit and beat the shite out of him. Disrespectful maggot.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

ESPN's Hollinger:

Is this an ESPN article?? Do you have a link?

Is this an ESPN article?? Do you have a link?

ESPN insider and he claims Atlanta as if he gives a f*. He is like so many in this city. So sick of the team, they will trade everyone just to move on. They could care less how good the players are. They just hate watching this damm team. Hotlanta and I even talked about this. We both agreed that Smith and Horford were very good players but he was one as a diehard who just wanted to trade everyone. He hated watching this team play. That gets in the way of logic. Look at his offers. The Clipper deal was so one sided I couldn't believe it. It was a worst deal than our if we just traded Smith, Teague, and Marvin for CP3 and Okafor. He didn't even include Gordon. Seriously? No Gordon. They deal is crap, they get Bledsoe and Aminu who look like future bench warmers and current day bench warmers. Jordan who offensive game is worst than Zaza. And so other suckers... It's one thing for someone to write this from the BR but from ESPN and Hollinger of all people. That's a real slap in the face to ASG, the Hawks fans, and anyone in the NBA. Slap in the face to Horford, Smith, and Teague as well. Sund too. He basically said, Smith and Horford aren't shite. I see them like I see Baron Davis and Mo Williams.

The fact that we had a poster even say I like this deal should draw for a poster to get his loyalty reviewed. I don't know if you guys been doing what you do or how you do it for as long as I do but I talk to a lot of people. When people do what Hollinger did above, it's basically a big "F**K YOU and your people" but in a subtle way. My language is rough but this article should have Hollinger banned from ever coming into Phillips again.

Good to know that we have two loose screws than one in Hollinger. Probably the worst trade idea I seen in ages.

That team would be worst than the current team. No PF's. No post scorers. Horrible defending PnR. Horrible post defense. Horrible PnR finishers. Horrible everything offensively. This would even limit Paul to a degree. Hollinger has to be smoking dope, this shite is the worst I've seen in ages. This is worst than Diesel trade Josh Smith for Kaman thread. I hate stupid trade proposals. This reminds me of the Sessions for Teague one before ASB.

The fact that he said Mutombo was a superstar? Is he one of these stupid posters who post here as well? He needs to stick to stats, his trade ideas are about as bad as Emmitt Smith's grammar. If he reads this: Please don't write anything on the Hawks again. Do not even twitter about them.

What kind of idiot offers two top 20-30 players who are BIGS just to add for one top 10 player who wants out and an ext for only several teams?

His dumbass really thought this was a good offer and then he tried to claim Atlanta in the mix. This disrespectful clown. I swear the most ignorant people who claim to watch the Hawks are the worst commentators on their talent. They hate the team so much they make a joke out of it. I been seeing this often but when the SOB said as an Atlantan, I wanted to pay him a nice visit and beat the shite out of him. Disrespectful maggot.

Get off your high horse man......CP would unbelievably elevate this team and city......say what you want it's your opinion. But, other people watch basketball as well. CP and JJ would be a terrific duo. We can find someone to do the things Smoove, Horf, and Marvin do. We've been searching for years for a guy like Paul. C and PG. If you can get superstar at either position you've won half the battle.