• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have we improved?

timdawg777

• Premium Member

I know this is early but I believe we have a 2nd unit that can be counted on. The first team will probably be able to play less minutes and remain fresh throughout the season. Having a strong 2nd team is important with the compressed schedule this year.

Like most, I liked the offense that Jamal Crawford brought but can't ignore the 'matador' defense he played. We can count on McGrady and Radmanovic to easily replace Jamal's offense while playing better team defense.

Go Hawks!!!

They played defense like this at times with Hinrich but the offense was good as well which didn't happen with Hinrich.

With so many back to back games the bench is going to be a lot more important. They showed up tonight!!!

Yep DrR...they (the bench) showed up bigtime tonight and they not only hustled - they made baskets (what I was worried about). Now we will see if they can keep their legs under them with this compressed schedule. I'm not too worried about Zaza since he is used to borderline starter minutes.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Its to early in the season to really say if we have improved. But I couldnt be happier with the way our bench played tonight. Instead of just the 1 good bench player we had in jamal, we have guys that are capable to producing everynight and alot more debth.

• Premium Member

Honestly, NJ is a pretty pitiful team. A conference semi-finalist playing its first game against that team after they played last night ought to have done to them what we did. The good news is we did, indeed, do what we should've done... and that's not always been a trademark of our previous teams... we too often have found ways to make some previous unknown on the other team look good while keeping them in the game.

• Like 1

Im not too worried about getting Kirk back to fast.. I feel like Pargo played good and kept the tempo upbeat and could penetrate really well.

I'm not too worried about Hinrich right this minute either - but Ahawks89 makes a good point. Hinrich is a veteran PG who plays smart D and is known to hit shots and we may need that when the other guys on the bench cool off. Either way I'm pretty happy about our current situation. The PG situation may be a bit "iffy" at this point but as long as we can get the ball down the court our other guys are good passers.

Basically all Pargo has to do is dribble down the court - not do turnovers - and play D.