• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Believe in this team

Supporter

I understand everyone's frustration with the Hawks not being able to play up to their full potentials. With that said all teams in the NBA go through what the Hawks are going through right now.

Give this team some time, they showed last year in the playoffs that they don't back down from anyone. It's only our second year and 7 games under coach drew and we just came out of a lockout, guys are going to be out of shape and tired when they play 7 games in 10 days.

We have shown flashes of both brilliance and failure, but champions are not made in the regular season, they are made in the playoffs. We've seen previous Hawks game where they got blown out by both the Bulls and the Heat and were not able to compete at all.

This year I sense something different; we are able to compete with "contenders", but it's going to take some time for everything to flow together. We will find our groove.

• Like 4

My problem with Al is when he is extremely aggressive, he gets offensive and defensive fouls too much. I really feel he won't reach his potential with this personnel. He's a movement (PnR) player who is not a face-up or back to the basket player. For that reason, he's expendable for Dwight or Lebron. For anything less than a superstar, no. Since he is that anything less than a superstar player.

This team has been boring for years, I don't know why people feel otherwise. This team needs to be broken up. Them, Philly, Indy, and Milwaukee are teams who are heading down a road of mediocre island. Atlanta has the most talent of the aforementioned teams but the worst fit.

• Like 1

As much as I love the Hawks, there's absolutely no excuse for the amount of free throws we've missed this season, especially when it really counts.

Also, how can you believe in a team with no closer? We'd only have one loss right now if we had anyone that could step up and close games out.

• Like 1

I believe, and I laugh daily at the so called fans on this board who are ready to jump ship so early on in the season.

so call fans, if you're such a true fan, what have you be rewarded with? uttered disappointment each year eh?

Edited by andyl9063

• Moderators

There is no reason to jump ship with this team - they are a playoff worthy squad that will battle to make another 2nd round appearance - but I think there is good reason to wonder about how much better this team can be without a meaningful change to the core. The Hawks will play to the level of a lot of opponents so there will be games we are all excited - like the first Miami game - and games we are down in the dumps - like the second Miami game. What concerns me is that, with the exception of Teague, I only see incremental development ahead for our key players and I see an increasing risk of deterioration.

• Like 2

Here's how I see it:

Think about your personal lives. How many of you have habits you want to break? All of us. These players have had a horrible coach for years allowing them to switch every screen and play ISO ball. This produces horrible habits in these players, and when things are tough, they will have a tendency to lean on what they'e done in the past.

This is the same thing that occurs in our lives. We do well in a particular area for a while, and then in certain situations, we cave. I'm of the belief that we will continue to see these games where we look like we've gone into our old ways, and it is Larry Drew's job to prevent them from doing that.

Understanding the situation, I hope that we see this schizophrenic team less and less often for shorter and shorter periods of time. Nevertheless, because I've watched this team play for the last few years under Woodsen, this is exactly what I expect to see. You can't just flip a switch with these guys, and if you're honest, you can't do it in your individual lives either. How Larry Drew handles these constant growing pains will determine his fate as the coach of our Hawks.

Hopefully that provides some clarity in a way that does not mitigate the concern of the doom and gloomers, but gives a fair opinion of the potential for growth that our resident sunshine pumpers have as well!

• Like 1

There is no reason to jump ship with this team - they are a playoff worthy squad that will battle to make another 2nd round appearance - but I think there is good reason to wonder about how much better this team can be without a meaningful change to the core. The Hawks will play to the level of a lot of opponents so there will be games we are all excited - like the first Miami game - and games we are down in the dumps - like the second Miami game. What concerns me is that, with the exception of Teague, I only see incremental development ahead for our key players and I see an increasing risk of deterioration.

See thats exactly why people think the Hawks and Hawk fans are joke

lol U think teams like the Lakers or Celtics expect anything less than a Finals Appearance? SMH @ even mentioning a 2nd round appearance like thats an accomplishment.

• Premium Member

This team hasn't gotten to the conference finals. Ever. (I'm not counting the St. Louis days)

That's bad. Very, very, very bad. We need to be making legitimate moves to improve our team, or they will lose all the few remaining fans that show up in the stadium. I know ownership is cash-strapped, but they need to get creative and bring in a Star to at least give us hope.

• Moderators

See thats exactly why people think the Hawks and Hawk fans are joke

lol U think teams like the Lakers or Celtics expect anything less than a Finals Appearance? SMH @ even mentioning a 2nd round appearance like thats an accomplishment.

The Celtics have their realistic best case as an Eastern Conference Finals appearance, IMO. I would put them in the category of battling to make the Conference Finals.

Neither of those are the ideal that winning the championship would be, but the reality I think is that the Hawks will have to fight to get to the 2nd round. The goal remains a championship but that isn't realistic for me.

Being a near lock for the playoffs and trying to survive and advance from that point is definitely not near championship caliber but is a lot better than teams like Toronto and Washington have to hope for so it is something.

• Premium Member

I believe, and I laugh daily at the so called fans on this board who are ready to jump ship so early on in the season.

I can tell you I have been a Hawks diehard fan since 1976. In addition Im ready to jump ship because of all of the crap with this team. They are not going to win a championship as designed. I call it like I see it and they arent getting the job done!

This team is tougher to watch then those terrible teams we had in the early to mid 2000s. I never thought a team could waste so much talent as these losers have done the last 5 years. Somehow they manage to do it. I'll never giveup on the Hawks despite what I say about them. Those losers are lucky so many here care more about the name on front of their jersey instead of the name on the back. The names on back are tarnishing the names on the front.

I understand everyone's frustration with the Hawks not being able to play up to their full potentials. With that said all teams in the NBA go through what the Hawks are going through right now.

Give this team some time, they showed last year in the playoffs that they don't back down from anyone. It's only our second year and 7 games under coach drew and we just came out of a lockout, guys are going to be out of shape and tired when they play 7 games in 10 days.

We have shown flashes of both brilliance and failure, but champions are not made in the regular season, they are made in the playoffs. We've seen previous Hawks game where they got blown out by both the Bulls and the Heat and were not able to compete at all.

This year I sense something different; we are able to compete with "contenders", but it's going to take some time for everything to flow together. We will find our groove.

Excuses.

I can tell you I have been a Hawks diehard fan since 1976. In addition Im ready to jump ship because of all of the crap with this team. They are not going to win a championship as designed. I call it like I see it and they arent getting the job done!

You're not a fan if you don't eat the peanuts outta the franchises ____.