• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do Joe and Josh Make the Cut Tonight?

lethalweapon3

Do Joe and Josh Make the Cut Tonight?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Larry Costello

Walter Davis

Vern Mikkelson

In case he makes it, the answers to the inevitable "Is there a worse six-time All-Star than Joe Johnson?" question from the punditry.

~lw3

JJ is a definite eastern all star guard ... Seems crazy to think its going to be his 6th straight year making it.

I'd live to see Josh make it but I don't see it happening.

• Admin

We will not have two representatives...Josh will not make the team and he does not deserve to.

Its hard to pick the 7 but if I had to guess:

Joe/Bosh/Iggy/DWill/Hibbert/Pierce/Jennings

Rondo's injury hurt him/ Granger has been very inconsistent as has Josh.

Joe and Josh should get in no problem. Other than one of my All-Time favs Jesus who is amazingly still shooting .500, .526 from three, and .900 from the line, I wouldn't miss any of those other guys one way or another. I guess Jennings is the most exciting baller of the guards and as far as forwards, I would go with Granger the most versatile. Wouldn't mind seeing the Tucker kid Williams make it. This team is weak so Wade and James will probably shoot 20 times each. Joe will do a freaky dribble and a teardrop for his 2 points and Josh will catch a couple alleys.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

For the Josh Smith Defense Fund... he leads all Eastern Conference forwards in defensive rebounds (3rd overall behind Dwight and Varejao) and is the only forward in the East averaging 2 blocks per contest (3rd overall, behind JaVale and Dwight).

~lw3

Not really... Josh got off to a good start, but he hasn't been good lately and Joe really hasn't earned it this year either. 3 week ago I would have said yes to Josh. Not now.

Danny Granger? The guy isn't playing good this year. He is shooting 37% from the field and he isn't much a passer either. He shouldn't make it just because Indy has a good record.

Not really... Josh got off to a good start, but he hasn't been good lately and Joe really hasn't earned it this year either. 3 week ago I would have said yes to Josh. Not now.

Danny Granger? The guy isn't playing good this year. He is shooting 37% from the field and he isn't much a passer either. He shouldn't make it just because Indy has a good record.

Sounds like a guy who deserves to make it to me...

Joe Johnson, Atlanta (16-6)

19.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.7 apg

Since Al Horford was sidelined by a torn pectoral muscle on Jan. 11, Johnson has dialed it up, averaging 21.5 points to help the Hawks to a 9-2 mark. They are 11-1 when he scores at least 20, 6-1 when he passes for five or more assists. Josh Smith is another Hawk deserving of consideration, but Johnson has been shouldering the responsibility for which Atlanta is paying those big bucks.

Joe keeps getting in by default.

90% of folks and their momma has him in. Blogs and fans. Partly thanks to the TNT crew for cosigning him. To not put him in because of his jumpshooting is stupid IMO. He deserves to go. He a can score, rebound, assist, blocks shots, steal AND HE IS ON A WINNING TEAM(despite this team being annoying).

Plus if you're a hawk fan you WANT him to go. You want him to be around elite players such as Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Rose etc. Being around them players can make Josh want to step his game up after being around elite players for 3 days.

• Moderators

Joe keeps getting in by default.

There is an amazing lack of depth at the SG position in the NBA today. It used to be that you had worthy SGs who couldn't get an All-Star bid, but today you have to stretch to find 3 SGs in the EC or WC that you could put on an All-Star roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The only real argument Joe has is the lack of depth in the east. The east is lacking in SG's. But Deron Williams, Jennings and Irving all are more deserving as guards.

All on losing teams.

You can try to down play Joe all you want.. When you look at the fact that no Horf and we're still in the hunt, how do you credit that?

The only real argument Joe has is the lack of depth in the east. The east is lacking in SG's. But Deron Williams, Jennings and Irving all are more deserving as guards.

How? Deron has played like he doesn't care about basketball this year. Jennings had one signature moment against the heat this season. The only person that should be considered of who you named is Irving who I agree should probably make the all star team.