• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Heat

So after a tough road win beating Orlando, do we come home with "fat cat" syndrome against the Heat similar to going 4-1 on raod then coming home and losing 3 straight? Or do we bring the energy and focus played against Orlando?

1. Will Teague be agressive in getting to the rim?

2. Will Joe be aggressive and have the Goat Float working? He will have help defensively on Wade with Kirk

3. Will Marvin be able to keep LBJ in check (just make him work hard). Marvin has to be a factor offensively so LBJ doesn't roam on defense.

4. Will Josh be aggressive on the boards again (19 last game), I expect at least 14 rebounds from Josh this game if he has the same mind set.

5. Zaza will be Zaza. I hope he puts LBJ and Wade on their behind.

One last thing.....WE have got to take care of the ball, Miami thrives on fast break point after turnovers.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Bombs away! Get the second best three-point shooters in the NBA out there, and take advantage of the team that gives up as many threes as anybody in the league.

Aggressive opponents like the Grizzlies, Sixers, and Heat are not going to sit back on defense and let the Hawks dictate where they want the ball to go. Taking care of the ball is a premium any time, but especially tonight. No lazy passes!

When going inside, if one of the Big 3 comes to help, kick the ball out to find the open shooter not wearing #5 on the arc. If it's anyone else doubling, get to the basket, draw contact and finish the play. Make Joel Anthony have a short night.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Premium Member

Looking forward to this game (GAWD...seems like every time I say something like that...................)

Obviously a team that can put the ball in the basket and excels in the open court. The best defense against that is taking care of the ball and taking care of the glass. I'm not even going to mention any specific player here, but...

cmonsonbig.jpg

Pat Riley associated teams are known for hustle and attitude. This is not a game to walk into with that lazy, half-assed, and confused mentality. Doesn't matter if it's 2nd chance points or turnovers or bad shots. There is no margin for error on shot selection or turnovers...you just can't give a team like this opportunities to score.

This is a night where Joe needs to be on. To put the pressure on LBJ on both ends (assuming Marvin is holding his own on the defensive). I'd really like for JJ an Teague to be the focus of our offense, but we know that ain't gonna happen. So, I just hope that Josh Smith continues to attack the paint.

Looking forward to a lot of cheering and b*tching in my living room (sad that this is a game that I wouldn't want to take my boys to).

Once again we are getting embarrassed on national TV.

This has got to be a coaching issue. The players just don't respect Drew enough to follow his gameplay or listen to him during timeouts. We need a new coach...period. How many times do we have to see this happen?

• Premium Member

Once again we are getting embarrassed on national TV.

This has got to be a coaching issue. The players just don't respect Drew enough to follow his gameplay or listen to him during timeouts. We need a new coach...period. How many times do we have to see this happen?

This is more than a coaching issue. It's a personnel issue. The rebounding numbers against the good teams and the lack of points in the paint have suggested for some time now that this team needs more size inside.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

It's obvious we're going to lose this one, rack up the loss right now..

But the part that just gets under my skin and just blinds me with rage is that the zone defense that won us the first game we played against Miami is nowhere to be seen. Larry Drew I commend you for your services so far, but please, please, for every Hawk fan in the nation, for every fan of basketball out there, sit down, take a long look at yourself, and just ask yourself, "What the f**k are you doing coaching at this level?"

EDIT: Okay, granted they ran the 2-3 zone the minute after I posted this, Drew should have brought it out as soon as soon as the game started. No excuse.

Edited by SmooveZilla

So after a tough road win beating Orlando, do we come home with "fat cat" syndrome against the Heat similar to going 4-1 on raod then coming home and losing 3 straight? ...

Haha crazy.gif ...JBH has figured our team out. Congrats JBH !! ...you have figured the Hawks out quicker than most. It's not that we are a young team and it's not that we are a "newly bonding team" (with injuries and new guys) - we are - at our core - an immature team.

Our core is not all that hard working - we tend to be prima donnas - we are lazy - and we fold like picnic chairs more often than not when in the limelight. (esp. without AL).

We have had our moments (beating ORL in the playoffs last year was no small feat)...but deep down we tend to be slackers.

Fairweather warriors if you will.

Edited by DJlaysitup

How can your 6'-7" 6 time all-star shooting guard not manage a single rebound? I am officially tired of this entire team.

Haha crazy.gif ...JBH has figured our team out. Congrats JBH !! ...you have figured the Hawks out quicker than most. It's not that we are a young team and it's not that we are a "newly bonding team" (with injuries and new guys) - we are - at our core - an immature team.

Our core is not all that hard working - we tend to be prima donnas - we are lazy - and we fold like picnic chairs more often than not when in the limelight. (esp. without AL).

We have had our moments (beating ORL in the playoffs last year was no small feat)...but deep down we tend to be slackers.

Fairweather warriors if you will.

I stand and take my worshippy.gif

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't know what most of you expected. Every win against the Heat is a huge premium for us. Be glad we haven't been swept by any LeBron James Heat team for the year yet. If they lose to us, it's a much more urgent cause for concern than vice versa. They did what they were supposed to do, just like we're supposed to beat the Bobcats in Charlotte. Their second best player is a Top 5 All Time Shooting Guard and Finals MVP. That's a whole different level of competition than us. We know this by now, right? On to the next, more realistic chance of winning one...