• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blow up the team ?

EazyRoc

I don't know about that. When we "blew it up" last time I think we'd have been better of keeping JT as he's been a tremendous player for Dallas all these years and Antoine has been out of the league for a while and only played for us for what 2 years at the most? So for me I think you need to assess which players are worth keeping long term and then move the ones who aren't.

I absolutely agree, but to say we need to "blow it up", yet keep our (arguably) three most valuable players is a little silly. That's just not how it works.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Drew and Sund's contracts both up at the end of this season? I'm not holding my breath with the ASG at the helm, but a real change with our coaching staff and front office would be an excellent place to start "rebuilding."

Edited by WakaFlocka

13 wins, 26 wins - Blow up. No thanks. However, if we get a new owner, new coaching staff, and a couple 1st round top 5 lottery picks...sure why not.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't know about that. When we "blew it up" last time I think we'd have been better of keeping JT as he's been a tremendous player for Dallas all these years and Antoine has been out of the league for a while and only played for us for what 2 years at the most? So for me I think you need to assess which players are worth keeping long term and then move the ones who aren't.

Yes yes yes - wouldn't it be nice Dolfan. We could keep our good guys and trade our lesser players away to teams that want our lesser players...(and their contracts).

C'mon man? You have to package the junk with a decent player to get a trade.

That's why if you are going to "blow it up" - you have to blow it all up....with the possible exception of Pargo biggrin.png

P.S. - to Dolfan - yes if we can keep a "good or two" it would be the best way to go.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

The Hawks will never be a big winner with Josh Smith on this team. He is a cancer, an out of control player with a huge attitude problem. Coaches and GM's around the league would give much for him, but there is a sucker born everyday, LOL. A contender would never trade for Josh.

First move would be to move Josh Smith. I would have no untouchables on the team.

On the other hand I agree with Nbasuperstar40, this team could contend if the roster had some tweaks, Josh being moved the main one. I like Kirk but if he could bring us a low post player I would move him.

No one is sending a high lotto pick for Smoove. His value is weird like Andre Igoudala's.