• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Comparison of the Day: PF

Diesel

Blake vs. Smoove  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Josh Smith vs Blake Griffin.Blake was the allstar starter, Smoove was the allstar Snub. Blake plays under the rim, Smoove plays everywhere. Blake has Paul, Smoove has Teague.BUT... Who would you take.

• Premium Member

Blake Griffin

L.A. Clippers

Position: Forward

Height: 6-10 Weight: 251

Prior to NBA / Country:

Oklahoma / USA

Player file | Team stats 2011-12 Statistics PPG 20.7 RPG 10.9 APG 3.0 SPG 0.8 BPG 0.7 FG% 0.545 FT% 0.525 3P% 0.154 MPG 36.3

osh Smith

Atlanta

Position: Forward

Height: 6-9 Weight: 225

Prior to NBA / Country:

Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, VA) / USA

Player file | Team stats 2011-12 Statistics PPG 18.9 RPG 9.7 APG 3.9 SPG 1.5 BPG 1.8 FG% 0.452 FT% 0.615 3P% 0.274 MPG 35.8

It's a hard call from a strictly play stand point. Josh can create his own shot while Blake has to have a point guard to play well. But Blake plays close to the rim and Josh has a tendency to drift to the perimeter. I would probably choose Josh because I am a bit of a homer and I think Josh provides more to the team defensivly. If we are talking from a owners standpoint then I am taking Blake no question. Blake is a Superstar and josh is not.Edit: Can we please stop doing the "osh" thing? We all know he has an inconsistent jumper. Criticize him for it but lets not resort to some petty name calling.

Edited by 01d0rd3r

• Admin

I chose Blake...a more polished offensive player and better rebounder. The big thing is the marketing aspect...suddenly people started caring about the CLippers and free agents want to play there after Blake's rookie season. Before that they were the laughing stock of the league.

I'm sorry but i find this comparison funny....if we offered josh for Blake straight up the clips would laugh at us. Much better offensively already, shot over 50% in his rookie year and is doing it again this year....is a 10 rebound per game guy which josh has never been. Marketing isnt even close, Blake is already at superstar status and brings fans out and could bring other free agents to a team like he's doing with the clippers. Defensively josh is better of course but its not even close in every other category....there's no question who I would takr

• Like 1

Do you people actually watch Clippers games? Let me ask that again DO YOU PEOPLE WATCH CLIPPERS GAMES? I believe you folks only watch the Highlights. Griffin is the most overrated player in the NBA and I'm not just saying this cause it is a Griffin vs Smith thread. I have always felt he was overrated. If you actually think Blake is more offensively polished then you are dumb as hell. Don't let his highlights and the Fact that he play for LA fool you. I've watched him play 1000 times this years and he gets 14 points of of dunks and put backs. The other 6 points from the free throw line. I know somebody is gonna make a weak argument and say "well Smoove should stick to what Griffin does" sigh... Take away his dunks do you think Griffin can score 20? HELL NO! Griffin is only 23 and I can possibly get better but as of 2012 Smith is a better overall player. MUCH better Post game, better court vision, better defense, better passer. I'm not say Smith is THAT much than Griffin. He has his flaws as well but he still overall better than Griffin. Plus he has Chris freakin Paul.Would we take Griffin for Smith? Probably ONLY because Griffin is 3 years younger. If they was the same age no.

Edited by PureGreatness

I'm sorry but i find this comparison funny....if we offered josh for Blake straight up the clips would laugh at us. Much better offensively already, shot over 50% in his rookie year and is doing it again this year....is a 10 rebound per game guy which josh has never been. Marketing isnt even close, Blake is already at superstar status and brings fans out and could bring other free agents to a team like he's doing with the clippers. Defensively josh is better of course but its not even close in every other category....there's no question who I would takr

Well defense is kinda half of the game so that is a pretty big category that Josh is better in. There is no question that blake is a more marketable player but I dont think he is miles ahead offensively.

Do you people actually watch Clippers games? Let me ask that again DO YOU PEOPLE WATCH CLIPPERS GAMES? I believe you folks only watch the Highlights. Griffin is the most overrated player in the NBA and I'm not just saying this cause it is a Griffin vs Smith thread. I have always felt he was overrated. If you actually think Blake is more offensively polished then you are dumb as hell. Don't let his highlights and the Fact that he play for LA fool you. I've watched him play 1000 times this years and he gets 14 points of of dunks and put backs. The other 6 points from the free throw line. I know somebody is gonna make a weak argument and say "well Smoove should stick to what Griffin does" sigh... Take away his dunks do you think Griffin can score 20? HELL NO! Griffin is only 23 and I can possibly get better but as of 2012 Smith is a better overall player. MUCH better Post game, better court vision, better defense, better passer. I'm not say Smith is THAT much than Griffin. He has his flaws as well but he still overall better than Griffin. Plus he has Chris freakin Paul.Would we take Griffin for Smith? Probably ONLY because Griffin is 3 years younger. If they was the same age no.

He put up 20 n 10 in his rookie year without Chris Paul so your point is what exactly? I don't cate if he scores every basket dunking the ball, hell he's scoring and doing it while shooting over 50%. And again he averages over 10 rebounds....rebounds win championships regardless of what you've heard. If you say that josh is better in the post at some point that doesn't matter bc he doesn't spend enough time down there. Things that Blake is doing in his second year josh hasn't been able to accomplish his entire career. Again if we offered the clips josh for Blake they'd laugh.

In 2010-2011, without Chris Paul, and as a rookie, Griffin put up 23 ppg and 12 rpg. Josh has never even come close to putting up those numbers for a season and I don't even believe he's ever had a month that matches that. And for the talk of Josh having better court vision, Blake has a higher career assist average and beat Josh by half and assist per game last year. Josh is nearly an assist better per game this year, but I guarantee if you put Chris Paul on the Hawks that Josh's assists would be down by at least that amount.I love Josh Smith but Blake is better offensively, more consistent as a rebounder, and he's got an enormous advantage as a fan draw.

• Premium Member

It's hysterical that people think Smoove is even in the same universe as Blake Griffin. Outside forums run by Hawks fans, no one would even think of this as a topic worth discussing.

It's hysterical that people think Smoove is even in the same universe as Blake Griffin. Outside forums run by Hawks fans, no one would even think of this as a topic worth discussing.

Thank you

We need to come up with a "homer" stat modifier to find out what an unbiased poll would look like without having to run the poll someplace else. Right now on a Hawks site Blake is leading 7-3 in the voting but if you were to run this poll on any general forums it would likely be at least a 9-1 ratio.

• Premium Member

Edit: Can we please stop doing the "osh" thing? We all know he has an inconsistent jumper. Criticize him for it but lets not resort to some petty name calling.

Actually, the osh thing was not on purpose, I cut and pasted wrong.

• Premium Member

In terms of the Blake factor...Had we shipped Josh out to LAC 2 years ago.. and he was the only option... and then he got to play with Chris Paul.. you don't think he'd do as well as Blake?