• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Asg Please Keep The Core Together But Dump Marvin At All Cost

LastDon

I think that breaking the core of Joe,Josh, and Al would be a huge mistake.. It was very refreshing to see the missing Elements thats Al brought to game 4.. He is so athletic and can rebound and run the floor and get easy baskets.. With Derrick Rose coming off of Knee Surgery we are easily a top 3 seed in the East next season with Boston being a year older(Age Eventually catches up), and also the Knicks dealing with a multitude of injuries with Shumpert, Lin and Davis. However what this season has shown is that we definitely need an upgrade at the small forward position and I would be willing to dump Marvin for the likes of players like Dray Blatche or even Josh Childress.. Marvin has given us absolutely nothing and its time that the Marvin Williams experiment ends... Ownership could show a big commitment to this team by even using the amnesty clause on Marvin and using the cap space to get a guy like Gerald Green who has finally turned the corner and is the steal of free agency..Get Hinrich off the books and draft a young point guard to groom behind Pargo as the eventual Teague backup and I think we are right back in the mix..What this team needs most is a respected coach like a Jerry Sloan/Nate McMillian who could get guys like Smith and Horford to stop trying to be point guards and give the ball to teague and fill the Lanes.. We would be never naive to trade away our talented players jus for the sake of making change if the return value isnt very good... I STILL LIKE OUR CORE! (RICK SUND VOICE)

• Premium Member

Relying heavily on the misfortunes of your opponent, whether perceived or legitimate, in hopes that it alone will elevate your inactivity and complacency is the ultimate in losers mentality. And yet, that's what the Hawks have done for the last eight years. The overvaluing, homerism and pipe dreaming about what this "core" can do must stop and finally meet with reality. Together, they're just not good enough. Am I saying everyone must go? No, not at all. However, significant change is needed to progress. If not, we'll be sitting here singing the same song. And after that, it'll be shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

This draft is weak with PG's. Marshall is the best but he's not worth moving up in the lottery for. Teague needs to be replaced as a starter. That's a no brainer.

• Premium Member

What do you say to Corey Magette?The Bobcats are going to rebuild strong. They are going to Amnesty Magette in my opinion. In fact, if they get the #1 pick.. (Highly unlikely), I suspect that what you will see is them getting Davis... and in the 2nd round, they may sneak up and get Marquis Teague.At any rate, they will want capspace and that's what Maggette is.They get a nice young coach like Brian Shaw or Pat Ewing or Larry Drew.. and they drop Maggette because he's like 11 Million on the cap and they pick up a cheapo Sf... Maybe they take Marvin in a trade?

I don't see anybody trading for Marvin unless he waives his last year player option on his contract which will make him basically an expiring contract. Who in their right mind of going to pay him 15 million over the next two years for what he produces. If he doesn't waive that option he is untradeable.

Edited by AmishBoy

Relying heavily on the misfortunes of your opponent, whether perceived or legitimate, in hopes that it alone will elevate your inactivity and complacency is the ultimate in losers mentality. And yet, that's what the Hawks have done for the last eight years. The overvaluing, homerism and pipe dreaming about what this "core" can do must stop and finally meet with reality. Together, they're just not good enough. Am I saying everyone must go? No, not at all. However, significant change is needed to progress. If not, we'll be sitting here singing the same song. And after that, it'll be shoulda, woulda, coulda.

This. I can't understand how people can possibly still believe that this core is effective and that Marvin is root problem holding them back. Wow, I can't even blame the owners anymore. If the fans are this delusional about the team why shouldn't Gearon and crew be allowed too?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'll be honest and this might surprise some people but I'll say it:in my ideal Sothron can run the team world I would do the following:Teague is my franchise PG and he will get to run the offense with the ball in his hands, no more power forwards doing that.Horford is now my franchise PF and will never, ever play center again unless the other team is running small ball.I trade Joe for whatever you can get, I trade Josh for a real center that can score in the low post and defend. I trade Marvin or let him play out his player option coming off the bench.I try to resign Pargo and Ivan Johnson. I actually spend real money to get our scouting department back to normal NBA standard. I let Drew walk to get a real coach like Fratello back.My goal is to win a title not to settle for second round exits. This core is flawed beyond the repairs of a quick fix. We have two guys I see as franchise assets and three guys for different reasons apiece that need to go.I settle for trying to steal a SG that can shoot, defend but isn't ball dominant like Mayo or Harden. I let Horford show he can score 20 a game. I let Teague show he can run an offense and attack the rim. I let the center we got for Smoove establish down low so we can finally have a low post option that we've misssed since Shareef freaking Abdur Rahim was here.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone might take a gamble on Marvin's potential still, knowing that we aren't the greatest at developing talent. Maybe, maybe not, but people have taken gambles on worse players than Marv. He does show those flashes of what he can do when he is locked in.

I wonder if anyone might take a gamble on Marvin's potential still, knowing that we aren't the greatest at developing talent. Maybe, maybe not, but people have taken gambles on worse players than Marv. He does show those flashes of what he can do when he is locked in.

My initial thought was to just post a "rolling on the floor laughing" emicon at your post - but y'know - you might just be right. Heck Diaw is playing a reasonable roll on San Antonio. There may very well be teams out there who would take a flyer on Marvin (figuring he just has never been really developed)....though I doubt we would get much quality back....but that's OK...it's addition by subtraction for us. Edited by DJlaysitup

What do you say to Corey Magette?The Bobcats are going to rebuild strong. They are going to Amnesty Magette in my opinion. In fact, if they get the #1 pick.. (Highly unlikely), I suspect that what you will see is them getting Davis... and in the 2nd round, they may sneak up and get Marquis Teague.At any rate, they will want capspace and that's what Maggette is.They get a nice young coach like Brian Shaw or Pat Ewing or Larry Drew.. and they drop Maggette because he's like 11 Million on the cap and they pick up a cheapo Sf... Maybe they take Marvin in a trade?

Maggette is an old T-Mac type. Those lose you more than they win.

Can someone tell me how Teague is a PG who worth a crap?He can't run an offense.His defense overall is average.His team defense is poor.He is anti aggressive.He is a poor finisher.He can't be a focal point.He can't do too much or his goes into hiding.While he has talent, he plays like an extremely poor man's Russell Westbrook. You can only justify playing Westbrook since he is a 20 plus ppg scorer who can't be stopped by other PG's with all of the stupid stuff he does at PG. With Teague, he does none of that and you guys want to make this clown a franchise piece. You should have faith in Marvin potential with the Hawks then, it is just as hopeful. I think you guys see the talent and say some real stupid stuff when you got to have the ability to do it. Jeff is not no damn rookie. He is a 3rd year player. He is barely better to me than Roddy B with Dallas.Let me change that. Teague is a very good backup PG. He could be like our Lou Williams or Bobby Jackson but as the starter, that shit makes me sick.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I think that breaking the core of Joe,Josh, and Al would be a huge mistake.. It was very refreshing to see the missing Elements thats Al brought to game 4.. He is so athletic and can rebound and run the floor and get easy baskets.. With Derrick Rose coming off of Knee Surgery we are easily a top 3 seed in the East next season with Boston being a year older(Age Eventually catches up), and also the Knicks dealing with a multitude of injuries with Shumpert, Lin and Davis.However what this season has shown is that we definitely need an upgrade at the small forward position and I would be willing to dump Marvin for the likes of players like Dray Blatche or even Josh Childress.. Marvin has given us absolutely nothing and its time that the Marvin Williams experiment ends... Ownership could show a big commitment to this team by even using the amnesty clause on Marvin and using the cap space to get a guy like Gerald Green who has finally turned the corner and is the steal of free agency..Get Hinrich off the books and draft a young point guard to groom behind Pargo as the eventual Teague backup and I think we are right back in the mix..What this team needs most is a respected coach like a Jerry Sloan/Nate McMillian who could get guys like Smith and Horford to stop trying to be point guards and give the ball to teague and fill the Lanes.. We would be never naive to trade away our talented players jus for the sake of making change if the return value isnt very good... I STILL LIKE OUR CORE! (RICK SUND VOICE)

This core is flawed and not good enough dude. You might as well accept that. This core is NOT talented enough to go further than what they have. Edited by Hotlanta1981