• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Head Coaching candidates

coachx

I don't disagree that a coaching change is needed. But, we're fooling ourselves, yet again, if we think that's all that is needed. The core needs to be changed.

I don't think anyone is fooling themselves that roster improvements are also needed. Edited by coachx

LD sucks to me but he's not much worse than most of these guys. I am not hyped on McMillian.

• Moderators

The NBA Coach of the Year from five seasons ago is still biding his time right here in Atlanta, and the team he coached hasn't been any better than where they were when they cut him loose. If we're not paying much, why not spend it on this guy?~lw3

The NBA Coach of the Year from five seasons ago is still biding his time right here in Atlanta, and the team he coached hasn't been any better than where they were when they cut him loose. If we're not paying much, why not spend it on this guy?~lw3

Sam Mitchell has quite a temper.............as long as they know what they are getting into with him.

• Moderators

Sam Mitchell has quite a temper.............as long as they know what they are getting into with him.

I'm all for a temper on this gum-chewing team, especially from someone that's already taken a stagnant team and made enough measurable improvements to be recognized by the league. Plus, we're not exactly paying for his moving expenses. He's a Columbus native and lives here in Atlanta now, doing his regular NBA-TV stints.~lw3

I like the Van Gundy's as well, but surely a marriage with Josh would be turbulent and I'm not a fan of the Magic's three point barrage gameplan. I like Adelman's track record, but surely he's too experienced and expensive for the poor-budgeting ASG.

• Moderators

I like Adelman's track record, but surely he's too experienced and expensive for the poor-budgeting ASG.

We missed the boat on him, much to my chagrin. That would have been money well spent.

• Premium Member

We missed the boat on him, much to my chagrin. That would have been money well spent.

His agent contacted the A$G before he took the job in Houston. They would not pay him what he was worth so he went to Houston.

• Premium Member

Just get Jeff Van Gundy ASAP. The quicker this gets done, the quicker we can see which players need to go and which players need to stay. No more screwing around. This team still has potential.

• Moderators

His agent contacted the A$G before he took the job in Houston. They would not pay him what he was worth so he went to Houston.

Which is yet another reason for my offseason priority list:(1) Sell the team to a good owner.(2) Sell the team to a good owner.(3) Sell the team to a good owner.
  • Like 1

I'd take JVG in a heartbeat after watching LD be so passive in our final game. If JVG had been our coach the official would have had to drag him off the court with JVG locked onto his ankle! Probably no to SVG as he needs a year off and I'm sure Dwight has dogged him to Smoove in private so no way Smoove would listen to him.Sam Mitchell would be interesting for the fire he brings and he's a good teacher.No to Scott Skiles as they say players tune him out after 2 seasons of him yelling at them.

• Premium Member

I really don't care to be honest. It's a personnel issue. Coaching can't make Teague into a starting PG player, Joe into a #1 option, Josh into a high BBIQ player, Horf to create his own shot, Marvin to be able to find himself in a bad offense. We never run the plays right. Who gives a f**k who's the coach.

So you dont think Collins made a difference in Philly?

Brian Shaw Once seen as having the inside track to replace Phil Jackson, word is that's less certain now as Jim Buss has emerged as the team's point man in the search.

Armond Hill Doc Rivers is as respected as they come, and Hill is among his most trusted assistants.

Mike Budenholzer Gregg Popovich's basketball factory has cranked out plenty of NBA leaders.

(personel fav.) David Joerger As the Grizzlies keep winning, their smart, hard-working assistant looks better and better. Joerger has paid long dues, which is rare in combination with open-mindedness to analytics, and enough fire to lead.

So you dont think Collins made a difference in Philly?

He did at first but not a major one. They finished as a 8th seed. That was worst than us. If you rate his job he did this year to Drew, Drew was actually better and by a large margin as well. Our problem is mainly personnel.

• Premium Member

Skiles would bench your boy Smoove for all those jump shots before you could finish a gulp of that icehouse. I think he is over-rated but Skiles could be the exact type of coach Josh needs.

Well he has done a masterful job controlling Brandon Jennings' shot selection.

• Premium Member

As long as we are talking about what fantasy coaches we want put me down for JVG as well. Sadly we all know we're either getting LD back on a cheap contract or a new assistant guy on the league's cheapest head coaching contract.