• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sam Smith: Noah for SnT Hinrich and Marvin.

Joker

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120528.html

You could get two players for someone like Noah to replace Noah and get a guard. Maybe Atlanta with a sign and trade for Kirk Hinrich and Marvin Williams; Charlotte for B.J. Augustin, Gerald Henderson and B.J. Mullens, Houston with some package including Kyle Lowry and Courtney Lee; New Orleans for Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and one of their lottery picks; Denver with Wilson Chandler and Andre Miller or Arron Afflalo; Minnesota with Luke Ridnour, Derrick Williams and maybe Anthony Randolph or Wes Johnson, though they’d need something back like the Bulls’ No. 1 pick.

Am I the only one who sees this as a terrible trade for the Bulls ?

That's what I was thinking. Giving up their starting quality center for 2 overpaid role players? I guess Kirk would be taking a pay cut, but still.

If you read it in context, Smith suggests moving Noah after the acquisition of (oh, would you look at that) Pau Gasol. The majority of the entire article is about the Bulls getting Gasol. Asik can replace Noah and any drop off is made up with Pau but conceivably Deng would be the centerpiece of such a trade leaving them thin on the wings thus these deals being centered around perimeter position players.

After reading the article, I understand what's going on. This deal would depend on whether or not Kirk wants to sign and trade. This would also get us another valuable piece to keep or trade. Also, we could trade Josh without losing much defensively while gaining a more efficient offensive player. One that plays HARD every game and is still relatively young. I don't know how the loss of Deng and the addition of Pau will affect the Bulls. Losing Deng and Noah both, they lose a lot defensively. Maybe Derrick Rose will be able to get him involved with easy dump off passes. I just was shocked with how poor he played in comparison to previous years. Maybe the trade rumors got to him, but he hasn't been the same the last few years.

• Premium Member

Don't get too excited. You can't SNT a player and send another player at the same time.

If you read it in context, Smith suggests moving Noah after the acquisition of (oh, would you look at that) Pau Gasol. The majority of the entire article is about the Bulls getting Gasol. Asik can replace Noah and any drop off is made up with Pau but conceivably Deng would be the centerpiece of such a trade leaving them thin on the wings thus these deals being centered around perimeter position players.

Are you saying that Gasol has "value"??Interesting.

Don't get too excited. You can't SNT a player and send another player at the same time.Are you saying that Gasol has "value"??Interesting.

After that McGee for Nene 3 way last year I'm convinced any deal can happen if you're creative enough to go around the rules.

Wow if we could pull off Noah for Kirk/marvinFollow that up with smoove for a good guard/wing or trade smoove first for lotto pick guard/wing and we are on our way for our future

Wow if we could pull off Noah for Kirk/marvinFollow that up with smoove for a good guard/wing or trade smoove first for lotto pick guard/wing and we are on our way for our future

For serious? We would be set to reach the EC semi finals and that's it.

• Premium Member

I would be happy with that move. Noah and Horford already are familiar with each other and i'm sure would play well together. I'm not sure how that is a good move for the Bulls either unless as a followup for getting Pau.

Alex, we aren't getting anywhere with smooveIt just aint happeningTime to move on

This is a broad statement. Just because we aren't winning a title with Smoove doesn't mean we should move him for a wasted piece. I wouldn't mind Noah just because he's a great fit next to Al and they can play well off of each other. Both are mentally great and both have a drive and work ethic.

So you're telling me I could possibly have 2/5th's of the 2-time National Championship team; some would say the most important 2/5th's of that team, on the Hawks in Noah and Horford?Sign me up, I'm in...We get a legit 5, turn Horford into a 4, trade Josh to Philly for Thad Young & change to make the #'s work... I'm in.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That is a no-brainer trade for the Hawks if they are willing to take on the salary or to trade Josh for lower priced assets. It is essentially Marvin for Noah which is incredibly lopsided in our favor....which is why it won't happen (but Sund should try anyway).