• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SUMMER DRAFT SIGNUP PAGE

AHF

• Moderators

This is a signup for a mock draft similar to the one we did during the lockout last year. Posters will sign up on this thread and will get to draft a team comprised of current NBA players. The draft will likely take weeks to finish so you have to be dedicated to investing some time on this if you want to participate. We had a small number of participants who dropped out last year which is not fair to the other posters participating so do consider that seriously before signing up.

That said, it was a fun exercise and generated a lot of discussion. So if you are interested, please post below. Posters who are interested in "co-owning" a team can post if they want to participate but are concerned they won't have the time to check in during their key window. If you have questions, feel free to post them here but a more thorough explanation of the rules will be posted when actual draft starts. It will be modeled after last year's format with room for discussion of changes beforehand.

Here were the rules Nicholas set up for last year, which were largely successful.

1. This is a snake draft, so Draft order goes 1,2,3,4,...14, 14, 13, 12, 11,...3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3,..

2. You can Draft anybody that is currently in the league (or is a free agent). They must have played at least one NBA game prior to today.

3. You get the player as they are and their projected potential/output for their projected career from here on out. So if you DraftShaq, you are getting a player often injured, on the downside of his career, with only a year or so left. If you Draft Wall, you get a young player who may project to play for 10+ years at a high level.

4. Each team gets 13 players and 1 coach, no restrictions on positions...draft 13 centers if you want; only 1 coach

5. Draft as if you are starting a new franchise, so how your team will play over the next 10 years, not just year one

6. When it's your turn to draft, you just post (in bold) the player's name and you should do a writeup on why you chose that player. If you don't have time for a writeup, you can just make your selection to keep Draft moving and then post writeup later when you have time. Your writeup should explain why the player rules and how well they fit with your squad and why your team is now going to dominate the '10s. You should always pm the next person in the list after you pick.

7. We'll set a time limit that works for all players to keep Draft moving without getting too many skips. If you are skipped for not being here for your turn, you can make it up at any time when you return.

After the draft, each person will writeup why their team is the best and then we'll do a public Hawksquawk vote to determine the winner.

Some more logistics:

1. We'll start off with a 8 hour time limit for pick. So when the person before you picks, you have 8 hours from then to make your selection or you are skipped. If you are skipped, the next person's clock starts and they have 8 hours. You may make up skipped picks at any time. Just post who you want when you get back to the thread. We may decrease time limit after a few rounds to keep Draft moving smoothly, but we'll decide that as a group.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.)

2. You should PM the person after you when you make your pick so they know it's their turn. However, everyone should also follow along with the thread and know when they are up soon.

3. If your pick is coming up soon and you'll be away, just ask in thread who will take your pm and be around to post it when it's your turn. I like to pm someone picking after me, and ideally someone that I have 2 picks before they go again so I can pm them 2 choices in case my top choice gets selected.

4. Trades are allowed, but all teams must end up with 13 players and a coach. So you can't trade player a for players b, c but you could trade player a and your 8th round pick for players b, c. If a trade is too one-sided, it may be vetoed by the commish (nicholasp27), however only if most of the players feel it's unfair. Basically, we want to avoid stacking one team up with lopsided trades but trades for fit or due to different projections of talent are fine. (example: one Draft I was in someone traded Jordan and a pick for 2 marginal all-stars in an all-time dynasty draft; this caused controversy as it was way too lopsided)

Aw yeah, draft time yeah!!!!Aw yeah, draft time yeah!!!! I'm in

• Moderators

AHFCoachXMutombolievableAlejandro09PSSSHHHRRR87DieselLethalWeapon3SupporterCapstone21Nicholasp27sultanofatljy23DolfanDevonWe will hold this for a few more days to give people a chance to jump in before we get things rolling...

Edited by AHF