• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have made a number of calls to Billy Donovan and Florida about landing Bradley Beal

GameTime

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104507/florida-gators-bradley-beal-oklahoma-city-thunder-talked-moving-up

San Antonio, which doesn't pick until No. 59 in the second round, as well as Atlanta, which does have a first-round pick at No. 23, also made a number of calls to Donovan and Florida in the hope that each team could move up to land Beal.

Could this mean the end of Joe Johnson in Atlanta?

Beal is cool but I don't want him because you would have to move up to #2. Sad to see this is even a option. We do not have Lebron or Wade. Just because they could win it without a C does not mean that is the case for everyone. Nash and his two overrated MVP's has tried it several times. Trading Josh or Al to move up to 2 would be silly.

Two years in a row we have rumors about the second pick the day before the draft....If Ferry can pull this off, I will be jumping for joy

• Like 2

Beal is cool but I don't want him because you would have to move up to #2. Sad to see this is even a option. We do not have Lebron or Wade. Just because they could win it without a C does not mean that is the case for everyone. Nash and his two overrated MVP's has tried it several times. Trading Josh or Al to move up to 2 would be silly.

Not if Beal turns out to be a legit 1st option which i personally think hell be.

Beal was a letdown for Florida until the season was over. I watch games and basketball in general several people where questioning what anyone ever saw in him. If they are thinking that in college what do you guys expect to happen in the league. What leadership qualities did he really show. No way I trade Josh or Al for anyone in this draft. Not even Anthony Davis because I have seen a few guys go right through his chance at the college level.

• Like 1

Maybe we send them teague for the #2, if we somehow land Gasol. Then we go out in free agency to sign D.J. Augustin for about 2 million, and go from there. Posted Image

Nah, I don't think we have enough assets to land the #2, so pass.

I'm hearing the Bobcats take T-Rob at #2 and the Wizards want Beal at #3......then Harrison or MKG to Cavs at #4.Maybe the Wiz trade #3 / filllers for Smith ?I'd be both shocked and thrilled at the same time.

• Premium Member

Is this what usually happens, calling coaches to inform that there are intentions to move up in the draft? I get working the player out and telling them like it is, but I'm sure it would get annoying to repeatedly hear from a team that is trying to trade up for you when you know it isn't going to happen.I'm sure LeBron and Dwight got phone calls from every team in the league about their attempts to try and move up to pick them.

I mentioned this on the beal thread in the trade forum, but what would we be hoping for with this guy? I see that a lot of teams are interested in him, including the Thunder.I keep hearing about how great a shooter he is, but he didn't shoot that well in his 1 year of college. I'm not saying he won't pan out for whoever gets him, but is this just an upside thing or what with him?*edit: oh and he's undersized too

Edited by ag82

I mentioned this on the beal thread in the trade forum, but what would we be hoping for with this guy? I see that a lot of teams are interested in him, including the Thunder. I keep hearing about how great a shooter he is, but he didn't shoot that well in his 1 year of college. I'm not saying he won't pan out for whoever gets him, but is this just an upside thing or what with him?

Well I think teams see he's a player with no major holes in his game. From the scouting reports I've read, he's got a good and consistent form and should improve his percentages. Especially with the improved spacing of the NBA and better players around him.