• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Interested in Trading for Drummond?

AHF

• Moderators

http://insider.espn....raft-version-10

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS Posted ImagePosted Image

Sacramento Posted Image

Andre Drummond Position: C

Height: 7-foot-0

Weight: 279 pounds

School: UConn

Analysis: The Kings aren't in love with anyone here if this scenario plays out this way. Sources say that the Kings are still confident they'll make a deal with the Rockets (who covet Drummond). If they don't, sources say GM Geoff Petrie is now leaning toward taking Drummond over Barnes. He feels it's a more tradable chip down the road and the team needs a shot-blocker (the one thing Drummond does well now) next to DeMarcus Cousins.

Trade Scenarios: By now the whole world knows the Rockets are aggressively trying to move up and get this pick. Houston's latest offer (Kyle Lowry and the No. 16 pick) was rejected. But you can expect the Rockets to keep plugging away until they get something done. The Rockets aren't the only team trying to get here. The Lakers and Hawks have also tried to convince Sacramento to part with its pick.

Kings' Big Board:

1. Thomas Robinson

2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

3. Andre Drummond

4. Harrison Barnes

5. John Henson

Edited by AHF

I've never heard of a professional basketball player who was a 26% FT shooter. Talk about limited offensive upside. Maybe he is a McGee / Jordan type of atheltic freak center but I don't think Drummond is as long or as athletic as either of them are.His upside is scary good and he is the 2nd youngest player in this draft. He could take a huge steps over the next couple of years..............I just can't get over the 26% FT%. His worst case scenerio is better then a Kwame Brown b/c Drummond has better defense and shot blocking tools to fall back on if his offense never develops.Drummond just lost 25 lbs before the combine (which shows work ethic)...........you have to hope he keeps the weight off after he gets his multi million dollar signing bonus.I respect the risk to swing for the fences but you have to be patient with Drummond and temper expectation for years 1 & 2.............and well know how the squawk is about patience.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I've never heard of a professional basketball player who was a 26% FT shooter. Talk about limited offensive upside. Maybe he is a McGee / Jordan type of atheltic freak center but I don't think Drummond is as long or as athletic as either of them are.

His upside is scary............but he is the 2nd youngest player in this draft...............I just can't get over the 26% FT%.

Drummond just lost 25 lbs before the combine (which shows work ethic)...........you have to hope he keeps the weight off after he gets his multi million dollar signing bonus.

I respect the risk to swing for the fences but you have to be patient with Drummond and temper expectation for years 1 & 2.............and well know how the squawk is about patience.

I would think that would point to a lack of work effort for having to lose 25 lbs in the first place.

Man... I'd be praising Ferry is we could someway move Joe & Josh... Moving Joe to Charlotte would be awesome; I just don't see it happening, but if it could...I'd love to somehow be the biggest player in this draft; make ATL relevant again!

• Like 2

I would think that would point to a lack of work effort for having to lose 25 lbs in the first place.

True.......as would being a 26% FT shooter shows poor work ethic................but at least he showed he can commit himslef for a short amount of time and lose 25 lbs...........alot of people try to lose 25 lbs for years and never succeed.

Let's just hope that this isn't like last year when we thought we might be getting Al Jefferson or Enes Kanter and ending up doing squat.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get Enes Kanter now...............I never hear Jefferson was part of the package though.
  • Like 1

Let's just hope that this isn't like last year when we thought we might be getting Al Jefferson or Enes Kanter and ending up doing squat.

Yeah last year sucked, but Enes Kanter really didn't have an impact season, and I think it worked out for the best.

• Moderators

Dear God, please make Smoove a bird and have him fly far, far away (to Sacramento) and bring us Andre Drummond as our replacement!

I don't think Sactown wants a one-year rental of Smith, they would probably want Horford to pair up with Cousins long-term.

I'm a UConn fan and would love to have Drummond on this team, but like Calhoun said, to anyone that gets Drummond they need to be patient. I think he's three to four years away to really 'getting it'. His offensive post moves are not impressive at all but even with that flaw he was still fun to watch because of his athleticism and great defensive awareness. He's similar to DeAndre Jordan when he came in, perhaps even more raw. Or maybe even Bynum... But I know he will take at least a few more years to be 'ready'... With that said, I would love to trade up for him almost as much as I wanted us to trade up for Thabeet though.

Why does this board get do worked up about nothing? Draft time is the perfect time to spout unsubstantiated claims about teams.

But at the same time, one have to get worked up, we have a new boss at the helm that is willing to put the Hawks as a elite teams in the league and the ownership is finally step back and let him do his thing. Even if its empty claims, this is the first time we can be happy about the future around here.Or, you like doom and gloom

Smoove to LakersPaul to SacDrummond to AtlantaI have no idea if this trade works in relation to salaries, etc... not an expert. Just saying that if LA is interested in moving Paul and they want Smoove, this might be the way to do it.