• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Atlanta Hawks JOHN JENKINS

NJHAWK

This guy shot 72/149 3s as a freshman...he averaged 6 3s a game at 43%...this is an elite shooter, not just a 'good shooter'Jj redick shot less 3s per game and at a lower %Ray Allen took less 3s per game and was only 1% higher average in his 3 years of collegeReggie miller shot less 3s per game at the same % in college

• Like 2

I'm gonna shoot so many threes with this guy in 2k13 NBA Live '13.

Fixed that for you. 2K sports has lost their luster in sports gaming. Basketball will tank just like the rest of the franchise. Especially after a disappointing showing in 2K12.

I take it back I like the Jenkins Pick. best shooter in the draft and measurables compare to bradley Beal but more proven. And the small forward crop is deep and we still might have a chance to at least snatch Kris Joseph if Q. Miller or Barton arent available at 43.. Could turn out to be a good draft but then again these are the hawks and we probably are going to draft someone we all havent heard of..

Horrible pick Moultrie, PJIII, and Wroten are all significantly greater. There are atleast 5 all-star appearances between those 3 players and none of those players is one dimensional. Ferry proves day 1 that the grass is not greener on the other side. I think I am done with sports for a while, just not worth caring. Ferry is just another fool with a job no different than the stupid person that can't even handle getting the order correct at the drive through

Fixed that for you. 2K sports has lost their luster in sports gaming. Basketball will tank just like the rest of the franchise. Especially after a disappointing showing in 2K12.

Please Live is the true loser they got there crown took that is the definition of a loser and people still ride there jocks. No real b ball fan can stand the sight of Live

• Moderators

http://dimemag.com/2...t-john-jenkins/

Dime:What’s the nicest hotel you stayed in?

JJ: Definitely the one in Atlanta. The Omni hotel. It was attached to the CNN Center and they had a food court inside the hotel, and you didn’t have to go outside to get to the Hawks’ arena. You just cut through the CNN Center to get there cause the arena was attached to the hotel.

~lw3

Acie Law the second...6-4 shooter...not a slasher at NBA level...won't be able to create his own shot under pressure...no experience at the PG position.Actually he is more like Mike Glenn.Could be handy depending on the other guys he's playing with - defense will be an issue as a slim 6-4 guy against bigger SGs.I'm betting NBADL - a cup of coffee in the NBA - then off to Europe where the guys aren't so strong.

Having seen Jenkins play 20xs this past year, this kid will be a good pro. He isn't the flashy player everyone loves but he will be around in his league for awhile. Shooters like him don't just fall off of trees and the NBA needs shooters bad. All those wide open shots our guys missed this year? Jenkins is going to knock them down. I think he is already one of the best shooters in this league and he hasn't stepped foot on a court yet. Super quick shot release as well.

No offense 99P...but there were reasons that our guys who missed all those shots GOT to shoot those shots. Because the opposition realized that letting them shoot was in their best interest Posted Image .

Now you take a guy like Jenkins - who can shoot - well if he proves himself as a sniper at NBA 3-point lengths - they might just put a 6-6 guy in his face and he won't get to shoot...much.

• Moderators
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120622/SPORTS0602/306220086/Vanderbilt-s-John-Jenkins-eyes-Thursday-s-NBA-draft

“It’s probably a toss-up between him and (Kentucky’s) Doron Lamb as to who’s the best shooter in this draft, and I’d take Jenkins,” said ESPN commentator Jimmy Dykes, who called several of Vanderbilt’s televised games last season. “You can’t let him get open. That’s the bottom line. … You could put him in that Heat-Thunder game and if you let him get open, it’s going to go in. That is the kind of confidence he has.”Former Vanderbilt center and four-time NBA champion Will Perdue said the change to allow versions of zone defense have made it easier for a player like Jenkins to stay on the floor in today’s game.“His liability is still defense, but his team defense can still be good,” said Perdue, who has been covering the NBA Finals for ESPN radio. “That doesn’t mean his individual defense won’t get better. But it’s not as much of a concern as it would have been if he was coming out two or three years ago when it was a man-to-man league.”One Eastern Conference front office executive holding a pick in the latter half of the first round said that he doesn’t foresee Jenkins sliding to the second round.“Would it surprise me? Yeah, it would,” he said. “He’s just too good a shooter. If your team needs shooting, he has to be attractive to you.“And his feet were quicker here (during an individual workout) than I anticipated him being. I’m not worried about his ability to play defense at all.”

~lw3

I see the pick as a reach... It hurt me to watch the Celtics take Sullinger AND Fab Melo right in front of us, but for us to also have a shot at Perry Jones III ( the #10 overall prospect in the draft, gimpy knee and all...) and pass it over is disappointing. Jenkins at #23 is not something I'd thought of recently... I hope I'm wrong but man...On a side note...The Thunder just got that much better tonight, I mean wow... Ibaka, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, PJ3... Athletes EVERYWHERE.

jenkins is exactly what this team has been missing - a guy to hang out around the perimeter waiting for someone to pass it to him so he can jack up a shot. we don't have any of those (joe, josh, marv, even horf and teague not withstanding). granted, if he gets it, he will make it, but damn man. he doesn't create for others or himself, not a good man defender. why is this team doomed to live and die by the j? eventually it always kills them. diversify! i'm sure crawford is cussing this pick, cause they won't be calling him now.

• Premium Member

The more I thought about it last night the more I don't like the pick. This was a guy that easily could have slid into the early second round and there were better players still on the board when we took him. And for all the guys screaming on here about how we needed a shooter I'm going to have ask what the heck are you talking about. The two biggest needs on this team are true centers and true point guards and we didn't draft either one of those. We took a slow one dimensional kinda short for a two guard guy and followed that up with a 23 year old fifth year senior coming off ankle surgery at a position we have absolutely no need for.Unless Ferry has some deals worked out to trade Josh and Joe I just don't see where either of these guys help us or are frankly any better than some of the vet. min. guys we've found before in free agency.