• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF Joe is traded, it won't be for Wallace or Lopez!

Diesel

I don't care if we trade him for Kerry Kittles. Just getting him off the team is good enough for me.

• Like 2

I think we all know were not going to get anything great for him. And were all fine with that. As long as hes gone and we can change this team will all have to be happy about it.

• Premium Member

I think we all know were not going to get anything great for him. And were all fine with that. As long as hes gone and we can change this team will all have to be happy about it.

Sadly enough... I don't think Joe being gone means that you can make meaningful moves unless it's just drafting lottery picks.

We have proved that having money doesn't equate to getting the FAs you want.

We can have 50 Million under the cap and I bet we couldn't do anything to draw D-12 or CP3 or any top FAs.

• Like 1

I dont think the Nets are the only team in the league that would take Joe. If Kobes wishes still carry any weight in LA perhaps we can trade Joe for Gasol. Im not sure if that is a forward or backward move but its a hell of alot more relevant then the crap on the Nets roster unless a s & t for Lopez can be worked out.

• Premium Member

We need more from Joe than just expiring contracts. He's worth at least a resigned Lopez plus expiring deals or some first round picks at least.

Naw... the fans of Atlanta want Joe gone for Kerry Kittles. It's going to be funny when they are watching Joe like we watched Steve Smith...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Dwight for Horford. Championship or Blow it up!TeagueJenkinsJoeSmooveHowardRINGS!!!

As far as the original post I asked this ? a few times in the Joe/NJ thread and nobody seems to know for sure if thats still the rule. If I remember correctly they can be traded 60 days after they sign so its still possible to do a deal in September for players recently signed or traded from other teams.

Naw... the fans of Atlanta want Joe gone for Kerry Kittles. It's going to be funny when they are watching Joe like we watched Steve Smith...

Posted Image

Only Steve Smith became a role player almost right away. I liked Steve, but that core was done. I'm glad his career was extended because he became a role player. But time was up on that team.

That said, we could have kept Steve longer. If Joe was cheaper, I would be against trading him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Everyone here is forgetting the fact(s) that:A. JOE JOHNSON IS THIRTY-ONE YEARS OLDB. JOE JOHNSON IS IN RAPID DECLINEC. JOE JOHNSON HAS ESCALATORS IN HIS CONTRACTD. JOE JOHNSON IS NOT A MAX-CONTRACT PLAYER, WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE A MAX-CONTRACT.- We aren't getting value for Joe, but Joe isn't valuable AT ALL past this season, as a matter of fact, only an owner like Prokorhov can afford the tax-hit by having a potential mega-team (D-Will, JJ, D12) because the new CBA is tiered; dollar-for-dollar and going up in %'s with every dollar over the luxury tax.LET HIM GO AND START FRESH BUILDING AROUND HORFORD!!!

Hey Sothron, if that Nick Young Jr. scrub is what stops this trade, I will be the biggest Marshon Brooks fan of all time.