• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard trade soon

IheartVolt

I always believe in "consider the source" in an article and is the article rehashed as indicators of fabrication or not. If you can't name a source and if the article is rife with restatements...it isn't true. Consider this article in the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday for comparison.http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-04-27/sports/os-dwight-howard-trade-andrew-bynum-espn_1_dwight-howard-lakers-orlando-magicThe article has names, faces and new thoughts. I'd believe this article first.At the end of the article, the writer points out that Bynum has reoccurring injuries and is a risk. If he's mentioning it in the article, he's probably heard it from an Orlando official which is why he's stating it (much like JayWalker would do in the past).

The way I see it, Orlando gains more from a trade with the Hawks than with the Lakers. While Bynum is a better Center than Horford, he is also a higher health risk. He is also a greater risk to be lost via free agency. I believe the package of Horford and Pachulia are better, in the long run, than Bynum (from a health and signability standpoint). Keep in mind that the loss of DH12 is a major black eye to the Magic and to Orlando at large. Trading DH12 for the "native son" (Horford) would mitigate the pain. From DH's point of view, the Lakers look more attractive today. However, if he listens to sound advice, he may come to realize that Kobe (now 35 years old) does not plan to play for many more years. Nash is 39 years old and will certainly not be around for long. In three years, the Lakers may be down to a bunch of unknowns and a whining DH12. CP3 is a FA next year but will likely not be signable for the Lakers.

Edited by ggp

Honestly if I was LA I would see if the Nets would take Bynum for Lopez, Brooks, Humphries, and those draft picks. Honestly I don't think that Howard is that much better than Bynum. Bynum is the superior offensive player without a doubt.

i am not expecting the hawks to land d12, but i'm encouraged by reports that we have been in discussions with orlando for him. what i hope this does is drive up the price for any other team that would acquire him so much so that it really screws them in the end when his back goes out again.

• Like 1

This idea that Dwight isn't much better than Bynum is about as ridiculous as the idea that Devin Harris will be just as good as Chris Paul.Dwight is one of the top 3 players in the NBA, period. End of discussion.

The way I see it, Orlando gains more from a trade with the Hawks than with the Lakers. While Bynum is a better Center than Horford, he is also a higher health risk. He is also a greater risk to be lost via free agency. I believe the package of Horford and Pachulia are better, in the long run, than Bynum (from a health and signability standpoint). Keep in mind that the loss of DH12 is a major black eye to the Magic and to Orlando at large. Trading DH12 for the "native son" (Horford) would mitigate the pain. From DH's point of view, the Lakers look more attractive today. However, if he listens to sound advice, he may come to realize that Kobe (now 35 years old) does not plan to play for many more years. Nash is 39 years old and will certainly not be around for long. In three years, the Lakers may be down to a bunch of unknowns and a whining DH12. CP3 is a FA next year but will likely not be signable for the Lakers.

I think Horford is better than Bynum. Bynum is a better center but Horford isn't a center to me anyway. I would take Marc Gasol and Cousins over Bynum. Bynum is a bigger Al Jefferson with less range and a worse attitude.

The lesson here is to not believe everything you read in print. 90% of what they put out there is BS. I stand by my assertion that Dwight will be willing to commit to Atlanta long term. My reasoning for that is the fact that Dwight has wanted to play here before. That desire may have been dampened by the mismanagement of this team in recent years, but today is a new day. A once disgruntled Josh Smith is now excited about what is ahead for the Hawks, and Dwight's closest friend is Josh Smith. If you do not think that what Danny Ferry has done in a short time has changed Dwight's outlook on the Hawks or that Dwight isn't interested in playing alongside Josh Smith, then I think you are simply looking for something to be negative about.This is going to happen. Dwight will come home, and the hometown duo of Dwight and Josh will lead the Hawks to their first championship.

• Like 1

The lesson here is to not believe everything you read in print. 90% of what they put out there is BS. I stand by my assertion that Dwight will be willing to commit to Atlanta long term. My reasoning for that is the fact that Dwight has wanted to play here before. That desire may have been dampened by the mismanagement of this team in recent years, but today is a new day. A once disgruntled Josh Smith is now excited about what is ahead for the Hawks, and Dwight's closest friend is Josh Smith. If you do not think that what Danny Ferry has done in a short time has changed Dwight's outlook on the Hawks or that Dwight isn't interested in playing alongside Josh Smith, then I think you are simply looking for something to be negative about. This is going to happen. Dwight will come home, and the hometown duo of Dwight and Josh will lead the Hawks to their first championship.

Of course, I hope that you are right. I have not followed the NBA closely for nearly a decade. I suppose that I tired of seeing the same teams dominate over a bunch of trashy teams. But, as I peak into the NBA from time to time, I am seeing a trend to a more even playing field. So, I am back. I know that Josh and Dwight played together in the AAU, and that most people assume that JS and DH are close friends. Is this definitely true? Because if it is, Atlanta must be considered the favorite destination for DH. Secondly, how will the departure of JJ affect JS? Could JS actually feel less compelled to jack up jumpers? Will JS concentrate in his post up game? Finally, what is DH's health status? Will his back be a problem that will affect him throughout his career?

Sounds like the Nets are close to getting Howard, according to Ken Berger who says that the Nets are close to find a 3rd team to take Humphries, which would send Dwight to the Nets.

Posted Image

ajchawks MT @KBergCBS: Nets "making progress" on finding 3rd team to take Humphries in scenario that would send Dwight to Nets, source says.

I am trying think of a team that needs a PF. Phoenix, Denver, Spurs, Charlotte, 76ers. Hopefully this gets done by the 11th so Ferry can get on with trading Josh Smith.

Edited by MrMeltdown