• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams, the biggest FA signing for the Hawks since...?

MVP23

Wasn't Flip signed with the BAE?

Another misconception. Sund already used part of the MLE to get Mo, so he had a lot of that left (I think it was roughly $5.5m and Mo got a $2.5m starting value). Murray was signed late, so it wasn't like Sund had other big free agents he could entice with the remaining ~$3m. It was a better scenario to use up the rest of the MLE than use the BAE and lose that next season when the A$G would become BIG SPENDERS BABY!

Another misconception. Sund already used part of the MLE to get Mo, so he had a lot of that left (I think it was roughly $5.5m and Mo got a $2.5m starting value). Murray was signed late, so it wasn't like Sund had other big free agents he could entice with the remaining ~$3m. It was a better scenario to use up the rest of the MLE than use the BAE and lose that next season when the A$G would become BIG SPENDERS BABY!

Hmm, interesting considering it was a one year deal. How did we get Zaza? Cap space?

I think Flip might have had a player or team option (I doubt it though), but the previous CBA did not put a minimum on years for the MLE. Z was cap. Couldn't S&T Chill with an MLE so had to be Bird Rights. Now the fonz...he was certainly the first and you never forget your first.The MLE came in the 1999 CBA which applied to the 1998-1999 season that didn't play a single game in 1998. Back then, contracts were not reported in a CBA-nerd friendly manner. Stuart Scott would just announce the numbers, yell boo-yah and then move on to a different story but same catch phrase. The first MLE had to start around $1.75m then $2m, $2.25m, and $4.5something and beyond ( http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-salary-exceptions.shtml). So that might help people with what I am pretty sure is the answer, I would have to dig up a 1999 CBA to be extra-sure.

So what I believe to be the correct answer is...Chris Crawford! Working with 2nd round draft picks and the structure of their contracts/earlybird rights were a little differently back then but I believe Babs got giddy after Crawfords playoff performance and broke the bank for him with a deal starting at $2 million.