• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

• Premium Member

I think the thought of playing with Josh would not be one he would be particularly partial to, unless Josh was the 4th option.

Why not? He'd be able to lob alley oops to Josh like he does to Blake and he lob alley oops to Dwight as well. If we keep just one of the shooters we now have he also has guys to flip the ball to for easy assists because Dwight's going to command a double team virtually every trip down the court.

I wonder if Howard realizes that in 3 years he'll be back in Orlando (in LA)Kobe will be gone or dead (on the court) Gasol will be gone or Softer Nash will be gone or dead (on the court)the bench is crap so that just leaves him on a team full of scrubsif he comes here as FA josh and AL are what 25 26 plus maybe CP3 and with Ferry at GM and the amount ofplayer that will want to come play for us Ala Heat, Celtics we could possible battle the heat for the next few years

I didn't say it was guaranteed to happen I specifically in MY mind there's no doubt we could sign him. CP3 said in the past he'd like to play for the Hawks. A potential Big 3 of CP3, Dwight and Josh is enough to bring him here.

Well maybe you should just be a Heat or Lakers fan then.... How did Dallas win the Title 2 years ago...Ok Dirk is an Allstar....who is the other one...50 year old Jason Kid?....35 year old Jason Terry...Come on man - you have to not only watch sports -you have to understand the sport. The easy road and dream for the Hawks is to bring in CP3 or Howard...but what Ferry is going to do is building a team right. Josh Smith is an Allstar if he continues to play like he has been, Al horford is pretty good Big Man who made the Allstar team. What the Hawks have been lacking for years is a Floor General and Leader - something we havent had in decades...

WTF is going on! Im so sick of these rumors. If Bynum dont extend with cleveland is the 3 way trade still there? Well who cares Bynum wasnt going to extend with the cavs anyways. So this makes a CP3 and Bynum or Howard pick up for the hawks even more possible! LOL man this ish is crazy! All the reports saying Bynum would extend with cleveland has been lies and the dallas rumors are appaerently false as well! Somebody end this please! http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222495/Agent_Bynum_Doesnt_Have_List_Of_Preferred_Teams

• Premium Member

This deal is a smoke screen. Bynums agent hasnt been talking to anyone. Im sure there is talk out there, but just like all the other stuff put out there by these so-called experts and espn, they have failed miserably.

This deal is a smoke screen. Bynums agent hasnt been talking to anyone. Im sure there is talk out there, but just like all the other stuff put out there by these so-called experts and espn, they have failed miserably.

The longer this saga last the better I feel about the Hawks getting Dwight. The other teams simply don't have the pieces. If we can get a confirmation that Dwight will re-sign with us, we give up Horford easily.

• Premium Member

Well maybe you should just be a Heat or Lakers fan then.... How did Dallas win the Title 2 years ago...Ok Dirk is an Allstar....who is the other one...50 year old Jason Kid?....35 year old Jason Terry...Come on man - you have to not only watch sports -you have to understand the sport. The easy road and dream for the Hawks is to bring in CP3 or Howard...but what Ferry is going to do is building a team right. Josh Smith is an Allstar if he continues to play like he has been, Al horford is pretty good Big Man who made the Allstar team. What the Hawks have been lacking for years is a Floor General and Leader - something we havent had in decades...

I played point guard in college. I can safely say I "understand the sport". You bring up Dirk? Seriously? He's a superstar. He had a team built around him to enable him and they were good enough in other areas to make up for not having a second superstar. But Dirk is a superstar and he played like it throughout the playoffs. So your Dallas example only further proves my point. I also don't appreciate your telling me to root for another team. I was rooting for this team probably before you were even born so please don't insult either my intelligence or integrity to suggest I stop rooting for the Hawks because we don't have a superstar. All I want is for this team to finally wise the hell up and go get the superstars to win a title instead of being complacent like you are with teams that are good but not great.

Why not? He'd be able to lob alley oops to Josh like he does to Blake and he lob alley oops to Dwight as well. If we keep just one of the shooters we now have he also has guys to flip the ball to for easy assists because Dwight's going to command a double team virtually every trip down the court.

Most star PGs resent PFs that insist on bringing the ball up court, and who yell at them publicly for taking too many shots.

I played point guard in college. I can safely say I "understand the sport". You bring up Dirk? Seriously? He's a superstar. He had a team built around him to enable him and they were good enough in other areas to make up for not having a second superstar. But Dirk is a superstar and he played like it throughout the playoffs. So your Dallas example only further proves my point. I also don't appreciate your telling me to root for another team. I was rooting for this team probably before you were even born so please don't insult either my intelligence or integrity to suggest I stop rooting for the Hawks because we don't have a superstar. All I want is for this team to finally wise the hell up and go get the superstars to win a title instead of being complacent like you are with teams that are good but not great.

Well, I've been a Hawks fan since before you were born. "Superstars" don't guarantee you anything except an excessive payroll.

• Premium Member

Orlando won't keep D-12 going into the season unless they get a deal with Brooklyn.I heard that D-12 gains 20-25 Million by not signing an extension.In Brooklyn, he probably gets 8 times that in Endorsements.Somebody tell me how he gets more for not extending?We are in the same place as Brooklyn unless we trade Horf/Teague/Zaza.

• Premium Member

Well, I've been a Hawks fan since before you were born. "Superstars" don't guarantee you anything except an excessive payroll.

You've been a Hawks fan longer than thirty six years? Superstars are the only way you win titles. If you have watched the game as long as you say you have you should know that by now.

Too funny Sothron, I remember you from the Espn board way back when...but you miss the point. We can build a team with just as much talent than the Dallas team that won 2 years ago. Sure Dirk is a superstar player, but the Hawks have the flexibility to build a team just as good as that one. We do need a floor leader, as a former PG, you should know that. Let's see what Teague can do this year and if he can develop to that floor leader the Hawks need to win. If not then Ferry has to be creative but your dream of acquiring superstars is just fantasy.

• Premium Member

Too funny Sothron, I remember you from the Espn board way back when...but you miss the point. We can build a team with just as much talent than the Dallas team that won 2 years ago. Sure Dirk is a superstar player, but the Hawks have the flexibility to build a team just as good as that one. We do need a floor leader, as a former PG, you should know that. Let's see what Teague can do this year and if he can develop to that floor leader the Hawks need to win. If not then Ferry has to be creative but your dream of acquiring superstars is just fantasy.

I've been wanting a franchise point guard since Mookie left. That is why myself and others here were literally begging Knight to draft Deron or Paul instead of Superbust. I agree with you completely that we need a real point guard. My dream of superstars is not a fantasy. You don't see me suggesting we trade Jenkins for Wade or Mike Scott for Howard for goodness sake. We have a shot at making a trade for one guy, Howard, that I believe would be instrumental due to our cap room at the end of the season to lure CP3 here. That gives us the best center and possibly the best point guard in the NBA. How is that a bad thing?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well I believe this whole thing is centered around D12. The Hawks have made all of the guard moves a team coould make, There have been no moves in regard to the frontcourt. I do believe that DFerry has a plan B if the D12 thing dont work out, just cant figure what it would be.Take notice that the Hawks have made no moves in regard to a wing, I believe that is in this deal and will involve J. Richardson and Chris Duhom coming back in a backup PG role.All of that being said and not related to D12, we are going to miss Marvin.

Edited by Vol4ever

• Premium Member

No, my all or nothing mentality is the same one I've had for years. I'm in mid mid thirties. I've watched the NBA since I was a toddler. And the one thing that has rung true time and time again is that in the NBA you only win with superstars. Period. This isn't the other sports where just being good is enough to possibly win a title. The NBA demands you have to be great to win a ring. I never said signing three superstars was realistic. What I've said since all this Dwightmare started was that we have to push all in to get Dwight after we traded Joe. You get Dwight and pair him up with Josh and let him come to want to stay here. If he does then there's no doubt in my mind CP3 would come here. Suddenly we have two legit superstars and one All star level player in Josh. If we can't do that then you blew it up completely. That means trading Josh and Horford because they are just good enough to keep us floating around the playoffs or just under it and killing our chances of getting a high lottery pick. You think we should be good first and then the superstars will come? It will NEVER HAPPEN. This team we just blew up was good. Not ONE guy wanted to come here. Not ONE. You have to have a superstar to get a superstar. Miami already had Wade before it got Lebron and Bosh.

Very good post and dead-on!

• Premium Member

Was Mookie the last pure PG we had? Heck, Im not sure he was a pure point either, he did know when to get the ball in the right person's hands though. We've had......... Pete Maravich Tom Henderson Eddie Johnson Armond Hill Charlie Criss Spud Webb John Battle Mookie Blaylock Wes Matthews Glenn "Doc" Rivers Jeff Teague Im sure there is a few more I left out Rumeal Robinson Jason Terry

• Premium Member

Was Mookie the last pure PG we had? Heck, Im not sure he was a pure point either, he did know when to get the ball in the right person's hands though. We've had......... Pete Maravich Tom Henderson Eddie Johnson Armond Hill Charlie Criss Spud Webb John Battle Mookie Blaylock Wes Matthews Glenn "Doc" Rivers Jeff Teague Im sure there is a few more I left out Rumeal Robinson Jason Terry

Mookie was the last pure point guard we had until Harris. Teague is really more of a combo guy but he's way too short to play two in the NBA.

This conflicting media is pissing me off. From here on out, if the deal isn't completed and official I'm not bothering.

The agent for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard refuted reports that his client has decided he will sign an extension with the Los Angeles Lakers -- if traded to them. "Dwight's position has remained unchanged since the end of this past season," said Dan Fegan of LaGardere Unlimited. "He fully intends to explore free agency at the end of next season, regardless of what team trades for him, including Brooklyn." ESPN.com

Edited by SmooveZilla