• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8182883

Per his agent, Howard will not sign an extension and will test free agency, no matter where he's traded. It appears he won't make any promises and will keep his options open.

ugh it looks like he wants to go the lebron james route and have his ass kissed by every team in the league before he signs with 1. CP3 and andrew bynum both said they were going this route. This makes me feel alittle bit better. We better start working on our sales pitch. Hope we get 2 or atleast 1 of them. If we dont........

Posted ImagePosted Image

Im going to guess quotes from his agent should be more accurate than the guesses, rumours and outright lies that the media have put out there. I lol at some of these trade rumours that dont make one dam bit of sense. The ones that come from the same people who tell me Lebron James is the best player on the planet every time I turn on a basketball game regardless of who is playing.

Anytime you have a guy playing in LA who could be playing in FLA saying he wont resign in either place but would resign in Clev you have to think theres a good chance that info is Bull shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........t

• Like 3

Anytime you have a guy playing in LA who could be playing in FLA saying he wont resign in either place but would resign in Clev you have to think theres a good chance that info is Bull shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........t

LOL i fell out my chair laughing but its true...it is true! lol

• Premium Member

The Lakers will still trade for him as they know they would have his bird rights and won't be taking on any other liabilities (bad contracts). For a team like Cleveland or Houston, you could potentially stuck with bad contracts from Orlando and a guy who leaves you at the end of the season. As we all can see, the only team this deal really benefits is the LAKERS. If Orlando and Cleveland had any sense, they would kill this deal right now.

• Admin

Was Mookie the last pure PG we had? Heck, Im not sure he was a pure point either, he did know when to get the ball in the right person's hands though. We've had......... Pete Maravich Tom Henderson Eddie Johnson Armond Hill Charlie Criss Spud Webb John Battle Mookie Blaylock Wes Matthews Glenn "Doc" Rivers Jeff Teague Im sure there is a few more I left out Rumeal Robinson Jason Terry

not to nitpick but John battle was a shooting guard. He could barely dribble let alone play pg.

I read that Bynum can't sign with any team because he will lose money. He will make more money if he plays the year out and then sign. The same as what CP3 is doing. If that's true, you can forget about a trade that has Bynum in it. lol

Yep, so this Laker's deal is not going to happen. The best bet is that he gets traded to Houston and then signs with Atlanta in a year.

You've been a Hawks fan longer than thirty six years? Superstars are the only way you win titles. If you have watched the game as long as you say you have you should know that by now.

Last time I checked, 1969 was more than 36 years ago. I went to my first Hawks game when they still played in Alexander Memorial Coliseum, before the Omni was built. Maravich, Hudson, Bellamy, Gilliam...

1970s Portland, 1970s Golden State, 1970s Boston (pre Bird/McHale), 1980s/90s Detroit. All of those teams won championships without a superstar. Other teams went to the finals but lost, without a superstar, mid 1970s Phoenix for example. Is it your opinion that a team with 2 or 3 "superstars" could beat a team with 5 "stars"?

• Premium Member

1970s Portland, 1970s Golden State, 1970s Boston (pre Bird/McHale), 1980s/90s Detroit. All of those teams won championships without a superstar. Other teams went to the finals but lost, without a superstar, mid 1970s Phoenix for example. Is it your opinion that a team with 2 or 3 "superstars" could beat a team with 5 "stars"?

Bill Walton = superstar Rick Barry = superstar Hondo = superstar Isiah Thomas = superstar Next? The only two teams in the history of the NBA to ever win a title without a superstar are the late 70's Sonics that Lenny coached and Dennis Johnson was on and the 2003/4 or whatever year it was the Pistons was. That's it. And yes it is absolutely my opinion that a team with 2 or 3 superstars is going to be a team of give average to good starters. Edited by Sothron