• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How does Lou Williams compare to OJ Mayo?

Wurider05

I have seen more of Lou Williams than OJ Mayo. I know that a few of you wanted Mayo but how similiar or disimiliar are the players. Who is the better of the 2?

Joker and nbasuperstar were your "few of you" and they are same person and banned Oj was a 6th man also but didn't get runner up for award last year

• Moderators
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/louis_williams/career_stats.html http://www.nba.com/playerfile/oj_mayo/career_stats.html I see Lou as the better shooter, but OJ is bigger (6'4", 210 compared to 6'1", 175) and plays WAY better defense. OJ can be inconsistent and disappears at times though... OJ is also isn't as prone to injury and is a starter in the NBA, where as Lou is better coming off of the bench.

• Moderators

Joker and nbasuperstar were your "few of you" and they are same person and banned

Oj was a 6th man also but didn't get runner up for award last year

Why did sups/Joker get banned? I don't have a problem with him being gone, but I never saw a reason for him being banned...

• Premium Member

Mayo is definitely the better player. He's at least three or four inches taller, a better defender and has the same outside range that Lou has. He also last I heard is wanting 8-10 million a year plus he views himself as a PG instead of a SG which is just madness.

Why did sups/Joker get banned? I don't have a problem with him being gone, but I never saw a reason for him being banned...

Uh...he threatened to go to someone's house in Seattle and physically attack them in real life. He more than deserved to be banned. He even demanded the guy he threatened to apologize to HIM.

I have seen more of Lou Williams than OJ Mayo. I know that a few of you wanted Mayo but how similiar or disimiliar are the players. Who is the better of the 2?

Lou Williams is not as likely to be confused with two menu items.
  • Like 1

• Admin

Lou Williams also let his team in scoring last year playing about 25 minutes a game. He average about 3 points less than Joe per game i think. apples and oranges i know but still that's pretty good production.

Scoring is only one aspect of jj's game.

Lou Williams also let his team in scoring last year playing about 25 minutes a game. He average about 3 points less than Joe per game i think. apples and oranges i know but still that's pretty good production.

That's excellent production, considering the drop-off in minutes between Lou in Philly and Joe in Atlanta. Lou leaves a lot to be desired at th defensive end though.

• Premium Member

http://www.nba.com/p...reer_stats.html http://www.nba.com/p...reer_stats.html I see Lou as the better shooter, but OJ is bigger (6'4", 210 compared to 6'1", 175) and plays WAY better defense. OJ can be inconsistent and disappears at times though... OJ is also isn't as prone to injury and is a starter in the NBA, where as Lou is better coming off of the bench.

Wasn't the main reason he got benched to begin with his non existent defense?? I even remember reading a commentary on one of the playoff games where they gave OJ props for finally playing defense for once.

Sounds like dallas has the same plan as us...keep maximum cap space for next summer

From what I read he has a player option for the 2nd season, so that would take up some of that space. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Cuban promised to re-sign him if he doesn't pick up his player option.

• Moderators

Uh...he threatened to go to someone's house in Seattle and physically attack them in real life. He more than deserved to be banned. He even demanded the guy he threatened to apologize to HIM.

DAMN, missed out on that thread. He did seem like a 14 yo that just played too much NBA 2k12 and thought he knew it all... Started WAY too many threads on stupid BS too. Squawk has been better since his ass got banned. SMDH