• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Season's Leading Scorer Is WHO?

lethalweapon3

Which Hawk is in the Catbird Seat?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Assuming there is not a Superduperstar headlining the Highlight Factory between now and June 30, 2013, who is the likely top scorer on the current Hawks roster?Is it the only player in the roster who ever averaged 20+ PPG for a full NBA season?Is it the former 3rd-Team All-NBAer, two-timing All-Star, primary post option and pick-and-pop threat?Is it the young guard starting in just his second full season, trusted more with the ball and expected to get higher usage (and more trips to the FT line) with the departure of Joe Johnson?Is it the Swiss Army forward and top returning postseason scorer entering his contract year who averaged 21.6 PPG after the All-Star break?Is it the only guy since (ever?) to lead a playoff team in scoring without starting a game all season?Which Hawk is likely to have the biggest number on the right side of the nightly box scores?~lw3

It's possible for it to be even lower?!?!?

Totally obsolete since we were also playing without Al at the time as well, but Joe missed 6 of 7 games between Feb 22 and Mar 7 last year. In the one game he played in, we lost. In the other 6 games, we went 4-2. Here are Josh's stats during that span. 9 of 19.5 for 46.5% shooting. Main focus of the offense, double teamed just like Joe. 23.2 ppg 10.8 rpg 3 apg I think if Josh averaged 23/11/3 next year people would be alright with it. Not going to happen and moot because Al wasn't playing, Josh had to dominate for us to win 4 of 6 but too much is made of Josh's shooting. The guy just wins.

• Premium Member

It will most likely be Josh because even with Joe last year, he had the highest usage rate. Like many have said before, either he will become a beast in the post ala LMA, or he will be a low efficiency shooting forward.

Josh doesn't have the size, length or shooting touch to be like LMA in the post. He will have to be what he's always been...an opportunistic, high energy player. We can only hope that his shot selection and decision making will improve.

Should be Josh. Could be close if Lou is given free reign like Jamal had and gets starter's minutes. My hope is Al and Josh focus more on defense, but it's a contract year for Josh, so that's a pipe dream. I long for the 3 block, 50% shooting version.

I expect to see Josh's scoring decrease and his assists to go up by at least 50% as Ferry is enamored with his passing ability and I believe he'll have LD design the offense around the ball going through Josh on most possessions. I do expect that Josh will lead us in scoring and he gets on the All-Star team as well!

• Admin

It will most likely be Josh because even with Joe last year, he had the highest usage rate. Like many have said before, either he will become a beast in the post ala LMA, or he will be a low efficiency shooting forward.

Aldridge....seriously ... Josh has a couple post moves...LMA could give a clinic how to score form the post

It should be horford as he is the most consistent, for that reason he should get the most shots BUT because josh smith is on thus team it will be him....also it could be teague if he really plays to his full potential, it wouldn't shock me if teague became an immediate scoring threat.