• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SMDH...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

...at all the woe-as-me Hawks fans on this damn board... All you guys are acting like the little kid that keeps getting his lunch money stolen... Dwight getting traded to the Lakers isn't the end of the world. He has stated over and over again that he will pursue FAncy. I know that the Lakers have the upper hand on the contract they can offer during the next offseason, but do you think that Dwight wants to sign a six year max deal to be on a Laker team that will be rebuilding/reloading in 3 years; rebuilding during the prime years of his career nonetheless. Don't you think being a part of an up-and-coming team such the Hawks, Clippers, or Nets, is more attractive, even if it means you lose an extra year off your deal... Oh, and don't forget about the hard cap that kicks in next offseason right at about $75 million for all teams...Another thing, IDK why everyone wants Bynum. If he wasn't a true 7 footer, he wouldn't even be in the league. He averaged 18 and 11 as the starting center for the Lakers and he is an immature kid in a man's body. 18 and 11 are good numbers, but if the guy is out there and hurting the team by taking threes then laughing about it on the bench and taking plays off, then why do want him on the Hawks roster? As Mark Cuban said on First Take, stat lines and box scores don't tell you the whole story about a player. If one of the greatest leaders (Kobe) and greatest coaches (Jackson) in NBA history couldn't make Bynum grow up, then what makes you think that Bynum will mature in a city like Atlanta? Bynum is a headcase. I'd rather have the hard-working, hard-nosed Pachulia start for us over a guy that takes plays off and hurts his team with stupid plays. Also, Ferry has been here a total of a month and a half and has done more than BK and Sund ever did. He got rid of JJ's contract that was straitjacketing the cap and has relieved the team of the Marvin disappointment. He has built a creditable bench with Korver, Williams, Stevenson, and Morrow and drafted what appears to be a stud in Jenkins. And now that the all-to-be-expected has happened, the Squawk overreacts and goes into self-destruct mode and writes off what Danny has done... Did everyone reeeally expect Ferry to offer up the house to bring in Dwight? If he would have traded Horford and Teague, we would not be nearly as attractive to Dwight as a team to resign with just Smoove/Williams. Ferry knows that Horford + Smoove + Teague + Williams is a much more attractive team to Dwight in 2013 and did you guys reeeally think that Orlando was going to be stupid enough to hold on to dead weight and float Dwight down the river come 2013 in FAncy? They weren't going to let Shaq happen again... After Cleveland dropped out and showed that the Brooklyn trade wasn't happening and Dwight shot down the Houston deal, the Lakers was what Orlando was left with. It's honestly not a horrible trade on their part... That got rid of Dwight's problem and moved one of their bad contracts in J-Rich. In return, they pick up a stud in Afflalo, a bright prospect in Harkless, and others. They are in rebuild mode, but already have some starting pieces.On an ending note, Josh will not be traded. Ferry loves Smoove and Smoove stated before the Dwight deal happened that he is happier and doesn't want to be traded anymore. Smoove will play for the Hawks this season, and depending on if the Hawks are able to snag Dwight away or not, will get paid accordingly. If Dwight comes, he'll get paid about $14 mil/yr and if Dwight doesn't come he'll get about $16-17 mil/yr... Worse to worse, Smoove moves on, we resign Pachulia, Teague, and others from the 2012 team, and our starting 2013 five looks like this...C - PachuliaPF - HorfordSF - FA pickup (maybe we get the Squawks' all-coveted, highly-prized Alonzo Gee)SG - Jenkins/MorrowPG - TeagueSG - Morrow/JenkinsCG - Williams...and we go into reload mode. The sky isn't falling guys...IFWT.P.S. - Flame away.

• Like 3

No flames i think once everyone sees that Orlando wouldnt even deal with us, their opinions will change. Orlando didnt want to trade within the division. Ferry didnt even get to speak to Howard. Thats messed up. I hope Orlando sucks for 10 years.

So even if smith leaves huh?...what sense does that make! You don't let smith walk! You trade his ass for something....I don't care how much you like smith or any other player! You don't let ANY player that's all star potential leave for free!......there is no such thing of even of "even if we lose smith"....what the hell is that!!!!

So even if smith leaves huh?...what sense does that make! You don't let smith walk! You trade his ass for something....I don't care how much you like smith or any other player! You don't let ANY player that's all star potential leave for free!......there is no such thing of even of "even if we lose smith"....what the hell is that!!!!

Yeah, we should trade Smith. I doubt we can get much at this point.... But we need to get rid of him.

I'd rather let him walk than get stuck with the garbage that Orlando got for Howard.

...at all the woe-as-me Hawks fans on this damn board... All you guys are acting like the little kid that keeps getting his lunch money stolen... Dwight getting traded to the Lakers isn't the end of the world. He has stated over and over again that he will pursue FAncy. I know that the Lakers have the upper hand on the contract they can offer during the next offseason, but do you think that Dwight wants to sign a six year max deal to be on a Laker team that will be rebuilding/reloading in 3 years; rebuilding during the prime years of his career nonetheless. Don't you think being a part of an up-and-coming team such the Hawks, Clippers, or Nets, is more attractive, even if it means you lose an extra year off your deal... Oh, and don't forget about the hard cap that kicks in next offseason right at about $75 million for all teams... Another thing, IDK why everyone wants Bynum. If he wasn't a true 7 footer, he wouldn't even be in the league. He averaged 18 and 11 as the starting center for the Lakers and he is an immature kid in a man's body. 18 and 11 are good numbers, but if the guy is out there and hurting the team by taking threes then laughing about it on the bench and taking plays off, then why do want him on the Hawks roster? As Mark Cuban said on First Take, stat lines and box scores don't tell you the whole story about a player. If one of the greatest leaders (Kobe) and greatest coaches (Jackson) in NBA history couldn't make Bynum grow up, then what makes you think that Bynum will mature in a city like Atlanta? Bynum is a headcase. I'd rather have the hard-working, hard-nosed Pachulia start for us over a guy that takes plays off and hurts his team with stupid plays. Also, Ferry has been here a total of a month and a half and has done more than BK and Sund ever did. He got rid of JJ's contract that was straitjacketing the cap and has relieved the team of the Marvin disappointment. He has built a creditable bench with Korver, Williams, Stevenson, and Morrow and drafted what appears to be a stud in Jenkins. And now that the all-to-be-expected has happened, the Squawk overreacts and goes into self-destruct mode and writes off what Danny has done... Did everyone reeeally expect Ferry to offer up the house to bring in Dwight? If he would have traded Horford and Teague, we would not be nearly as attractive to Dwight as a team to resign with just Smoove/Williams. Ferry knows that Horford + Smoove + Teague + Williams is a much more attractive team to Dwight in 2013 and did you guys reeeally think that Orlando was going to be stupid enough to hold on to dead weight and float Dwight down the river come 2013 in FAncy? They weren't going to let Shaq happen again... After Cleveland dropped out and showed that the Brooklyn trade wasn't happening and Dwight shot down the Houston deal, the Lakers was what Orlando was left with. It's honestly not a horrible trade on their part... That got rid of Dwight's problem and moved one of their bad contracts in J-Rich. In return, they pick up a stud in Afflalo, a bright prospect in Harkless, and others. They are in rebuild mode, but already have some starting pieces. On an ending note, Josh will not be traded. Ferry loves Smoove and Smoove stated before the Dwight deal happened that he is happier and doesn't want to be traded anymore. Smoove will play for the Hawks this season, and depending on if the Hawks are able to snag Dwight away or not, will get paid accordingly. If Dwight comes, he'll get paid about $14 mil/yr and if Dwight doesn't come he'll get about $16-17 mil/yr... Worse to worse, Smoove moves on, we resign Pachulia, Teague, and others from the 2012 team, and our starting 2013 five looks like this... C - Pachulia PF - Horford SF - FA pickup (maybe we get the Squawks' all-coveted, highly-prized Alonzo Gee) SG - Jenkins/Morrow PG - Teague SG - Morrow/Jenkins CG - Williams ...and we go into reload mode. The sky isn't falling guys... IFWT. P.S. - Flame away.

I don't think the sky is falling either.

• Premium Member

My response to PSSHHH...Ferry has not done anything. What has he done? Auctioned off our best player to the lowest bidder and has set us up for a long rebuild.Don't worry buddy. We have been here before.This is nothing earth shaking or new.

• Moderators

My response to PSSHHH... Ferry has not done anything. What has he done? Auctioned off our best player to the lowest bidder and has set us up for a long rebuild. Don't worry buddy. We have been here before. This is nothing earth shaking or new.

He's cleared cap space to make Plan A happen... In the past decade, what have the GM's of the Hawks done? The only game changing moves I can think of is the SAR trade and the JJ trade. Drafts have horrible the past decade... The best players we have drafted in the past decade is Horford and Smoove. Acie Law - bust, Sheldon - bust, Salim - bust, and taking Marv over D-Will and CP3. I'm not saying Jenkins is going to be a stud (I do have my hopes though), but Ferry drafted a shooter that fits the model to team and what we will need at that position in years to come. Trust me, I know that if Plan A doesn't come through that we are in for a rebuild, but with Horford, Jenkins, and Teague, we already have three pieces to the puzzle. I just find it insulting to write Ferry off just because he didn't move heaven and earth to get Dwight after he did two things that was on practically every Hawks fan's wish list. Everyone expects next season to be a drop off and everyone knows that next offseason is when the Hawks will attempt to make moves. I don't know why people are pissed at Ferry... He has done good things so far. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

I was talking worse case scenario... If something happens after the deadline next season that causes Smoove to go Dwight on us and he decides just f us over and leave without doing a SnT... Talking worse case scenario, calm down dude.

Ok, so I wanted to focus on one thing... trading Smith. You don't trade a player because he doesn't fit in perfectly to the typical team layout. This isn't football. You trade value for value. That value can be talent, salary, potential, or whatever. But that is how it works. That is why the Joe Johnson trade is a win-win. We aren't trading Smith just because the perception is that he is unhappy with Howard going to LA. These are grown-arse men. They are big boys. They don't have to be on the same team. They have each other's numbers and can still be friends. Smith has a huge value to this team and appears to be excited with what Ferry is doing. He was sad to see Joe and Marvin go, but this is now Josh's and Al's team. That is it. It's up to them to take care of business. I think Smoove will rise to the challenge no matter what Hotlanta says about him. And I think having all of these 3pt shooters around him is going to be DANGEROUS!! Let's get it Atl!!

• Like 2

My response to PSSHHH... Ferry has not done anything. What has he done? Auctioned off our best player to the lowest bidder and has set us up for a long rebuild. Don't worry buddy. We have been here before. This is nothing earth shaking or new.

What long rebuild are we in. Ferry has cleared major cap space to make a run at FA. Got rid of Joes contract. He is changing the way the Hawks conduct business. You guys are not looking at the big picture. Give up Horf and Teague for a non committal Howard. OMG then when he leaves we get stuck like chuck.
  • Like 1

Ok, so I wanted to focus on one thing... trading Smith. You don't trade a player because he doesn't fit in perfectly to the typical team layout. This isn't football. You trade value for value. That value can be talent, salary, potential, or whatever. But that is how it works. That is why the Joe Johnson trade is a win-win. We aren't trading Smith just because the perception is that he is unhappy with Howard going to LA. These are grown-arse men. They are big boys. They don't have to be on the same team. They have each other's numbers and can still be friends. Smith has a huge value to this team and appears to be excited with what Ferry is doing. He was sad to see Joe and Marvin go, but this is now Josh's and Al's team. That is it. It's up to them to take care of business. I think Smoove will rise to the challenge no matter what Hotlanta says about him. And I think having all of these 3pt shooters around him is going to be DANGEROUS!! Let's get it Atl!!

Finally a positive post from this dismal fan base. Trade Smoove? For who, what? You guys cant be serious. You guys act like Smoove sucks or something. We will be ok. Trading SMoove is completely stupid. I dont understand the move. Unless we are dead last and just an all around terrible team then u trade at the deadline.

Like the plan. Smoove thinks Atl is bad. Not sure who the center would be.

Rudy Gay. Seriously? Smoove is staying and we are going to win game this year.

Yeah, we should trade Smith. I doubt we can get much at this point.... But we need to get rid of him.

Get rid of him and get who? Why should we trade Smoove again? I have to hear this

• Moderators

I think the target should be Rudy gay. Smith/petro for rg. Then in the offseason we pursue our center

Rudy Gay is nothing more JJ2, but is more of a SF than a SG. Rudy Gay isn't getting us anywhere that Joe couldn't, except back into cap problems. Trust me on Gay... I've been to multiple games at the FedEx Forum and have never been blown away by him. It's Dwight in 2013 or bust for a few seasons. I trust Ferry, but believe me, it's not blind faith. I have always believed that you don't call someone a failure until they are placed in the best possible situation and still fails, or in Ferry's situation, he works his plan and we are still mediocre in five or so years. In my book, he has three seasons to get us to the ECF. Just like the Falcons first goal was to just to post back to back winning seasons, we have to get to the ECF before we can even think about contending. Baby steps. Oh, and sorry for the multiple posts, I am responding to everyone on Tapatalk... Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Fans on this board just want anybody. Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo. This board has me rolling all the time. Memphis can keep Rudy Gay. Smoove brings much more to the game. He is a game changer. Rudy Gay is nothing to get excited over.

Rudy Gay is nothing more JJ2, but is more of a SF than a SG. Rudy Gay isn't getting us anywhere that Joe couldn't, except back into cap problems. Trust me on Gay... I've been to multiple games at the FedEx Forum and have never been blown away by him. It's Dwight in 2013 or bust for a few seasons. I trust Ferry, but believe me, it's not blind faith. I have always believed that you don't call someone a failure until they are placed in the best possible situation and still fails, or in Ferry's situation, he works his plan and we are still mediocre in five or so years. In my book, he has three seasons to get us to the ECF. Just like the Falcons first goal was to just to post back to back winning seasons, we have to get to the ECF before we can even think about contending. Baby steps. Oh, and sorry for the multiple posts, I am responding to everyone on Tapatalk...

We are on the same page.

What long rebuild are we in. Ferry has cleared major cap space to make a run at FA. Got rid of Joes contract. He is changing the way the Hawks conduct business. You guys are not looking at the big picture. Give up Horf and Teague for a non committal Howard. OMG then when he leaves we get stuck like chuck.

Just like what happened with Danny Manning leaving us the next year(BTW I was so pissed when they traded Dominique for Manning, I was like "For Danny F'ing Manning" LOL).... I still have nightmares about that move.

As far as using Al and Teague? Don't really care.Gotta take the risk. This franchise has been making conservative moves for nearly 20 years and it hasn't got them anything.All because they traded an over the hill Nique a long time ago. Dude was nearly over the hill. His career died quickly after leaving Atlanta because career wise, he was on his death bed.

As far as using Al and Teague? Don't really care. Gotta take the risk. This franchise has been making conservative moves for nearly 20 years and it hasn't got them anything. All because they traded an over the hill Nique a long time ago. Dude was nearly over the hill. His career died quickly after leaving Atlanta because career wise, he was on his death bed.

No you dont. You take a stupid risk. Thats just plain out stupid. They traded over the hill Nique? We were a first place team!!!!!!!!!!! you need to kill that noise on that. This franchise has not been making no conservative moves, they have been making historically terrible moves. Thats why im glad they didnt make this one and continue their streak. Besides Orlando didnt want to trade to us. You havent read the article yet? http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/08/10/ferry-made-pitch-for-dwight-howard-but-was-stopped-short/ Nique died quickly because he was sad. He lost all motivation. The team owed it to him to keep him to try to get a ring, but we trade him to freaking Sac a bottom feeder. We have been cursed ever since.