• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Anthony Tolliver

HawkItus

• Moderators

Anthony Tolliver is critical of Timberwolves upon his exit. Said they never really offered to bring him back.

“No,’’ Tolliver, a power forward, said when asked whether it was tough at all to leave the Timberwolves after two seasons. “It’s a business. They told me they were looking to bring me back… But they never really offered me anything. They had said signing me was a priority, but at the end of the day they didn’t move forward. Everything happens for a reason. It’s all part of the business.’’

When the Timberwolves agreed to terms with Lou Amundson, another power forward on Monday, Tolliver knew it was time to leave.

Tolliver made $2.05 million last season with the Timberwolves but will get a one-year minimum guaranteed deal from Atlanta worth $915,852. He said that’s become a “new normal’’ in the NBA that teams are being more conservative with money.

Tolliver said Phoenix also was in the mix at the end but the Suns wanted him to come in for a workout first, unlike the Hawks.

Posted Image

~lw3
  • Like 1

http://www.hoopsrumo...with-hawks.html

"I just thought it was the best situation for me," Tolliver said to Tomasson. "I just think they don’t have a lot of players like me. I think it’s a great opportunity."

it is only a 1-year deal. A solid addition to the team.

Edited by ThunderHawks
  • Like 1

Anthony will be bitchslapped by Ivan if he's gonna take No.44Why the hell we need another shooter ? Lou - Morrow/Jenkins - Korver - Tolliver - Horford lineup gonna be unstoppable if all players will be on fire but... No low-post game here in A-Town, again. Live by J's, die by J's.

• Moderators

The cover page on Peachtree Hoops (now with the new SB Nation United format) has me feeling better already. Has he posted another "

on YouTube yet? "I've decided to take my talents to the Land of the Peaches" or something? ~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3

Donta Smith rolling over in his grave right now.Tolliver's stats last season17 minutes of play4.1 pts3.0 rebs39% FG25% 3FG ( which means that Josh Smith was a slightly better 3 point shooter last year )75% FTBest season was in 2010 - 11, in which he averaged almost 7 points and 4.5 rebs in 21 minutes. More important, is that he shot 41% 3FG that season. For his career, he's a 32% 3FG shooter.Synergy numbers show that his favorite shot was the Spot Up jumper, in which 43.9% of his shots came of that variety. The problem? He shot WOEFUL 24.7% FG on those shots, and an even worse 22.1% from 3 point range, on that shot.Yeah flexibility.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Donta Smith rolling over in his grave right now. Tolliver's stats last season 17 minutes of play 4.1 pts 3.0 rebs 39% FG 25% 3FG ( which means that Josh Smith was a slightly better 3 point shooter last year ) 75% FT Best season was in 2010 - 11, in which he averaged almost 7 points and 4.5 rebs in 21 minutes. More important, is that he shot 41% 3FG that season. For his career, he's a 32% 3FG shooter. Synergy numbers show that his favorite shot was the Spot Up jumper, in which 43.9% of his shots came of that variety. The problem? He shot WOEFUL 24.7% FG on those shots, and an even worse 22.1% from 3 point range, on that shot. Yeah flexibility.

I'm seeing in 09-10 with Golden State he average 12/7 with 2 assists in 32 minutes. That's pretty solid. I think we may see Ivan playing center on the second unit. Can he defend?

His best season he averaged 12.3 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 0,8 bpg, 0,7 spg shooting 0,43% on 44 games with Golden State, not bad numbers. On Minnesotta he was behind Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Pekovic and Milicic on minutes, competing with Anthony Randolph, even with that he managed to play 17 mpg.I guess on Atlanta he finds more minutes as only Smith, Ivan Johnson, Horford and Pachulia can compete on quality, rest of the bench is weak and Smith is going to play SF. He provides adequate defense, can play both PF and C and can shootOverall I think is a good signing, he is still 27 year old and someone to keep for the future to provide depth, however I guess this is a sign we don't have much faith on Mike Scott.

He is not a bad player to have but I don't know why he didn't go to the Suns. I think he would have had more of a role there (with Frye gone for the year).

Well the workout for one then they already have two other guys that do exactly what he does and then some in Beasley (who they just signed) and Markieff Morris (who they drafted). The Hawks have zero stretch 4s.