• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks roster now at 16

ATLscrubLove

+From ajc:Drew did not reveal his starting lineup for Thursday’s game against the Hornets. However, based solely on my observations from practice, I think the likely group could be Teague, Devin Harris, DeShawn Stevenson, Smith and Horford.* Drew said he loved the combination of Teague and Harris, who made his exhibition debut after dealing with a knee issue during training camp.“I love the speed,” Drew said. “I love the fact that both guys can really break the defense down. They can get in the paint and cause havoc. Last night I put them both back in again in the fourth quarter, about the half-way mark, and they created some great opportunities for us. We just weren’t able to knock down some shots toward the end.”* The Hawks waived guard Carldell Johnson Wednesday, trimming their training camp roster to 16 players. The team has until Oct. 29 to trim to the NBA-mandated limit of 15. However Drew has indicated he would like to get his roster set sooner rather than later. Johnson, the 5-foot-10 guard out of Alabama-Birmingham, appeared in one exhibition game with one assist and one steal in 13 minutes.- Chris Vivlamore

There is no reason for Jenkins and Scott to be glued to the bench all season long. They should be developed as an integral part of the team during this transition period. There are too many expirings on this team (who prolly won't be back next season) for our rookies to not get meaningful minutes. You glue them to the bench this year and not develop them then next year is the same thing.

• Premium Member

There is no reason for Jenkins and Scott to be glued to the bench all season long. They should be developed as an integral part of the team during this transition period. There are too many expirings on this team (who prolly won't be back next season) for our rookies to not get meaningful minutes. You glue them to the bench this year and not develop them then next year is the same thing.

Problem is Drew knows this is probably his last year here and he will be coaching for his next job. To make himself look good, he will rely heavily on veteran players and the young guys won't see the floor much unless there's an injury or it's garbage time.

• Moderators

Problem is Drew knows this is probably his last year here and he will be coaching for his next job. To make himself look good, he will rely heavily on veteran players and the young guys won't see the floor much unless there's an injury or it's garbage time.

Actually i think Scott has more of a chance for a role than Jenkins. How many nba veterans are on the roster that do exactly what jenkins can do? The one thing that is proven regardless of the coach is that if you are a 4/5 and will play physical and grab rebounds you will get PT. Knocking down a few jumpers is a bonus. I call this the Milsap principal.

• Premium Member

Anderson will be next...

Whatever "battle" Anderson and James were supposed to get into over the SF spot never materialized. The Hawks would be crazy to pick Anderson over James at this point. I honestly expected more out of Anderson and loved his game at Okst. I felt like his shooting and slashing would easily translate to the NBA. I was flat out wrong.

There is no reason for Jenkins and Scott to be glued to the bench all season long. They should be d (eveloped as an integral part of the team during this transition period. There are too many expirings on this team (who prolly won't be back next season) for our rookies to not get meaningful minutes. You glue them to the bench this year and not develop them then next year is the same thing.

All season maybe but up until the trade deadline the expirings will bringing their game for their next contract and management will be pushing LD to showcase them as valued assets (trade chips). So Scott and Jenkins PT depends on what moves are made at the trade deadline. Barring early trades and/or injuries I do not expect to see either of them on the court.