• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague is the PG for the long haul

ATLscrubLove

This thread is killing me to read. Just like Atlanta fans. No one cares for the players we have because they aren't Kobe, Lebron, Paul, or Wade. Smh. Teague is a good player with a positive head on his shoulders. I can do without a diva superstar. All they do is cry and whine over calls. Teague dropped 16pts and 7ast in almost one half of action and you all complain. Am I the only one noticing that Teague is one of the hardest guards to defend against..? I mean, he's penetrating the defense effortlessly and FLUSHING on defenders! I haven't seen this style of play since the days of Steve Francis. Matter of fact, Westbrook aka a 'superstar' couldn't guard him to save his life. Notice the shell defense OKC was trying to play when Teague was on the floor, and his still destroyed it! Yall are unbelievable! That's NBA2k13 for ruining the way people look at the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dwight is a bit immature and mercurial. He dropped an extra year in a city he already had decided to leave when he waffled his way to giving Orlando another extension of his contract for no reason. I would give better odds on him changing his mind after buying a house than many other players.

I agree he's a bit immature, but him dropping that much on a house sounds like a decision made with way more conviction than his previous decisions. Expecting him to suddenly drop that just to come to the ATL sounds like wishful thinking to me.

• Moderators

I agree he's a bit immature, but him dropping that much on a house sounds like a decision made with way more conviction than his previous decisions. Expecting him to suddenly drop that just to come to the ATL sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I would lay out the range of odds from most probable to least probable: Staying in LA > Leaving LA > Leaving LA for ATL. It isn't probable enough that Dwight leaves LA to come here to justify planning around that. Leaving flexibility to go after that if the door opens is reasonable though (given that any such flexibility is not specific to Dwight but represents the ability to sign or trade for other players as well). Edited by AHF

I'm not saying he will be a star or anything but this kid can ball. All the competition this summer has really made him step up his game. I'm starting to get very high on this kid... Expect a HD tribute video soon. Obviously CP3 would be nice, but I wouldn't be opposed to having Teague at point for the long haul.

Teague is playing nice, but there's a reason Danny Ferry chose not to extend him at the Oct. 31st deadline. He needs an entire consistent season in order to be deemed the point guard of the future, and with that consistency, in my opinion, he needs to establish himself as one of the 15 best pgs in the league. I don't know if that can happen, and wouldn't be surprised to see Teague leave in free agency if someone chooses to present a ridiculous offer sheet.

Teague is playing nice, but there's a reason Danny Ferry chose not to extend him at the Oct. 31st deadline. He needs an entire consistent season in order to be deemed the point guard of the future, and with that consistency, in my opinion, he needs to establish himself as one of the 15 best pgs in the league. I don't know if that can happen, and wouldn't be surprised to see Teague leave in free agency if someone chooses to present a ridiculous offer sheet.

Teague will not be back to ATL next year and it really does not make sense for him to come back. Teague has baggage here that people will not let him live down and unlike the Marvin's, Joe's, and Josh's of the world I hope he realizes this sooner than later and moves on to having a fine career. I look at these guys that have been career Hawks like children and want the best for them along with the franchise and it would be best if Teague just moves on. Edited by MrMeltdown

Teague will not be back to ATL next year and it really does not make sense for him to come back. Teague has baggage here that people will not let him live down and unlike the Marvin's, Joe's, and Josh's of the world I hope he realizes this sooner than later and moves on to having a fine career. I look at these guys that have been career Hawks like children and want the best for them along with the franchise and it would be best if Teague just moves on.

Huh? Teague is not a finished product and a lot of that blame goes to the coaches and how he was developed or not developed. People complain tht he cannot run the offense? when had he been asked to do that before this year. LD himself said (when talking about moving on from ISO Joe) that Teagues role will now change because all he had to do before was to bring the ball up and give it to Joe when he crossed halfcourt.

From Peachtree hoops - "And now, with a full offseason to work with, the team is Teague's. He will be at the point, running the offense and distributing the ball simultaneously for the first time in his career. Will Teague keep his combo-guard persona he developed in the backcourt with Johnson or will he transition into the traditional point guard while running a complete offensive set? Only time will tell, but if ever there were a time that Teague would take "the leap," it should be now. If he can do so, the Hawks could very well be looking further than the second round of the postseason for the first time since moving to Atlanta"

I'm not syaing he is the answer, but he now has the chance for the first time to do that.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

What baggage does Teague have here? He seems to be one of our most "baggage free" draft picks. (Marvin, of course, had the most baggage of any Hawks draft pick in the last few decades.)

He has failed too often. He has passed up too many game affecting shots and people will always feel a certain way about him and his clutch ability and the biggest person that feels a way is LD. He has failed at leading the team. He has failed at being vocal. He has failed at really playing good defense consistently. He has failed at improving his passing abilities. I really like Teague as a player and selfishly would like him to stay, but I realize and hope he does also that everytime he fails his past shortcomings will be thrown in his face. That is what I call baggage. I guess I could simply call it too much history or something but I see it as baggage.

• Moderators

He has failed too often. He has passed up too many game affecting shots and people will always feel a certain way about him and his clutch ability and the biggest person that feels a way is LD. He has failed at leading the team. He has failed at being vocal. He has failed at really playing good defense consistently. He has failed at improving his passing abilities. I really like Teague as a player and selfishly would like him to stay, but I realize and hope he does also that everytime he fails his past shortcomings will be thrown in his face. That is what I call baggage. I guess I could simply call it too much history or something but I see it as baggage.

Failed too often? You mean in the three seasons he has been on this roster and the one condensed season he has been a starter? Do you not remember the series vs. Rose? You say that he passed up too many "game changing shots", but yet people like to complain he isn't a pass-first PG... Honestly, I see nothing wrong with Teague other than he needs to work on his mid-range and he isn't marketable as a star. I believe this is a season that Teague comes into his own and becomes our next Mookie. His performance in these first two games have been outstanding; never seen Teague play so well. The only problem that people really have with Teague is that he isn't Chris Paul or Steve Nash or Deron Williams. Everybody wants a Ferrari, even if it means passing on a Benz... SMH
  • Like 1

If Teague and Horford continue to play like this, we might be able to get an elite player for that package.

I like the fundamental idea of trying to acquire a "superstar," but moving Horford is not the answer. He's a very, very good player, and an important part of Atlanta's future.

• Moderators

I'll agree to disagree but I can find very little common ground between my view of Teague and the way I think fans view him and that description above.

u just failed with this post....next!
  • Like 1

u just failed with this post....next!

exactly! this had to be the dumbest thing i read on here in a while! I have even posted some dumb things lately...like how overrated I think the clippers are! most would think im crazy but that doesnt even compare to this ignorant post! Teague is fine and will continue to improve. he's already getting better.

Horford is turning 27 soon, Teague 25.... To think that these players will turn out to be world-beaters is not realistic. If you can get a superstar, get a superstar. You guys would still be waiting on Marv's potential. SMH

What superstar? From where? Some people. Believe that superstars grow on trees....the Hawks need to build a complete TEAM. Right now we are a little unbalance. Keep Horford, Teague, and Josh and try to get a Big Man and maybe a taller SG like anTyreke Evans...and hopefully a Superstar coach that will bring it together...