• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD calling some guys out?

ATLscrubLove

Obviously in the interview LD didn't say any names but said "Guys have to stop complaining about not getting calls, stop blaming others". When I think blame and complaining, I think Smoove.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Didn't get to watch the game last night, but listened on XM radio on the way home from work. The Chicago broadcast was aired. The Chicago announcers mentioned that Danny Ferry was in attendance. I am glad he got to see that debacle. Obviously some major changes are needed, whether this season or the off-season.

• Moderators

They say Lou, Smith, and Teague are the big culprits for complaining for calls. The supposed leaders of this team are back bitching to refs about no-calls while guys like Ivan, Zaza, and others get there behinds back on D. They say the health of a team starts from the top-down and right now our best players have loss their focus and competitive spirit. The offense has no flow and the defense is porous. Not sure if it's due to playing 10 games in 14 days, but they are not playing with the same flow as early in the season. Every team goes through ups and downs, so let's hope they can turn it around before the deadline.

• Like 2

His words also stated "I shouldnt have to coach effort nightly. Effort is something those guys should be able to bring to the table every game without me having to get on them about it" Or something close to that. Im just glad to see him finally stating something worth reading for once.

• Like 2

His words also stated "I shouldnt have to coach effort nightly. Effort is something those guys should be able to bring to the table every game without me having to get on them about it" Or something close to that. Im just glad to see him finally stating something worth reading for once.

That is about the only thing he said that had any value.

There is a saying that actions speak louder than words, let what you do speak for you. Until LD does things in games when players aren't following the plan this is all coach speak.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

How anybody can lump Lou and Teague with Josh when it comes to complaining is beyond me. Teague has one tech in 4 years and hardly ever gets calls when going to the rim. Lou hardly ever complains. Honestly, Ivan and Zaza do way more talking to the refs than Lou and Teague.

Drew is just making a bunch of aimless comments unless he starts to call names

• Like 2

He's going to bench Teague, so it doesn't matter what he says anyway. We all know the guy that he talks negatively about the most. The guy that he talks about playing with more energy. So it's Teague who is about to get the blame.And I think Danny Ferry may want to see that too, seeing that it was HE that brought in 2 smallish guards to add to the team. Two guards who could legitimately take Teague's spot, if they choose not to match an offer sheet this summer, when Teague hits free agency.I never saw Teague as a "leader type PG", but I did think he was developing into a pretty good scoring type of PG. But if he can't score, Drew definitely isn't going to keep him in the game because of his defense ( which also has been lacking lately, but better than Lou's defense ).

• Moderators

He's going to bench Teague, so it doesn't matter what he says anyway. We all know the guy that he talks negatively about the most. The guy that he talks about playing with more energy. So it's Teague who is about to get the blame.And I think Danny Ferry may want to see that too, seeing that it was HE that brought in 2 smallish guards to add to the team. Two guards who could legitimately take Teague's spot, if they choose not to match an offer sheet this summer, when Teague hits free agency.I never saw Teague as a "leader type PG", but I did think he was developing into a pretty good scoring type of PG. But if he can't score, Drew definitely isn't going to keep him in the game because of his defense ( which also has been lacking lately, but better than Lou's defense ).

I have been thinking about this lately. I am really wondering if Teague will be on the team next season. There are a few teams that would love to have Teague and would put a Hibbert-type offer sheet on him. I could see Miami, New York, LAL, Dallas, Indiana, and Sacramento all being interested. At that point I see Harris being resigned for around $6 mil/yr and us drafting a PG with one of our 1st unless we look to make Lou a full time PG (not the best decision).

If LD would do the yelling/crying to the refs... You might see a better team....

It’s so funny how you all start pointing fingers at the players when it comes to Larry Drew talking about the refs.

Please tell what good team doesn’t have a COACH who complains/cry/in the refs ear… maybe Miami?

He still has Bosh, D-Wade and LBJ who cry all the time.

Yes Josh complains but because of the way LD doesn’t complain to the refs ALL OF HIS PLAYERS are getting too pissed during the game. Why? They have a coach who doesn’t take a tech for them when it’s clearly the refs are letting them get beat up and calling no fouls!

I have a feeling that LD will not finish the season. LD needs to step up and show his team he is willing to fight for them or he’s going to lose them all.

and we saw how the team fell apart when Teague sat on the bench with 2 early fouls in the 1st quarter. Lou, on the other hand played like crap.........while Teague just didn't play in the 1st half due to foul trouble.

I'd be suprised if Teague is benched. The wheels fell off last night when he sat with early foul trouble.

Edited by coachx

Teague is on the level of someone like Jarrett Jack and that's about it. Maybe a tad bit better, but not much.

And what? Josh is not any better than prime Lamar Odom and Al is no better than prime Horace Grant. So, I don't get how you think blaming the lesser player to begin with is going to solve anything. Josh and Al are the 2 best on this team and they are nothing compared to others 2 best.

My take on this team is that Josh is a cry baby. I dont understand why he is complaining to the refs, he is not going to change their minds anyways.

LD needs to put some actions with his words. Point blank.

LD's offense needs to put Josh on the block and not the wing

AL needs to learn on this team his is a Center so get that PF mentality out of his head

Teague is not playing to his strengths. Teague should be a scoring guard. I get tired of him going in the paint and looking to pass and not finish, then when he passes in the paint its a turn over.

LD shouldnt have to coach effort but his job as the coach is to inspire his players. He is the one to motivate the players that IS his job.

If LD would do the yelling/crying to the refs... You might see a better team....

It’s so funny how you all start pointing fingers at the players when it comes to Larry Drew talking about the refs.

Please tell what good team doesn’t have a COACH who complains/cry/in the refs ear… maybe Miami?

He still has Bosh, D-Wade and LBJ who cry all the time.

Yes Josh complains but because of the way LD doesn’t complain to the refs ALL OF HIS PLAYERS are getting too pissed during the game. Why? They have a coach who doesn’t take a tech for them when it’s clearly the refs are letting them get beat up and calling no fouls!

I have a feeling that LD will not finish the season. LD needs to step up and show his team he is willing to fight for them or he’s going to lose them all.

Josh has been complaining to the refs waaaay before LD - and what exactly does complaining get him? Answer: His man scoring a basket at the other end because he is loafing up the court. How does that help the team?

I really don't mind a tech during a stop in the action, but complaining and not getting back defensively is the worse. That's a 4 point swing

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

When LD benches Teague and the team continues to be blown out by 25+... Then what?

Because those types of losses will continue to happen. Lou's defense is non-existent. He's become a me-first player since he lost his starting job.

LD is already working "after hours" in this organization. It's past the time he should be gone.

May God have mercy on our Hawks!

• Moderators

One option this offseason at PG other than Teague is Eric Bledsoe. He is a dynamic defender and has been great subbing and filling in for Paul in LAC. He is a restricted free agent but the Clippers already have said they can't afford to keep him so he will be fair game this offseason.

• Like 1

One option this offseason at PG other than Teague is Eric Bledsoe. He is a dynamic defender and has been great subbing and filling in for Paul in LAC. He is a restricted free agent but the Clippers already have said they can't afford to keep him so he will be fair game this offseason.

I have been thinking the same thing. When he is getting starters minutes he can definitely produce. And you have to think he wouldnt cost too much considering we have enough money and we would still have enough cap space to sign an elite post man. Hopefully elite, depending on who actually wants to play for Atlanta.