Josh Smith and Other Players Will Be Attending The Falcons Game...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

...so if you are in attendance make sure to drop by and say hi. Not sure if they'll be sitting together, but Josh said he'll be on the fifty yard line, third row. Oh, and I included a link of the vid where Josh and Lou said that they'll be there with others (I'm thinking Morrow, Horford, and a few others). Not sure how to post the video directly from the home site, but it's the one posted today that is labeled "Hawks Players Supporting the Falcons". Josh seems awfully happy and in support of Atlanta in the video for a guy that is frustrated with the team and supposedly wants a trade... Squawkers take a Posted Image .

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/originals

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

And I agree with you. The mindset and culture of this team for the last decade has not been good. The owner's have been baboons, the GM's have been way too passive & complacent, and the mindset has been that Atlanta is the place for a player's careers come to die. The mindset that Atlanta can't do this or that and Josh constantly being the scapegoat isn't great either. It's a collective effort to change the culture and how the team is viewed to the rest of the NBA world. Players, coaches, executives, AND fans included. Levenson has got the ball rolling by locking Gearon Jr in a cage and entrusting Ferry with the keys. The next step is for Ferry to take care of the team which he has by dumping salary and I believe the suspension was just an example of that too; letting Josh know that things are going to be different. Us as fans need to change too though. Too many people still dwell on the years of BK and that stars don't want to come here which isn't true. Great players want to play for great teams and the Hawks haven't been a healthy organization in year's past. We have drafted horribly and have accepted mediocre as okay. The media are the ones that want to see big name players on big name teams. The players could care less as long as they are winning and getting paid. The reason in year's past that we haven't gotten stars is because the Hawks didn't even try for guys and are stingy with the check book. Giving Joe that big contract was the ASG trying show that they are willing to open up the checkbook, unfortunately Joe wasn't the right guy to do that with.

It is time to do what's best for this team and what's best for the team isn't trading Josh for Rudy's cap-eating contract, an over-the-hill Gasol, or for more mediocre talent and hoping on high draft picks. What you do though is go into the offseason with a boat load of cap space and make Atlanta as attractive of a destination with your assets as possible. No one is coming here to play with scrubs. Guys will come here if they feel we are a good team and the owners can and will pay up...

...so if you are in attendance make sure to drop by and say hi. Not sure if they'll be sitting together, but Josh said he'll be on the fifty yard line, third row. Oh, and I included a link of the vid where Josh and Lou said that they'll be there with others (I'm thinking Morrow, Horford, and a few others). Not sure how to post the video directly from the home site, but it's the one posted today that is labeled "Hawks Players Supporting the Falcons". Josh seems awfully happy and in support of Atlanta in the video for a guy that is frustrated with the team and supposedly wants a trade... Squawkers take a Posted Image .

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/originals

I don't think that he's asking for a trade or unhappy in Atlanta, but I think that a trade is coming. It is nice to see our team supporting the Falcons in their huge game though!