• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Volume Rise Up!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

WHAT? WE MIGHT LOSE A DRAFT WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL OF THIS CROWD NOISE!

~lw3

Didn't the Vikings and Saints get accused of this in the past as well? How did those investigations turn out?

Anyway, they had better not get too much taken from them in terms of draft picks. Judging by their record the last two years, it didn't help much...

• Moderators

With the new stadium we will be able to literally burn the other team by focusing the moveable camera lens glass on their huddles.  Another triumph by Blank

In completely unrelated news, the Pats have announced they will be employing a similar upgrade to their stadium.  For the fans.

• Like 1

• Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGPhUr-T6UM

Arthurrr probably knows a fine is coming, but maybe he's trying to control the damage with this mea culpa?

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/2/3/7973067/arthur-blank-pumping-in-fake-stadium-noise-was-wrong

"It's not really a fine line," Blank told the AP. "I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to, as a league, as a club and as an owner. It's obviously embarrassing but beyond embarrassing it doesn't represent our culture and what we're about."

~lw3

• Moderators

I don't know if Blank and others are surprised that this was happening to disrupt the other teams playcalling or they are surprised that they were pumping in crowd noise period.    I've only been to 3 games in the last couple years but you could definitely tell there was artificial crowd noise in parts.   I can't say at what part of the game it was but it was really obvious.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Havent heard much about this lately...

Ok im about to go into conspiracy theory mode...

After reading this: 

"The Commissioner's total compensation in 2013 is a fair reflection of his leadership and contributions during the year," said Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who is chairman of the compensation committee, in a statement. "Compensation packages for Roger and other senior executives are reviewed annually; accordingly, the compensation committee will conduct a thoughtful review and make a determination of 2014 compensation in March."

I wonder if ol' Artie gave Goodell a nice compensation package to mitigate our punishment. If we loose a draft pick in rounds 1-3 it would be a major blow. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12321630/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-earned-35-million-2013

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I extend my wrists for the slappage to you, Dear Commish!

Turn down for what?!?!?

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dammit, Roddy! Oh, the OTHER one! Who knew?

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

A final mea culpa, from Arrrrrrthurrrrrr...

~lw3

Again I"m just calling bullshit that Blank or anyone else didn't know this was happening.

I thought he admitted to knowing they were doing it for 2 years? This is a joke that the rumors last week were that the Browns and Falcons would be penalized harshly and then we see these penalties. Not that I want to see the Falcons penalized bu the league just comes off looking like a joke here.

• Moderators

Mike Florio that POS was the one spreading the 2nd rounder rumors.  As for Blank he admitted that it did happen, not that he knew.  

I guess the owner box is sound proof but the dude is down on the field half the time.  Of course he only comes down for victories so he might not have been on the field in the last two years.