• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Smoove Question.

Diesel

Who would you rather right out of the draft.   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
On 1/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, hazer said:

Early Smoove was my fave Hawk on that squad, was a joy to watch. Hell, prime Smoove was one of my fave Hawks of all time. 

Real question would be prime Smoove vs prime Mills vs Collins.

Mills, Collin, Smoove would be my order, but all three are close in value imo. 

48 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Real question would be prime Smoove vs prime Mills vs Collins.

Mills, Collin, Smoove would be my order, but all three are close in value imo. 

Smoove was irreparably flawed, but man was he exciting and fun to watch. Before he got all cringy toward the end 🤩😖

• Premium Member

My actual original Blame was Woodson. 

I think early on, Woodson made too many allowances for Smoove and it got Smoove to the place where he could win but not work on his game.  And not be cognizant that you're game is not what you're doing.  I don't know how you get to the place where you're putting up 5 3 pters per game and you're shooting 24% from three. 

Smoove had committed to going to Indiana.  Even though Bobby Knight was gone, he could have used some Bobby Knight during his formative Basketball years. 

So my thinking is if we could get Smoove as a rookie... maybe we could have reached him. 

About Cam.

He's the son of a basketball player.   Some say that he has believed that he was a star since HS.  I watched the great Duke comeback on Louisville.  It was a great game.. (I Hate Duke).  Spearheaded by big shots by Cam.  watching that game showed me who Cam wanted to be.   I don't know if there's anything that could be done to change that.

My point is that we watched Smoove grow into a headstrong low efficiency player who thought that he was better than he was.  It's possible we could have molded him better.   With Cam, I think the best you can do is help him be more efficient.