• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a lottery pick or 2.

ATLscrubLove

This years draft will be pretty weak. But we could use a Zeller, Noel, Hardaway Jr, Or Seth Curry. Maybe if we can get at least one more pick in a Smoove trade and Houston would make the playoffs. We could potentially have 2 lottery picks. That would be nice.If this franchise is going to be successful, by successful I mean getting a superstar, then we need to be able to draft a star. Not saying these kids will be stars but they would be really nice additions to the pieces we already have.

There are three ways to win consistently and compete for championships in the NBA in my opinion scrubLove.

#1. Have an excellent, well managed organization.

#2. Be so RICH that your mistakes don't matter.

#3. Get lucky in the draft.

Obviously #'s 1 and 2 don't apply to us so yes, I agree with you.

Edited by DJlaysitup

There are three ways to win consistently and compete for championships in the NBA in my opinion scrubLove.

#1. Have an excellent, well managed organization.

#2. Be so RICH that your mistakes don't matter.

#3. Get lucky in the draft.

Obviously #'s 1 and 2 don't apply to us so yes, I agree with you.

I agree and wanted to add this.

#4. Be the San Antonio Spurs.

• Like 1

Not sure how any of those players can help the Hawks win right away..maybe Trey Burke, and Shabazz Muhammad have the starpower and talent that could help us... Noel, Zeller not really sure how effective their game will translate in the NBA, Hardaway Jr is a good shooter in the mold of Joe Johnson but he is a tad slow footed. ..I'm all for getting draft picks though, b/c sometimes you just have to get lucky..We can't afford not to trade Josh Smith..please Danny...Please make the trade

Edited by wolvetigers

Great job gurpilo. Those are all guys that will be there with our 2 picks in the middle of the first round. All can help but are flawed (however Otto isn't supposed to be there)We will have Jenkins Scott hopefully 2 out of the 4 you mentioned. Would be nice to pick up one more pick scrub you are correct. I still say we get that extra pick by taking tyreke Evans/Jason Thompson and a first round draft pick

Althought is not a great draft, I think there are useful players till 20th pick. There is a good chance guys like Otto Porter, Goodwin, Isaiah Austin or Poythress who are projected as possible lottery picks could fall to our first pick, I would take any of them. With Houston's pick I think Burke, Caldwell Pope or McDoo will be available. McDoo would ba a good replacement to Smith and Burke would be an excellent backup PG even capable to be a starting one, reminds me Ty Lawson

I want Trey Burke, Otto Porter and McDoo at any cost. We just need a trade with Phoenix or Dallas to make it happen and get another first round pick

Teague/Burke/Williams

Korver/Jenkins/Williams

Porter/FA

Horford/McDoo

FA/Zaza

Two FA signings could be Dorrell Wright and Howard or Jefferson or Dalembert as consolation prize.

• Premium Member

We have to get some real talent in here and there's only so many ways to do it. Welcome to Wretchville, I been waiting on you guys for a LONG time.

...still anxious to see how DF plans to transform our franchise.

This years draft will be pretty weak. But we could use a Zeller, Noel, Hardaway Jr, Or Seth Curry. Maybe if we can get at least one more pick in a Smoove trade and Houston would make the playoffs. We could potentially have 2 lottery picks. That would be nice.If this franchise is going to be successful, by successful I mean getting a superstar, then we need to be able to draft a star. Not saying these kids will be stars but they would be really nice additions to the pieces we already have.

I'm not completely following this line of logic here. "This year's draft will be pretty weak.....so we need to get another pick" "If this franchise is going to be successful (getting a superstar) then we need to draft a star....(but) Not saying these kids will be stars."

I mean, I kind of get what is being said in that I guess you're insinuating that you never quite know who may or may not break out, so let's stack up the picks and hope that at least one of them pans out.

BUT, while every draft is full of serviceable guys that can help you out somewhere on your roster, this draft just doesn't have any obvious superstar picks, so why are folks gung-ho about stockpiling picks from a less than stellar draft year? I'm sure there will be a couple great, starter material, difference maker players at the top of the draft, and there's usually one unexpected breakout player, but what are the odds we will get one of those even with another pick? We already have probably 3 picks this year, so surely we will grab one or two serviceable players. I would rather roll the dice with trades/FA of known product during a down draft year, and if trading for picks at least get picks for a future draft when the talent pool is a little deeper.

I'm not completely following this line of logic here. "This year's draft will be pretty weak.....so we need to get another pick" "If this franchise is going to be successful (getting a superstar) then we need to draft a star....(but) Not saying these kids will be stars."I mean, I kind of get what is being said in that I guess you're insinuating that you never quite know who may or may not break out, so let's stack up the picks and hope that at least one of them pans out. BUT, while every draft is full of serviceable guys that can help you out somewhere on your roster, this draft just doesn't have any obvious superstar picks, so why are folks gung-ho about stockpiling picks from a less than stellar draft year? I'm sure there will be a couple great, starter material, difference maker players at the top of the draft, and there's usually one unexpected breakout player, but what are the odds we will get one of those even with another pick? We already have probably 3 picks this year, so surely we will grab one or two serviceable players. I would rather roll the dice with trades/FA of known product during a down draft year, and if trading for picks at least get picks for a future draft when the talent pool is a little deeper.

I think, while the draft doesn't seem strong, that we should try our luck anyways. But you're right there are no guys that really stand out as being stars. Noel may be the only player that has a real shot because he is basically a reincarnation of Anthony Davis except Noel is worse at shooting. I'm saying we should at least try our luck. Depending on if the Rocket make the playoffs or not and where that lotto pick lands, we should trade up for a top 3 pick. For the right price of course. Edited by ATLscrubLove

I disagree that we need extra picks but agree that this is the type of draft that you try to consolidate your many picks into a top one. Failing to do that you then try to roll them back a year if possible. The team has to be prepared for the possibility that it doesn't get a premier free agent haul but there isn't a point to having a bunch of John Jenkins tiered young'ns running around either.

We have to get some real talent in here and there's only so many ways to do it. Welcome to Wretchville, I been waiting on you guys for a LONG time.

...still anxious to see how DF plans to transform our franchise.

A new logo maybe?

Get Ben Mclemore please. Or Gary Harris if he declares.

Otto Porter, James McDoo, Trey Burke, Caldwell-Pope, Goodwin, Glen Robinson, Rudy Gobert, all are players that could be useful for us, we need quality depth at the wings and a defensive big

Glenn Robinson III is about 2years away from being a star...I would be surprised if he enters the draft this year

• Premium Member

I've been catching up with my college basketball. I disagree with you about the weakness of this years draft. There are a lot of studs in it.

Shabazz for my money is number one.

I watched the UNC VATECH game. I was impressed by a few people out there. Most impressive was ERICK GREEN. He will move up the big board. His skill is there. Another guy not getting much talk is Micheal Carter Williams of Syracuse. This guy is Deron Williams all over again.

There are some good players in this draft. No need to sleep on them.

I've been catching up with my college basketball. I disagree with you about the weakness of this years draft. There are a lot of studs in it.

Shabazz for my money is number one.

I watched the UNC VATECH game. I was impressed by a few people out there. Most impressive was ERICK GREEN. He will move up the big board. His skill is there. Another guy not getting much talk is Micheal Carter Williams of Syracuse. This guy is Deron Williams all over again.

There are some good players in this draft. No need to sleep on them.

There is definitely talent out there, which is why I'm hoping we can get at least 1 lottery pick. I'm really pulling for the Rockets to make the playoffs.