• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks ready to send Smoove to Bucks for Ellis.

ATLscrubLove

Yeah, that would make sense. Otherwise you'd renounce, sign other teams' FAs, then re-sign your renounced guy with Bird rights. Loophole central.

Yep that's exactly right. I guess that does answer the question as to whether or not they can be re-signed as they clearly can be, just not with bird rights and we'd have to have the cap space.

I'm pretty sure he wants to sign a longer deal. With how fast his stock is dropping, maybe he'd like a little security.

That's my thinking as well, 3-4 years at probably 8 million or so is what he can hope to get with the new CBA.

BTW I am NOT advocating the Hawks giving him that contract!

No one mentioned it, but:If and when Hawks do trade away Josh, it doesn't necessarily mean thathe is the only Hawk included in the trade.Now think, who else would we be sending out, and to who???And, Hawks could make a major trade without including Josh.Not likely right now, but it's possible.What do you think??????

The deal has to include a big man doesn't it? I don't think Sanders is available. I'm not a huge Monta fan, but I think I'd feel better if the deal was Monta and Dalembert for say Smith and Morrow.

Teague/Harris

Ellis/Jenkins

Korver/Stevenson/Tolliver

Horford/Ivan/Scott

Dalembert/Zaza/Petro

It makes MIlwaukee more balanced too

Jennings/Udrih

Dunleavy/Morrow/Lamb

Mbah a Moute/Ilyasova/Harris/Daniels

Smith/Henson/Udoh

Sanders/Gooden/Pryzbilla

Not a one for one guys NO WAYI said it early we aren't getting a perfect player because we aren't sending out a perfect player. Ellis will score and do so at a better rate. This is his worst year yet. He will draw fouls and attention giving korver and horford more room to work. He will be able to take over those inevitable 10-15 dead possessions each game better than anyone we haveI don't love him but e isn't awfulDalembert/Ellis/Henson/1stForSmoove/morrow/petroMy bet. Assets in deal are expiring dalembert young efficient Henson and a 1st in the 14-20 range

The NBA contract thing is very confusing to me. However I don't get the obsession with expiring contracts. I mean if you make a trade for a player more than likely you value that player? Wouldn't you want more control over said player?

Lol, it's either keep Smoove around and let him walk or possibly get Sanders/pick. Plus Ellis can really help us in the playoffs. Player option or not, Ferry won't give him a better deal this summer.

i mean geez fellas are you saying ellis is worst than prago, i dont watch mllwaukee but the times he has played us he has ate us a new axx hole.we could use the extra guard help during the playoofs sense we lost lou.

• Moderators

The NBA contract thing is very confusing to me. However I don't get the obsession with expiring contracts. I mean if you make a trade for a player more than likely you value that player? Wouldn't you want more control over said player?

You don't have any more control over that player unless you are willing to pay the max. Anything materially less than the max and you are just one of many bidders seeking an UFA.

More relevant to the discussion, Ellis has abysmal Win Shares due to his extremely low efficiency. He's everything bad about Josh without the defense.

Bingo.