• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta "fans" are the worst

capstone21

I try and steer away from these threads, but I can't. I've watched every Hawks game on TV as long as I can remember, and been to 5 live (I live in Ohio)... Let alone dunks, or long threes, whatever.... But when I hear the crowd groan because, KOBE or DWIGHT don't get a whistle foul???!!! That's not right for a home team crowd... I don't get it.

• Like 1

It was louder yelling for Korver to miss those FT's. Really sad... I don't blame him to want to go back to Chicago or Utah. It's the damn Lakers, and your home crowd wants you to miss... It's f***ing stupid. Sorry.

• Like 2

Hey! You gotta remember.

These are not Hawk fans. These are Laker fans who happen to live in Atlanta.

Not all NBA fans who live in Atlanta are Hawk fans. There are probably more

fans for any given NBA team here than there are Hawk fans.

Yet, there are Hawk fans in attendance. Many refuse to go to these games

because of the many fans that the visitors have. Check it out when the

hated Celtics are in town. Half the fans may be Boston fans.

More than any other NBA city, Atlanta has this huge problem of fans of our

opponent, regardless of who they are.

• Like 1

What are you all talking about. Heavy amount of Cali transplants in the city which came to see their team play. The local Kobe fans as well. The city has been invaded by transplants, they are getting closer every year to taking over jobs, culture, everything. Randomly ask 10 strangers where they're from and atleast 5 will not say Atlanta.

Difference between Miami and LA is the Lakers have the brand. 5 years from now without Kobe, the same crowd will come out and cheer for them no matter what. In 5 years when Miami's big 3 have dispersed, no one will come out for the Heat including their fans. Superstars draw out the Atlanta crowd like no other. This is why they have to snag Dwight. It goes beyond the basketball X's and O's.

• Like 1

Let them come - I would just like us to win those games so we can taunt them out of the arena. If we win all/most of these high profile games at home it would be sweet revenge.

Hawks season ticketholders make money on these games. They sell tix for $300 /$600 for games vs the Lakers, Heat, and Celtics......and to a lesser extent the Knicks.I have 6 UGA season tix and sell 2 of fhem for mega bucks for the big games each year. I plan on selling 2 tix for USC and LSU for around $1,000 this season.........while keeping 4. I may make more then that since last year I sold 2 tix for the UT and GT games for $1,000. That will virtually payoff 2 of my 6 season tix. I did the same thing for 1 Falcons game per year when I had season tix for them.Most Atlantans / Georgians just are not rich enough to turn that kind of money down.....we don't make money like they do in LA, NY, Boston, and Miami where the cost of living is crazy high.Just speaking the truth.I bought tix for Fri nights game vs the Suns on the 6th row / Halfcourt for $70........those seats would have coat me $500 tonight. Atlantans are simply smarter with their money.

Edited by coachx

If you are from LA and want to root for and come see your team, I have no problem with that. But something tells me that half of those people are not from LA. They just like rooting for superstars.