• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The league comments on the Kobe play

Wurider05

We've got to be concerned about the NBA "Cherry Picking" on this.

They cry, "Refs missed the call!" Really? What about the other fouls

that were not called, those that were so obvious to Hawk fans and had

our coach drawing the T foul for complaining?

Nope. Those weren't mentioned. NBA doesn't know or believe they

exist. Yet, they were just as real, probably more so. It's OK for Superman

to play like a bull in a china shop and never get called. Just don't bother

Kobe.

• Like 1

This it's what happens when your commissioner sells out to the TV folks by emphasizing the superstars instead of the teams. Now that is all the networks who carry the prime time games and most of the casual fans care about. Unless you're in a one-horse town with no other sporting options like Memphis, or a place where there is a history of winning, you go into the season knowing that you have no shot unless you have one of those young, up and coming stars in the making in your roster.The NFL did things right with TV by having teams share the wealth; that way, everyone goes into each season thinking they have a shot, no matter how long it is. The NBA? Not so much, unless you have a superstar player ABC, ESPN, and TNT wants to put in prime time...

While I feel that the league is pandering to Kobe and the Lakers by admitting this, I think that Dahntay did foul Kobe on that play. Both Kobe and Daytona were aggressive on the play which resulted in Dahntay overstepping and extending his foot below Kobe. So, it was a foul. I'm going to go run and hide now.

• Moderators

While I feel that the league is pandering to Kobe and the Lakers by admitting this, I think that Dahntay did foul Kobe on that play. Both Kobe and Daytona were aggressive on the play which resulted in Dahntay overstepping and extending his foot below Kobe. So, it was a foul. I'm going to go run and hide now.

I think most people are offended by the selectiveness of the public comments (i.e., not mentioning tons of other missed calls) rather than the fact that people are saying it should have been a foul.

If there aren't at least 20 plays you could call up from the ATL/LA game that you could second guess, I will eat crow. The fact that the league formally addressed this one shows the bias towards the Lakers and NBA stars over the lesser lights of the league when the officiating on and off the court should be the same for every team and every player.

I think most people are offended by the selectiveness of the public comments (i.e., not mentioning tons of other missed calls) rather than the fact that people are saying it should have been a foul. If there aren't at least 20 plays you could call up from the ATL/LA game that you could second guess, I will eat crow. The fact that the league formally addressed this one shows the bias towards the Lakers and NBA stars over the lesser lights of the league when the officiating on and off the court should be the same for every team and every player.

Oh yea, I totally agree. I is all blown out of proportion because it is Kobe/LA.

• Premium Member

This it's what happens when your commissioner sells out to the TV folks by emphasizing the superstars instead of the teams. Now that is all the networks who carry the prime time games and most of the casual fans care about. Unless you're in a one-horse town with no other sporting options like Memphis, or a place where there is a history of winning, you go into the season knowing that you have no shot unless you have one of those young, up and coming stars in the making in your roster.The NFL did things right with TV by having teams share the wealth; that way, everyone goes into each season thinking they have a shot, no matter how long it is. The NBA? Not so much, unless you have a superstar player ABC, ESPN, and TNT wants to put in prime time...

If I'm not mistaken, the Nation TV contracts are shared with all the teams in the league. So also are a percentage of the local TV contracts.

I wonder if the league will comment on Kobe's foul on Ricky Rubio at the end of last night's game?

After Kobe Bryant missed the second of two free throws with 3.4 seconds left, Minnesota guard Ricky Rubio grabbed the rebound, raced up the court and heaved a 28-foot shot that fell short as time expired. Replays showed Bryant made physical contact with Rubio, but the officials determined otherwise. "Was I surprised?" Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I was happy. I don't know if I was surprised. "I didn't see anything so there you go." Bryant had a different take. "They ain't calling that," Bryant said. "I don't think I got him, but that's a tough call to make. I just put my hand there. "It's not like I went out and smacked his arm." Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#SRVhfupMdRXJlkvb.99

I want very much for LA to miss the playoffs.

Then after the game Kobe said...that ain't no foul...what a lil tramp...I really hate Kobe and the lakers...hate to say it but as much as I hate Cuban I'd almost rather have the mavs get it that last spot

• Moderators

For all Kobe's #*$&ing about the uncalled foul with Atlanta he blows this off like it is nothing?

For what it is worth the NBA did apologize on this one, too.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/03/28/wolves-lakers-kobe-foul.ap/index.html?rss=true

Guys like Lebron and Kobe expect everything to go their way because they are usually better than their opponents and the NBA gives them free license with bonus calls and non-calls which tilt things even more in their favor. Must be nice.

Edited by AHF