• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoff Bound For 6th Straight Season!

hawkman

• Premium Member

Congrats to the Hawks. It doesn't seem too long ago when the Squawk was all about the draft well before the season was officially over. This has been a good run and we all should appreciate it. It could be worse. We could be Charlotte.Posted Image

Edited by hawkman
  • Like 2

Or we could be the 2012-2013 Lakers. Good Job. It's a process ladies and gents. We're on the Mavericks pace and path I hope, so we're due for an Eastern and NBA ring by 2017! You can't win the tournament unless you qualify. Bring on whoever!

Hmmm. And how many years has Al been here?

My sentiments exactly. Dude couldn't be a loser if he tried.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_franchise_post-season_streaks

Top consecutive NBA postseasons:

Spurs 16 seasons -- 4 titles

Mavericks 12 seasons (maybe not 13?) -- 1 title

Nuggets 10 seasons

Lakers 7 seasons (maybe not 8?) -- 2 titles

LOS HAWKS 6 seasons

Celtics 5 seasons (probably 6) -- 1 title

Heat 5 seasons -- 1 title

Bulls 4 seasons (probably 5)

~lw3

• Like 1

A team without Joe while Lou is missing the 2nd half of the season to boot. The Big 3s progression would have been much more progressed if they would have let Joe and Duck go at free agency.

Missed Zaza for much of the season too. The question is now do we want to match up with NYK or BKN.

Edited by Kimsey

• Premium Member

There has been a lot of up and down over our last 6 playoff appearances. At least we are there though, a lot of teams that haven't won a championship in these last few years would probably even trade places with us.

It is frustrating for us fans because we never feel that we are actually a team that will win a championship. We have been in the playoffs though and have at the very least a decent shot. I feel that better days are ahead for our Hawks and am really excited for this years playoff.

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

I would love to revisit some preseason threads. Man I would love that. So many thought we wouldn't win 40 games and we wouldn't make the playoffs. I feel good about this team. I still don't see us making too big of a splash in the playoffs this season. I don't like us against the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, or Heat. Nets and Celtics I think we could hang with though. But, I think we are going to be a really good squad in a year or two.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Congrats and I am happy. This only strengthens our chances in the offseason to snag a few top guys. And if it survives, gives KK more games to continue that streak, although I expect defenses to cover him like white on rice in the playoffs. Bring on the Knicks. That's who I want in the first round!

Knicks, Nets, Celts, Pacers none scare me.

i would put the celtics and probaly the pacers too on the not to play list. The cetlics seems to always get the better of us mentally and the refs letting them manhandle us with no calls especially in boston heavy effects our play.

The pacers are like the bulls a tough physical team. They are the number 1 defensive team and number 1 rebounding team but they dont get as much ref treatment as the bulls.

I agree with the nets and knicks. They both are a iso heavy team which we know doesnt work in the playoffs.

The knicks are a small jumpshooting team just like us and they are very old and slow. They have knuckleheads and They play pretty dumb basketball just like us also they dont make adjustments. Surprisingly for a big market team they dont near get as many favorable calls as other big market teams.

The nets we match up very well against them. They arent a physical and they are slow as molasses. when we get devin and teague going on the fast break they cant stop us but if it turns into a halfcourt game they can murder us.

Great accomplishment for these guys.

Franchise record is 7 consecutive appearances from 1993 - 1999 . . . with the best team in that stretch being 56-win ( 1996 - 97 ) Hawks team that lost to the 69-win Bulls team in the 2nd round.

Hawks are trending toward winning around 46 games, which is well above what most of us thought they could do. I'm not going to say they would've won more if Lou were healthy, because he was a detriment to the team at times ( and to Teague, because Lou would have the ball in his hands during times in which Teague should've had it ). Teague's numbers really didn't skyrocket until Lou got hurt.

And I can't say enough about Al Horford, who has been playing at a high level for about 2 months now. He's truly established himself as the best player on the team now. Smith, since the All-Star break, may have been a little erratic, but he's played good basketball as well.