• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next step...draft

capstone21

• Admin

We have 4 picks...2 mid firsts and 2 second picksI think we should package the firsts to try to move upIn the second one should go to Reggie Bullock...he is very underratedHe can handle the ball, he can rebound, shoot from outside, and he plays good defense

We have 4 picks...2 mid firsts and 2 second picksI think we should package the firsts to try to move upIn the second one should go to Reggie Bullock...he is very underratedHe can handle the ball, he can rebound, shoot from outside, and he plays good defense

For who ? Players 10 - 20 are very similar.If we end up using both 1st round picks you can Bank on Ferry taking 2 Euro guys in the 2nd round who he can stash away for a couple of years. You only trade up if the guy you trade up for is substantially better then the guys on the board at picks 17 and 18. Edited by coachx

True we have no leverage and there no cant miss players in this draft. I really like Otto Porter but I there is no way we can trade up to get him.

He looks like a sure fire top 5 pick in this draft. I hope I'm wrong and he slips to 10 where we may have a shot at trading up for him.

I don' think we have a shot to trade for the first 8 picks, after that there is not so much difference in talent, and even the 8 first picks are not so great, this is a weak draft.

We should go for BPA at 17 and 18 and I think we could select a decent wing and center, KCP, Goodwin, Adams or Dieng are realistic targets, we could even draft a good PG in Schröder, the good thing is that on 2nd round there is some talent available, althought weak this draft is in some manner deep, Bullock, Livio Jean, Karasev, DeShaun Thomas, Hardaway Jr, Kabongo, Canaan, Roberson, Jaiteh... we should try to find a SF there or BPA again

• Like 1

I don' think we have a shot to trade for the first 8 picks, after that there is not so much difference in talent, and even the 8 first picks are not so great, this is a weak draft. We should go for BPA at 17 and 18 and I think we could select a decent wing and center, KCP, Goodwin, Adams or Dieng are realistic targets, we could even draft a good PG in Schröder, the good thing is that on 2nd round there is some talent available, althought weak this draft is in some manner deep, Bullock, Livio Jean, Karasev, DeShaun Thomas, Hardaway Jr, Kabongo, Canaan, Roberson, Jaiteh... we should try to find a SF there or BPA again

I actually think this is a deeper then usual draft through the 1st round. It just doesn't have the elite talent of a James, Howard, or Durant.......but that doesn't matter for us since we don't have a top 3 pick.
  • Like 1

Exactly, we have just 4 players under contract, I don't know why we should not try to fill our roster when this draft allows you to do so.

Ryan Kelly, Todorovic, Rice, Adonis Thomas, Kadji others I forgot to mention for 2nd round

We should definitely try to trade up into the Lottery....not sure how Ferry can do it though, unless he is willing to part with Jeff Teague...I always held out hope that a S&T to a team with lottery pick but after that new CBA it really doesnt give us nor the player any advantage in doing that...

Otto Porter, Victor Olapido would be great picks if Ferry could wield his magic. I figure he was able to move Joe Johnson's contract so anything is possible..

I don' think we have a shot to trade for the first 8 picks, after that there is not so much difference in talent, and even the 8 first picks are not so great, this is a weak draft.

We should go for BPA at 17 and 18 and I think we could select a decent wing and center, KCP, Goodwin, Adams or Dieng are realistic targets, we could even draft a good PG in Schröder, the good thing is that on 2nd round there is some talent available, althought weak this draft is in some manner deep, Bullock, Livio Jean, Karasev, DeShaun Thomas, Hardaway Jr, Kabongo, Canaan, Roberson, Jaiteh... we should try to find a SF there or BPA again

Agreed gurpilo...the NBA draft isn't like the NFL draft where bad teams are willing to trade down to get an extra pick for "depth". Nobody is going to trade down unless there isn't anything worth trading up for in the first place. A G-M would be risking his job bigtime to trade out of the lottery.

That said - the two mid-round 1st rounders is a serious plus - even in an average draft. The two second rounders are probably useless....but you never know...having two means you only have to hit 50% to be successful...and I don't think second rounders have any real $$ guarrantee...so that's a plus.

We should just go BPA, particularly since there are plenty of serviceable 3s and 5s in this draft. I doubt we'll get a star, but we could get some really nice roleplayers. Plus Ferry seems to know how to hit in the 2nd with Mike Scott.

Our targets in the first should be: SG, SF, C

A lot of solid options that should be available: Tony Mitchell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Tim Hardaway Jr, Gorgui Dieng, Jeff Withey, Steven Adams

Edited by GameTime