• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza "definitely wants to come back" Anyone Opposed?

ATLscrubLove

Anybody who thinks Zaza would sign a vet min contract is delusional. Although, Zaza could be the nicest player ever and do it to help the Hawks, I doubt it.

I see him getting offered 3 years/18 million from someone, but turning it down for a slightly-smaller deal from the Hawks. Thinking 4 years/19-20 million.

Sorry guys he's not going to come back for the Vet min. Big guys who aren't good enough for Scrublove's videos are making more than that. (Kwame Brown comes to mind.)

LOL . . . Zaza could definitely fill enough highlights for a "Scrublove" video. He's one of the few dudes I've ever seen air ball a lay-up.

If the Hawks want to bring back a guy who is considered a fan favorite . . fine. If the Hawks are serious about building a championship caliber team, then he can't be brought back.

Zaza, by most accounts is a C-grade center. The only thing outstanding he does, is offensive rebound the basketball. And even half of those rebounds are his own misses. Zaza tends to play his best when he gets a chance to be a starter. Coming off the bench, he normally does not provide enough of a spark at that position to affect a game on a game by game basis.

For a backup center, a guy like Samuel Dalembert would be a much better option ( as gurpilo said ).

It's hard not to be jealous of the Bulls frontline. Their starters and backups do exactly what they need to do from a rebounding, defensive, and toughness standpoint to give most teams fits. I would love to put a bunch of "tough guys" around Horford, and not "fake tough guys". We can find better "tough guys" than Zaza.

With that being said, I probably won't be around next season if Zaza isn't here. So if this is it, I'll miss all of you.

Well lets hope it doesn't come to that. Between you and the Smoove fans leaving our fan base is going to take a hit around here!

Well lets hope it doesn't come to that. Between you and the Smoove fans leaving our fan base is going to take a hit around here!

I know, how will you afford to be throwing Benjis in the club with membership on the site down?

• Like 2

• Moderators

IMO, we can't sign anyone until after we have taken our swing at Paul/Howard. If we got them interested, we would need every bit of cap room to make that signing work. We would have to renounce Zaza and wouldn't be able to resign him.

He is my favorite Hawk and I would love to see him here. However, if we land a quality Center who takes most of the minutes, I don't see us keeping him.

Edit: Of course I am assuming he will want more than vet min. For vet min or 2-3 mil/year, it is a no brainer.

Edited by nitte

He is my favorite Hawk and I would love to see him here. However, if we land a quality Center who takes most of the minutes, I don't see us keeping him.

Edit: Of course I am assuming he will want more than vet min. For vet min or 2-3 mil/year, it is a no brainer.

Zaza is your favorite Hawk? :)