• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Seek Sign-And-Trade Scenarios For Josh Smith

NBASupes

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227642/Hawks-To-Seek-Sign-And-Trade-Scenarios-For-Josh-Smith

The Atlanta Hawks enter the offseason with Josh Smith's free agency amongst their most pressing issues.

The Hawks will likely seek sign-and-trade packages involving Smith in order to receive assets in return.

The Hawks also have cap space and are expected to pursue Dwight Howard.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent.

Seems like Ferry is keeping all his options open which is a good thing. He seems to be looking at numerous options instead of just going for Howard and CP3 and that's it.

Me personally, I don't see what we can really get for a SnT of Smith. Teams almost never trade key assets for FA SnT. Usually draft picks, misused players, and players making more that what they should make like Marvin Williams and Devin Harris. So I am not looking at this like it's a great added value but it shows Ferry is keeping all his cards open.

Just hopeful our plans don't revolve or involve Paul and or Howard.

If our plans do not involve CP3 or Dwight we are not trying to win a title then. Our plans shouldn't be just for those guys but we need to have all our cards to the deck.

If our plans do not involve CP3 or Dwight we are not trying to win a title then. Our plans shouldn't be just for those guys but we need to have all our cards to the deck.

How many titles have those two guys gotten? There are better cheaper options out there.

• Moderators

The Hawks will likely seek sign-and-trade packages involving Smith in order to receive assets in return

When I read stuff like this, it just makes me believe that Josh will be a Hawk next season. No sources, nothing of fact, nothing for sure. Just speculation that we as Hawks fans knew would happen since the trade deadline.

• Like 2

When I read stuff like this, it just makes me believe that Josh will be a Hawk next season. No sources, nothing of fact, nothing for sure. Just speculation that we as Hawks fans knew would happen since the trade deadline.

You bite your tongue sir!

• Like 1

Posted Image

The same amount Bosh and Lebron had before they came to Miami. If you care so much about players having titles, we need to look at signing Paul Pierce and KG then. Why not try to get Robert Horry out of retirement and sign Derek Fisher to replace Teague.

If those players had titles, they would likely still be with their original team.

Just saying there are far better options available to help this team than the team cancer and cheap shot artist.

Just saying there are far better options available to help this team than the team cancer and cheap shot artist.

Team cancers lead their teams to numerous consecutive 50 wins seasons and a Finals appearance while the other is one of the best PG's ever are cancers and cheap shot artists then what are our current players then?

• Like 2

• Moderators
You bite your tongue sir!
It just seems that way with the Hawks and Josh... Every season comes and passes with the media talking about how the Hawks should trade Josh, but yet it's been nine years and he is still here. If there isn't substance or something backing a story on Josh, I tend to believe the opposite... lol Although I wouldn't be against him returning...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good that Ferry is open but I think he will be a day late and a dollar short without Paul and Howard. There is nothing better than Teague in FA or draft as a PG. Maybe Trey Burke but how long before he is better? We could have had Rudy Gay at SF whose better out there in FA or draft? Maybe Porter down the line. My point is he better be open to trades because the FA market is not goin yield a big improvement outside of Howard and Paul. Draft may not help even if we move up. Trading me be best option for elite talent.

How many titles have those two guys gotten? There are better cheaper options out there.

Alex, you can't be serious. There are only two free agents this year that can help a team win a title and they are Dwight and Paul. Dwight carried a Magic team to the finals with Jameer Nelson as the PG. Paul and Horford plus a bunch of 3 pt shooters and a solid wing defender would equal the best team Howard had ever played on. This trio is by far our best chance at winning a title. I have to question the BBIQ of anyone who thinks differently.

Good that Ferry is open but I think he will be a day late and a dollar short without Paul and Howard. There is nothing better than Teague in FA or draft as a PG. Maybe Trey Burke but how long before he is better? We could have had Rudy Gay at SF whose better out there in FA or draft? Maybe Porter down the line. My point is he better be open to trades because the FA market is not goin yield a big improvement outside of Howard and Paul. Draft may not help even if we move up. Trading me be best option for elite talent.

Rudy is one of the most overpaid players in the league. That would be like having Josh on a max contract.

Alex, you can't be serious. There are only two free agents this year that can help a team win a title and they are Dwight and Paul. Dwight carried a Magic team to the finals with Jameer Nelson Rafer Alston as the PG. Paul and Horford plus a bunch of 3 pt shooters and a solid wing defender would equal the best team Howard had ever played on. This trio is by far our best chance at winning a title. I have to question the BBIQ of anyone who thinks differently.

Jameer was hurt before the All Star break that year and didn't return until the Finals.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227642/Hawks-To-Seek-Sign-And-Trade-Scenarios-For-Josh-Smith

The Atlanta Hawks enter the offseason with Josh Smith's free agency amongst their most pressing issues.

The Hawks will likely seek sign-and-trade packages involving Smith in order to receive assets in return.

The Hawks also have cap space and are expected to pursue Dwight Howard.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent.

Seems like Ferry is keeping all his options open which is a good thing. He seems to be looking at numerous options instead of just going for Howard and CP3 and that's it.

Me personally, I don't see what we can really get for a SnT of Smith. Teams almost never trade key assets for FA SnT. Usually draft picks, misused players, and players making more that what they should make like Marvin Williams and Devin Harris. So I am not looking at this like it's a great added value but it shows Ferry is keeping all his cards open.

Notice missing from the article is the phrase, "according to (insert name here)". If there is no attribution, its speculation.