• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud is our new coach

GameTime

No matter who the Hawks hired, there would be some who would never be happy with the hire. If they hired:

1. Phil Jackson - he doesn't have the personnel to run the traingle

2. Jerry Sloan - Too old

3, SVG - master of panic

4. Nate, Collins etc -retread

5. Shaw, Bud, Malone - no head coaching experience.

aaaaaah.....mush.

I admit I don't know anything about this guy, but why wasn't he a head coach prior to this. I doubt he wanted to stay under Popp all this time.

He was planning on taking over for Pop once he and TD retired. Apparently he refused interviews for years before this. But for Pop to say that he wasn't an assistant, he was more like the "co-head coach" says all that I need to hear about him.

• Like 4

He was planning on taking over for Pop once he and TD retired. Apparently he refused interviews for years before this. But for Pop to say that he wasn't an assistant, he was more like the "co-head coach" says all that I need to hear about him.

That works for me too. Thanks.

I am going into this with an open mind.

• Like 3

I admit I don't know anything about this guy, but why wasn't he a head coach prior to this. I doubt he wanted to stay under Popp all this time.

He is only 43 years old.

He will be one of the younger coaches in the league. You have to love his background in where he came from.

• Like 2

It's hard to build a house without a contractor who knows what he's doing.

With our new GM and now our new head coach, the parts are falling into place.

Free agency, the draft and who do we keep and who do we let go - - - So many

wonderful questions to be answered before the start of next season. And, who

will be on Bud's coaching staff?

GO HAWKS!!

(GO ATLANTA DREAM! 1-0!)

It's hard to build a house without a contractor who knows what he's doing.

With our new GM and now our new head coach, the parts are falling into place.

Free agency, the draft and who do we keep and who do we let go - - - So many

wonderful questions to be answered before the start of next season. And, who

will be on Bud's coaching staff?

GO HAWKS!!

(GO ATLANTA DREAM! 1-0!)

I was wondering where you've been, figured you'd be excited about the new hire.

If we are going to mimic the spurs offensive system there is no room to have a knucklehead tweener who cant shoot.

Edit: also the way the crowd was booing his ass in his last game I dont think he wants to be here either.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 3

There is no way we re-sign Josh Smith unless it is for a ridiculously low amount..I.E. <$10 mill per year

Agreed - and then turn around and trade him at the deadline.

Damn. I've been working so hard today, dealing with bull crap at work, that I haven't followed anything today. Didn't even know the result of the b-ball game until about 30 minutes ago.

So the Hawks hired Mike B.

If the goal was to hire the best assistant coach available, then this was a good hire. Hopefully Bud will coach up guys like Horford and possibly Teague, and get them to play at a higher level.

Having current and former players heap praise on him, while also having him come from under Popovich, are the positives of this. He's obviously going to be a guy who knows what he's doing. The question is going to be if he can get his players to buy into whatever he's teaching them.

I just hope he doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth, like Drew had a tendency to do.