• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not looking good for Teague

GameTime

• Moderators

I suspect his RFA status will keep them tight-lipped about their plans for Jeff, at least until free agency gets underway. They don't want a Jeremy Lin-lite scenario to come up where they talk openly of their plans for him only to see the rug pulled out from under them with another team's crazy RFA offer. QO acceptance is unlikely but they're hedging against that remote possibility, too. I don't think they've formally offered it yet, but they will at some point next month (can't happen until the Finals are over, anyway).

Teague's commentary to C-Viv about looking forward to working with Bud is an encouraging sign for those expecting him back.

~lw3

• Like 3

Jeff really jumped forward this year with his decision making, especially when coming off the pick and roll. He really did a good job of finding his open shooters. There were times where he would fall back into old habits, but he learned how to vary the speed he plays at this year. I anticipate that he will make a similar jump in his 4th season that Mike Conley made. I think he can definitely fit the way Bud is likely going to run the offense.

• Like 2

Jeff really jumped forward this year with his decision making, especially when coming off the pick and roll. He really did a good job of finding his open shooters. There were times where he would fall back into old habits, but he learned how to vary the speed he plays at this year. I anticipate that he will make a similar jump in his 4th season that Mike Conley made. I think he can definitely fit the way Bud is likely going to run the offense.

If he grows up and matures into an adult then yes I think that he can. But from his childish tech he got for pushing Paul George in the playoffs on the way to the bench or his nonchalant missed layup at the All-Star weekend challenge to his constantly letting his opposing PG sit wide open for 3 or getting easily beaten by a decent PnR he's got A LOT of growing up to do. He needs to learn to take this game more seriously and make this team his. Until that time comes I'm not going to have very high expectations for him. But he did get a lot better this year and if he can mature this year and get some better coaching maybe he can make that leap forward into an All-Star type of player.

• Like 2

Not one mention today in the PC. And Ferry and Bud kept stressing competitiveness and competitors *sip

From Peachtreehoops...

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/5/29/4376370/atlanta-hawks-introduce-mike-budenholzer-new-head-coach-danny-ferry

When asked about players on the roster, he first noted Horford, but also said he is a big fan of John Jenkinsand Mike Scott. Budenholzer also noted that he really likes Jeff Teague, and that the decision to re-sign Teague will be one of the biggest decisions of the offseason. (Note: No one asked a question about Josh Smith because we all can see the writing on the wall.)

I am very hopeful that they bring Mike Scott back next year as I honestly think this kid will end up being a starter at some point in the next couple of years. Or at the very least he'll be capable of starting and will be playing big minutes.

• Like 1

• Moderators

From Peachtreehoops...

I am very hopeful that they bring Mike Scott back next year as I honestly think this kid will end up being a starter at some point in the next couple of years. Or at the very least he'll be capable of starting and will be playing big minutes.

I agree on Scott. He's easily the most impressive 2nd rounder we've had here in recent memory despite very limited time. Maybe he can bulk up enough to be effective at PF. He seems to know how to rebound and shoot which puts him ahead of a lot of guys in the league.

• Moderators

I feel Teague will be our PG going forward. Really looking forward to seeing him play w/o having Josh out there dictating what he does. I believe he will flourish and he showed signs all season of what he is capable of. Teague/Horford is apart of the future of this franchise. He did alright in the few games that he played in w/o Josh. Worse to worse he ends up being trade bait.

I think the Hawks management is actually in about the best spot they can be in with Jeff Teague. If somebody makes a crazy offer they can let him go...and if nobody offers they can just let him play out his "contract year".

Jeff's come along nicely from being the 7th PG taken in the draft that year - but he's not advanced to the point that we have to worry about overpaying him to keep him (IMHO).

Teague is not in any way a pick and roll point guard. I hope he's gone frankly.

He's never had anyone to really teach him the PNR so because of that he's not in any way a PnR PG? I for one would prefer to give him a season to actually learn that under someone who should be a master at teaching it, both offensively and defensively, before I automatically make a statement such as this.

I'd rather us trade up and get Burke if we can't get CP3... I'm about getting tired of Teague, too inconsistent to be a championship leading PG.

Hell no to Burke. He can't even beat a zone defense in college, how in the world is he going to get by in the NBA? I'd much rather have Hardaway Jr and not have to move up to get him.

• Like 2

http://hoopchalk.com/2013/02/14/the-maturation-of-jeff-teague/

http://www.hickory-high.com/?p=5781

There are two links with a lot of information in them that detail the improvements Jeff Teague made in his game this season.

Still sucked in the playoffs when it counted.