• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew to be the head coach for the Bucks

AHawks89

Way to go LD! Hoping for a fresh start and a new group of guys you can reach out to without having the past history of being the guy who would brush their hair while they complained about Woody.......that is if you don't take Josh and Jeffrey up there with you.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm happy for LD. I think he was screwed over by us... to be honest.

He came on as an assistant and proved that he could win on this level with changing conditions and hurt players to boot... only to be replaced by a guy with less experience coaching that he had. On top of that, he took the lowest pay for a coach in this league for the last three years. i hope he does well and prove his critics wrong.

• Like 3

I wasn't on board with the hire, but over the years I grew to like and appreciate Drewski. The first half of the season that hi-lo saved our bacon more than a few times in close games. Probably best suited to be a top-flight assistant, but certainly in the upper half of head coaches with the ability to rise as he becomes more experienced and find his head coaching voice that's loud and forceful enough to get more unintelligent players to buy in or else. The four years of stability is great too, but there simply isnt much on that roster that I would want on my squad besides Sanders and maybe one of their utility forwards on the cheap. Drew got his work cut out for sure. Anyway, congrats and I view him as a True Hawk.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

When it come to ball movement, energy, physicality, a sense of urgency... Monta Elli have it all!~lw3

Well, as I told the guys....ENERGY...PHENOMENAL...I might have to check out Fox Sports Midwest from time to time, especially after Monta has one of those 4-22 shooting nights. That's some good drinking right there...or should we wait for them to play us? LD's catchphrases, playing off of Budenholzer's name (beer/weed)...I might need the next day off...
  • Like 2