• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Alternative "Big 3"

Hairydawgz

Just wondering what the thoughts would be of an alternative "Big 3" of Horford/CP3/Bynum? I know Bynum has had his injury history and could be risky. However, from a talent perspective he is definitely elite when healthy.It is possible that he may not command a max deal with his recent injury history, which could allow for additional funds to build depth in the roster behind the big 3. Do you feel Bynum would be worth the risk?

Obviously you just got to this place, but let me fill you in. Only Dwight Howard and Chris Paul make this team better. No other player(s) the Hawks add will help the team out.

Obviously you just got to this place, but let me fill you in. Only Dwight Howard and Chris Paul make this team better. No other player(s) the Hawks add will help the team out.

Posted Image Sure seems that way lately...

That said, please Hawks, say no to Bynum.

Tell that to the Spurs and Pacers.Life goes on if we miss out Paul and Howard.
  • Like 3

He has proven himself to be an injury prone headcase.

Would you consider Howard an injury prone head case this past season? One season of injuries is not "injury prone". Oden is injury prone. Kobe has had more serious and frequent knee and ankle injuries than Bynum, yet Hawks fans would be ecstatic to sign him. I think the fact that Philly fans and media are so easily ticked off when things don't go well for them contributed heavily to the outcries against Bynum this past year. Bynum was a dominant center in 2012. I think he is just now reaching his potential as an NBA player. I'm not saying Ferry would sign him, but the idea that he is not a valuable commodity who could help ATL win playoff games is naive at best. He was basically a 20/12 guy his last season. I was thinking more in terms of how his skill set matches up with the other two players as a cohesive united thin Coach Bud's system.. Has anyone really asked that question about the Howard/CP3 arrangement? Or are we just going to take the Lakers route of putting big names together on a roster and expecting dominance? (Worked out well there didn't it?) Just putting ideas out there. Lets keep an open mind about who could and could not join us. There are several talented players out there who can help the team win.

Tell that to the Spurs and Pacers.Life goes on if we miss out Paul and Howard.

I am one of the biggest anti Howard people on the board. Sorry if you couldn't tell I was joking.

Would you consider Howard an injury prone head case this past season? One season of injuries is not "injury prone". Oden is injury prone. Kobe has had more serious and frequent knee and ankle injuries than Bynum, yet Hawks fans would be ecstatic to sign him.I think the fact that Philly fans and media are so easily ticked off when things don't go well for them contributed heavily to the outcries against Bynum this past year. Bynum was a dominant center in 2012. I think he is just now reaching his potential as an NBA player. I'm not saying Ferry would sign him, but the idea that he is not a valuable commodity who could help ATL win playoff games is naive at best. He was basically a 20/12 guy his last season.I was thinking more in terms of how his skill set matches up with the other two players as a cohesive united thin Coach Bud's system.. Has anyone really asked that question about the Howard/CP3 arrangement? Or are we just going to take the Lakers route of putting big names together on a roster and expecting dominance? (Worked out well there didn't it?)Just putting ideas out there. Lets keep an open mind about who could and could not join us. There are several talented players out there who can help the team win.

lol what are you talking about he had knee injuries almost every season and missed several games except for that 1 lockout year.

in 07-08 he missed 46 due to a dislocated LEFT kneecap

in 08-09 missed 32 games due to a torn his MCL in his RIGHT KNEE

in 09-10 he tore his meniscus in his RIGHT KNEE

in 10-11 season he missed 24 games due to surgery then later in the season he hyper extended his right knee

in 11-12 healhty

12-13 - missed the season due to double knee surgery.

Not to mention all of the games he missed for being suspended due to taking dirty/cheap shots and multiple ejections.

He has redflags on redflags.

• Like 1

Bynum has knee problems and doesn't have the maturity this team needs going forward. He was supposed to be the savior for Phillys middle of te road blues, but messed his knee up...bowling. If he didn't have countless knee problems, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. However, the guy can't stay on the court and that's only going to get worse with age.

• Premium Member

No to Bynum.

The BU plan is:

IF we can't get CP3, I would keep Teague.

IF we can't get CP3 or D12, I would take a chance on JJ Hickson.

If I can get Hickson reasonably, I would go after somebody who can shoot.

I would also see what Indy would need for Granger.

No to Bynum.

The BU plan is:

IF we can't get CP3, I would keep Teague.

IF we can't get CP3 or D12, I would take a chance on JJ Hickson.

If I can get Hickson reasonably, I would go after somebody who can shoot.

I would also see what Indy would need for Granger.

I really like Hickson too.........but I like him as a part of a 3 man big rotation where he would play heavy minuntes combined with a true center. Combining Hickson with a guy like Splitter would be ideal allowing both Hickson and Horford to spend time at PF.

Split the PF and C minutes up: Horford (36 mpg) / Splitter (30 mpg) / (Hickson 30 mpg)

That would allow Horford and Hickson to each spend about 15 mpg at PF.

or draft a guy like Dieng and commit yourself to giving him good minutes.

lol what are you talking about he had knee injuries almost every season and missed several games except for that 1 lockout year.

in 07-08 he missed 46 due to a dislocated LEFT kneecap

in 08-09 missed 32 games due to a torn his MCL in his RIGHT KNEE

in 09-10 he tore his meniscus in his RIGHT KNEE

in 10-11 season he missed 24 games due to surgery then later in the season he hyper extended his right knee

in 11-12 healhty

12-13 - missed the season due to double knee surgery.

Not to mention all of the games he missed for being suspended due to taking dirty/cheap shots and multiple ejections.

He has redflags on redflags.

I recently sprained my MCL and have learned a lot from it. The main thing is that recovery requires a lot of effort and you have to do what's needed or you can end up with it taking too long to heal and other problems. A problem with the meniscus is one of the problems that can develop with the MCL problems. The fact that his problems have been in the right leg says maybe it all goes back to the first injury. I guess the point is, if he's not really motivated as many have suggested, then all the injuries could be all going back to the same problem - inadequate recoveries. Or he's just made of glass. Either way, he's not a good bet.