• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks hire Snyder as assistant

Jody23

He was said to be a coaching candiate for many teams. This is a great hire.

Messina on the way?

This is becoming a best friends club. All these moves have been painstakingly obvious, but they have been taking a while. Hopefully it is because DF is actually doing due diligence and has an open mind with decisions.

RC is buddies with Pop. Not always a bad thing. Part of the "Spurs Model"

• Premium Member

He was almost our head coach so it is interesting that he is an assistant

I have a feeling the rumors were wrong and any talks they had were about joining the staff as an assistant. The Bud thing happened so quickly, Ferry must have had it planned for awhile now. Either way, it's good to see a guy that was linked to our coaching search become an assistant. Other teams were interested in him too.
  • Like 1

He was almost our head coach so it is interesting that he is an assistant

Exactly, sure beats Lester " I don't know" Conner. I originally stated that I would be fine with Messina if Nate McMillan and Snyder were his top assistants but this is shaping up to be just as good if not better with Budenholzer being the top man.

• Like 1

• Admin

Exactly, sure beats Lester " I don't know" Conner. I originally stated that I would be fine with Messina if Nate McMillan and Snyder were his top assistants but this is shaping up to be just as good if not better with Budenholzer being the top man.

I read that Conner was going to follow Drew to the Bucks

This is becoming a best friends club. All these moves have been painstakingly obvious, but they have been taking a while. Hopefully it is because DF is actually doing due diligence and has an open mind with decisions.

You can't find 2 better tutors then Coach K and Pop.

Lucky for Ferry those 2 guys are in his BFF Club.

Now who will be the "Gray Beard" on the bench ?

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

If any of the last group of assistants are kept I hope its Bender. He seemed the most intelligent and most well spoken of the prior assistants when doing live interviews.

Too bad Fizdale left for Miami when Woody left.

Me too and good riddance. That half time interview pretty much classified the entirety of his usefullness to the Hawks. Snyder has been a head man in college, top assistant to one of the most legendary international coaches, tutored under coach K as both a player and assistant and been in charge of the Spurs' DLeague affiliate. I imagine he has a better grasp of XOs and will be instrumental in player development but let's let time tell.