• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching Danny Green, I could honestly say, I think John Jenkins could do that

NBASupes

If we land CP3 and Dwight. Without them, not a chance, we don't have anyone who the defense has to really defend then like they do with Parker and Duncan but if those two as well as Horf come to Atlanta. I can see him or if we bring back Korver just lighting up teams like Miami.

Edited by Leadership

I was just about to post the same thing! I think Jenkins has it in him I really do!

I like that hes a gym rat and a hustler. I believe Coach bud will use him like the spurs use Green and Neal. If Jenkins get the opportunity he can do it....I know it. LOL but maybe were crazy!

• Like 1

Jenkins is closer to Neal than Green. He's not as long as Green and doesn't get his hands on as many lose balls, steals, or blocks as Green. He's also not the rebounder Green is.

He can definitely be the spot up jump shooter that Green is though.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Jenkins is closer to Neal than Green. He's not as long as Green and doesn't get his hands on as many lose balls, steals, or blocks as Green. He's also not the rebounder Green is.

Agree with this. Jenkins is closer to Neal than Green.

Jenkins is actally closer to Dell Curry. His skill-set is naturally better than Green or Neal. Green just fits SA extremely well and is much better then he used to be when I remember him at SA. You have to remember, he is coming off of screens and the defense is focus on Splitter cutting the basket, Duncan and Parker presence. Those two are elite HOF players. We have had Korver playing with Josh and Horford who can't create their own offense well while at all. Duncan do more at 37 than Horford will ever be able to do.

Jenkins has the ability to curl off of screens and his floater is really good as well. Jenkins will score points in the NBA. His defense will never be as good as Green is right now. Doesn't have the tools for that.

Edited by Leadership

Hate to throw out another player comparison, but Jenkins reminds me the most of Redick than anybody (too young to have seen Dell Curry): lights out shooter with some underrated ballhandling and passing and the potential to be an ok defender despite short arms. Jenkins needs to put on some weight/strength I think.

• Like 1

You guys seem to have seen way more in JJ than I have. I think the potential is there but I didn't see much last season to make me think he is a starter on a good NBA team. I'm really pulling for the young fella though. He appears to be a class act.

You guys seem to have seen way more in JJ than I have. I think the potential is there but I didn't see much last season to make me think he is a starter on a good NBA team. I'm really pulling for the young fella though. He appears to be a class act.

He's not like JJ. JJ has short arms and he isn't anywhere near as good at attacking or creating for others as Jenkins is skill-set wise. With that said, Redick plays with amazing passion, is extremely smart, can shoot lights out and really understands off ball movement and defensive rotations.

Dell Curry is the best comparison. I think Jenkins could be a starter. I still don't think Redick is a good starter and his numbers and impact screams otherwise but when I watch him play, I am just not sold.

• Moderators

Dell Curry IS the best comparison for what Jenkins is. A great 3 pt shooter and guy to have on the bench. Only difference is that I believe that Jenkins will develop into a rich man's Dell Curry. He has already shown a midrange game and a willingness to attack the hoop. Also, some of his passes were sick last season.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

No one has ever done what Green is doing. Not Ray, not Reggie, so I definately wouldn't put JJ on a possibility pedastal with that. It's totally random and lucky. If he gets Finals MVP it'll be an outrage. Duncan and Leonard have been the most consistent and the anchors defensively, the reason they're a game away from putting a big red bow on their dynasty.

• Like 1

Who/ how is Finals MVP determined anyway? Wes Unseld is the only Rookie and only player averaging less points than Danny Green in the regular season to win. If they lose, LeBron ain't pulling a Jerry West and still snagging the award with 44 per.

Edited by benhillboy

Jenkins cannot dribble or defend effectively....keep in mind Green had a long journey to get to where he is....so if you are saying that tis not good for the hawks anytime soon

Jenkins can play some solid team defense but he isn't what Korver is at it. As far as handles, it is what it is. He can dribble when you close in too hard or when he's cutting and he get to the hole to shoot a floater.

I applaud your enthusiasm here Leadership but there's now way that Jenkins can impact the game the way that Green does. If you're talking about strictly as a spot up 3pt shooter then yes I'd say he can compete with him as a shooter. But Green is a much better overall player with better physical gifts. If we want a guy who's like Green then we need to go after the guy KB says is his clone and that's Reggie Bullock from UNC. Bullock is actually taller and longer than Green and probably isn't the same level of shooter but his game is very similar from what I've read and seen. And the fact that he's an American player that KB is standing behind should tell you a lot!

• Moderators

No one has ever done what Green is doing. Not Ray, not Reggie, so I definately wouldn't put JJ on a possibility pedastal with that. It's totally random and lucky.

That is what I was thinking when I saw this title. The run Green is on right now is insane. Nobody has ever shot this well from 3pt range in the playoffs before and it is a function more of a random outlier than a repeatable skillset.

Hate to throw out another player comparison, but Jenkins reminds me the most of Redick than anybody (too young to have seen Dell Curry): lights out shooter with some underrated ballhandling and passing and the potential to be an ok defender despite short arms. Jenkins needs to put on some weight/strength I think.

He's almost a JJ Redick clone offensively. He's actually pretty solid to be 6 - 4 ( at 215 lbs ), which is a little lighter than Dwyane Wade ( who is 220 lbs and 6 - 4 ).

S. Curry, K. Thompson, K. Korver, R. Foye, D. Green. These are the only players that took five or more threes a game and shot 40% or better.

Can Jenkins do that? It would be great if he did, but am not going to count on it.